Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I played this a lot way way back and knew some of you (probably only LK remembers me, heh) and even bought a founder package for the motorbike. I abandoned it because of the retarded item breakage system and the colossal incompetence of Red5. These current changes combined with an actual release, are loving flooring me. I'm going to give this poo poo another try!

I didn't see anything in the OP about wipes, etc. I'm assuming there will be one for launch? What about ancient early beta stuff like my pumpkin and tombstone and tiki torch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lemon King posted:

All those goodie items are still there if you own them. :getin:

LK, anyone who bought a founders package should get a special reward because we gave money to you like literal years early ;)

The motorbike was worth it though.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Inimicul posted:

Gear old enough that it came from the previous generations were either wiped or converted to the new system depending on how old it was. CY stays. Cosmetics and stuff stay. Your beans are safe. XP is safe. Your unlocks are still unlocked.

That's a broad poorly worded explanation, but that's the best I can do off the top of my head. Go ahead and log in and see what you've got. There's no more planned wipes. Welcome to launch!

Thank you! I blew most of my cy on something or other, but my cosmetics are by far my most valued possessions. Especially my pumpkin. I'm pretty stoked to reinstall this now. Most of my gear was probably too old, I didn't really play the iteration of the game after they added item breakage because it was so goddamn dumb. This new poo poo sounds so much better, it's a shame it took so long.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lemon King posted:

I heard teasing a TikiMGV may happen for founders.

Yup that would rule, make it happen!!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Oh my loving god this is so much better now, the interface, holy poo poo, why the gently caress couldn't they have planned and designed this better from the start. Was Kern that bad?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Applied to the army as Arus (duh), let me in!!!!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I'd rather have powercreep than the many lovely, unfun, and overcomplicated systems we've had in the game up until now.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I plan on researching Arsenal stuff because this frame owns.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Nalin posted:

I really love the Arsenal too, but man, I really hate that Combat Shotgun ability. So useless.

Yeah, it's subpar. I'm only like level 8 now so not sure if I'll replace it with something else? The AoE long-range laser gun ability is the loving best, it's so badass and fun and good.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Serious Frolicking posted:

Do you have to get to a certain level to see chat or something? I can't seem to find anything in options to that effect, but I haven't seen a single person saying anything. The chat window is there, but only system messages appear.

Definitely not, possibly a chat server problem, or interface misconfiguration causing channels to be hidden? Are you in the right tab at the bottom? Enter mouse mode and change tab, if you're not.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Nalin posted:

I decided to test to see if the Dreadnaught Explosive Rounds worked with the LMG now, and it does! So I replaced my Combat Shotgun with Explosive Rounds and it is the best decision I ever made.

gently caress yes! If I remember right, can't advanced frames generally use abilities from the Accord from they're based off of? Was the LMG not working with that a specific issue?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I think we should be, the majority of people are either going to be new to the game or levelling alt frames, I think it's useful. Maybe just blue and above?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Feindfeuer posted:

plus a selection of Body Visual unlocks:
1 x "Model 5 Tech Helmet"

Oh gently caress yes, Arus would love this please, can you mail items now too?? Thanks!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Well gently caress, keep me in mind when they fix em! Thanks man.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Have any of you gotten to try the endgame PvP zone yet? From what I've seen, it sounds somewhat like a smaller scale Planetside 2 with the multiple sides and bases and vehicles, just with Firefall combat. I really hope this is close to the truth, because it sounds loving awesome and I won't have to give SOE any time or money to get this kind of gameplay.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

^^^^ goddammit I knew it

Kikilupo posted:

I cant decide between Dragonfly, Firecat, or Recluse frames.

And a stupid question, where can I find the Army panel so I can apply? I'm not seeing it in the social panel or any of the others. Do I need to find a special terminal in game?

Assuming you're in Copacabana, in the back corner of the base you'll see a big majestic white metal Accord bunker, there you'll find army terminals as well as the arcporter for travel to other zones.

I'm still getting to used to this revamped interface after not seriously playing the game for like 1.5-2 years so there is probably another way as well that doesn't involve a terminal thing!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

wellwhoopdedooo posted:

Nah, just go with dragonfly.

Fixed.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Bauxite posted:

Wow, so wrong.

Look who's not getting a heal whilst thumping.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Dammit, I can't decide which frame I want to hit 40 on first, Arsenal or Dragonfly. I'm a pretty drat casual player and play a couple hours every few days so it will take me quite a while, so this is a big choice!

