Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Going well so far... Averaging $105 per markfounder.

Also, this guy's tattoo looks really familiar, but I can't place it. Is it an "homage", or just super generic?

EDIT: So far the forums are pretty awesome. Will the WoL be staking their claim as the first TV clan?

OB_Juan fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Sep 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Thank you.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

DonationsPledges continue to roll in. Averaging $109. drat.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Which of you is TrannyFan on the AUTE forum?

Because that name is perfect.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Hmm, total theftpledges continue to rise, but $-per-pledge dropped to below $100 each...

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Wasn't Role Warfare one of the design pillars? It's been like two years, so I can't really remember anymore.

Down to an average of $92 per love gift.

armchairyoda posted:

There must be at least one other PGI dev that's a goon.

How else could F4 get bound to toggle 3rd person?
I thought one of the devs did it as a joke.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I found an article about them!

1) Mech Warfare - Okay, fine yeah.

2) Information Warfare - Let's say ECM, UAVs and a little scouting satisfies this. An argument could be made that VOIP should be included, but close enough.

3) Role Warfare - If this had been satisfied, they wouldn't really need the 3/3/3/3 limits in the matchmaker, right? Because all classes of mech would have something interesting to do.

4) Community Warfare - If you count the forums, this is actually more complete than Role Warfare :v:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Paramemetic posted:

Haaahahahahahaaaaa their community warfare persistent universe whatever is going to be instanced drops that obligate people to literally sit on their rear end and wait for someone to attack a planet so they can jump in on defense, because if they are, say, in a game when their poo poo gets attacked then pubs will fill it from a pub faction queue. Presumably if nobody attacks, or if everyone online at a time is attacking, the game just stops and nobody does anything because matchmaking balance.

This fuckin' game.

That's pretty much what MPBT3025 had (although not quite as well thought out, but :pgi: )

The part I like is that you have to pick "Clan" or "IS". Clan players can only use Clan mechs. To fill out your "drop deck", you need to own one Clan mech of each weight class. To use them to their best potential, you'll need to buy three of each of those. Twelve Clan mechs.

That is a non-trivial grind / buy-in.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
So Paul makes a thread for his Emergency CW Vision, and asking for questions/comments. An hour and a half goes by, questions and comments are made. No :pgi: response. Excellent.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

aniviron posted:

Hi, I'm aniviron of the same name from the MWO forums! I used to be a lot more prolific there. PoptartsNinja was kind enough to offer me an account here so I would have a better place to discuss robots of all shapes and stompinesses.

I look forward to watching the latest PR disaster from a safe distance with you all.

Yo! Welcome to the tire fire!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Ranzear posted:

*Dangle dangle, jingle jingle*

I do that poo poo for fun. Anyone wanna throw a couple million dollars at that?

Purple Team, all day.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Ranzear posted:

The expansion teams have some snowball mechanics that might not work in the original basis, and that's why they're set aside.

But yeah, they're totally the Junkions.

But can I be a Purple Founder?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Ranzear posted:

Let me get my HTML5 Tanarus re-imagining out of the way over the next few months (relevance: Slots and tonnage system, with all the interesting features and balance you might ask of MWO.) and we'll see if I don't fire up UE4 again.

Okay, talk to you in three months.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Looks like Paul is responding to questions in the CW feedback thread.

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/170755-community-warfare-phase-2-feedback/page__st__140

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Following along the thread, it appears that Paul's intent is to launch CW as Clan vs IS only, with a future goal of working in IS and Clan internal fights. I'm not sure that will be a popular plan.

:pgi:Paul posted:

Incomplete Drop Decks will not be allowed, however when Phase 2 goes live, Clans should have a full stable of trial 'Mechs available.

This is something else we've been talking about and a reward structure will be defined in a future post. Currently the plan is to just focus on the fight between IS and Clan and have the IS map change as the war rages on. Faction rewards, as I said, are still on the drawing board at this moment but it is something we're interested in doing.

OB_Juan fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Sep 11, 2014

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Ranzear posted:

and a disconnected player can have someone sub in mid-game but they're still stuck with the same blueprints.

So, Ghost Pilots?

Gihzmo posted:

What about logistics? Repair and rearm?

Will you just throw infinite free mechs at a planet to take it? Will there be no supply chain or jumpship requirements to bring up replacements?

Will you have any of these types of systems in?