I like the usefulness of the Dragonfly with other people, and the "healing" abilities loving rule at damaging groups. Arsenal however is beast mode, and the HKM ability is the greatest thing in the entire world.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Isn't the cap 200?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Sard posted:

These new battleframe visual progression details are great, is there a gallery for all battleframes? I could only find the Assault ones from one of the Path to Launch blogs.

I really hope a gallery of some kind pops up, I'd love to see this.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Ralith posted:

Place a buy order for a reusable hoverpad. If you use one of those and a glider pad simultaneously, you'll rocket up into the air and can gain enough altitude to glide almost anywhere from almost anywhere. It makes bikes a bit obsolete, to be honest.

When they fix/change that I'll be laughing from my rad chopper bike :smug:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Yeah, ARES boards are awesome to add to the content but sometimes just roam the world doing the random events, or drop a thumper to mix things up.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I seem to recall that some of them are just temporarily disabled right now. They're still in the game, just turned off for right now due to a problem.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I didn't know the texture streaming worked like this. This is loving horrible for people with limited monthly internet bandwidth caps, like me.

Is there ANY way to download the whole cache locally and just stick it on a hard drive?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lemon King posted:

Cache is about 50gb for new eden and every new patch recreates the cache.

Inimicul posted:

Other than walk around every inch of the game, no. Once it's downloaded it stays there. That 60GB seems to be various qualities too. I've been playing for over a year on High and my cache is still less than 4GB.

Well okay, that's good, as long as I only download each texture once and it's not continually refreshing.

e: vvvv I have a very good Intel SSD, it's my monthly internet cap I'm worried about, not drive access speeds.

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jul 30, 2014

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

natetimm posted:

It goes out to the program manager, it's just when I tell it to force quit the program it doesn't do it.

Do you mean task manager? What happens when you try and end the Firefall process?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

xxEightxx posted:

So are they straight up bribing the playerbase? Are things really that hosed?

I don't know man, I kinda want to be bribed.

Hey R5: :wink:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Digital_Jesus posted:

The advanced frames don't feel worth the investment with the exception of the hilariously unbalanced Recluse (and by that I mean every other class needs to be boosted to Recluses power level because holy poo poo it's the only one I don't feel like killing NPCs is a chore with).

Have you tried the dread frames? I find the easiest and most powerful frame to be Arsenal at the moment.

Digital_Jesus posted:

Each city needs some kind of a teleport between major hubs option... unless I'm missing something? The Dropships are horrible and it feels like waiting for the loving zepplin in vanilla WoW all over again.

Agreed, dropships are absolute poo poo. Half the time I just clip through or bug out of them too.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Digital_Jesus posted:

Also are you playing this now because I might be willing to suicide pact on very fiscally irresponsible red bean purchases....

I'm still playing GW2 primarily but this is an awesome fun casual sidegame in small doses, add me to your buddy list so I can thump you :swoon:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Scags posted:

Ahh I thought the bastion got the Heavy and the Multi Turret. I was excited about having four. Three is still good though. Thanks for the info. I'll buy some beans.

You can equip Accord base frame abilities on advanced frames, so Bastion can indeed have heavy turret + multi turret at the same time.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Inimicul posted:

Yeah. That makes having 3 heavy turrets and 6 multi turrets easy to get with not a ton of money invested. You can push that up to 4 heavy and 7 multi turrets if you are quite wealthy or get super lucky with drops / market but you'll spend the entire time micro managing replacing turrets. You won't have time to shoot anything or pick up all the sweet sweet drops your turrets will be giving you.

On the other hand it makes thumpers incredibly easy!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Apple Craft posted:

2) Accents. Half the characters in the game are trying to sound like they are from Texas, which is loving dumb because not everyone from the South sounds like that. Borderlands already has that cliche covered. The other half sound like they can barely speak English in the first place.

As a non-American, their accents don't bother me because it's exactly how I picture everyone from Texas or your southern areas :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Apple Craft posted:

Hardly anyone I have ever met in my life talks like that. And yes, as hard as it is to believe, southern states actually do have running water, electricity, indoor plumbing, belt buckles that are smaller than a person's head, and transportation that doesn't require a stable in the back yard.

I don't believe you, everything I know and think about Texas is what I see in western movies. You guys all get around via horses and have sixshooter showdowns in front of the saloon with tumbleweeds blowing, right?

• Locked thread