Phase 2 will not include logistics. The amount of development for logistics is just too big in scope to get into Phase 2. This has always been something we've wanted to do. Bryan even talked about it at the Launch Event. We know the fun factor that would come with logistical Unit management but we cannot put this in right at the moment. It it scrapped and completely off the table? Not in the slightest. We just want to make sure the core of the Inner Sphere vs the Clans was in place first before scoping out features like logistics.

So, Repair and Rearm may make a come back.

OB_Juan fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Sep 11, 2014

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
:siren: :pgi: :siren:

Community Warfare is basically straight up IS vs Clan.

Asmudius Heng posted:

Did i read correctly that there is not IS vs IS right now?

So what do Liao do? they are not on the clan border?

:pgi:Russ posted:

No we haven't said that, true it is the clan invasion. But yes this whole system will allow us to have IS vs IS battles.

Asmudius Heng posted:

Thanks, Russ - Paul did nto communicate that clearly he said IS vs IS and Clan vs Clan would come later ... i assume he meant clan vs clan only?

In any case i figured you had to have IS vs IS

:pgi:Russ posted:

We'll it's true the clan invasion is the priority.

Later in this case wouldn't mean very long at all and POSSIBLY at the same time. Paul and I can discuss tomorrow.

:siren: :pgi: :siren:

Also, dropship mode is a maybe for later.

Okay folks... sorry but I have to pass out.. it's hour 14 of working on MWO and day 4 of 12+ hours. I need to pass out or my answers are going to go reallly whacky. Again, Niko and the CSR teams will help me compile a list of your questions which will be better answered as 1 big question/answer post than this 1 by 1 approach.

Keep asking your questions, they will be addressed next CW update in 2 weeks time.

So, Niko is still planned to Be Around. Looks like two weeks until any more CW questions get answered, but this thread is where they should be asked.

Oh, and:

EDIT:

So, it looks like attacking teams are always 12-pilot premades (Clan OR IS), where defending teams are "However many members of the unit defending the planet can be collected in two minutes, and enough pugs to fill out the roster". It seems like offense is where it will be at, especially in the case of a large, organized group that does not mind splitting into smaller units on paper.

OB_Juan fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Sep 11, 2014

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
One last thing worth quoting from this thread:

Image saved for future (Dec 22) hilarity.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
You've gotta figure it's done or nearly done for him to say that today, with all that's been going on in the last 48 hours, right?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Fil5000 posted:

A reminder that they HAVE actually been hitting their self declared deadlines this year. They've not delivered a shitload of stuff, but anything they've put a date on has actually shown up on time. I'm as sceptical as the next man, but I don't think they'd be saying December 21st if they weren't drat sure they were going to deliver this stuff by that date.

I'm going with "wait and see" on this. I am heavily skeptical, but will keep it to myself until 12/21.

To the extent that any of this can be believed, though... I guess there's really no reason to buy clan 'mechs if you are sure you're going IS.

Propagandist posted:

I don't get what the hype is. All it's going to be is "hey if your side wins more matches than the other side, this square turns from red to green, mission accomplished".

Honestly, the color-changing squares minigame is more interesting to me than the robbit-SMASH actual game. I'm not sure if that says more about me or the state of MWO.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
But can you spin the map?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Apparently, they plan to nerf the Clan 'mechs a bit, and buff the IS 'mechs a bit.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
He should charge them about $5000, or the entire take of Transverse.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
My favorite part of the "Hey guys we totally have a plan for CW" thread was Russ and Paul disagreeing on if Clans can fight Clans, and IS can fight IS. Two years in, totally have been planning CW from the beginning, and one of the most basic questions asked got opposing answers. :pgi:

Edit:

OB_Juan fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Sep 11, 2014

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Chronojam posted:

Where's this from? During the Russcast just like three days ago, he said he was taking over from Paul, and wanted to leave clan weapon balance "where it is" with "no nerfs."

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/169895-clan-balance-update/

It looks like they like where the weapons are, and are looking into changing the chassis themselves.

The "destroyed side torso = extra heat" thing actually seems good, so I'm sure they will decide against it.

OB_Juan fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Sep 11, 2014

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

WarLocke posted:

They should have come up with their own weapon damage to armor values to begin with.

Eh, even if they were going to immediately change them, having the initial build use the Battletech values wasn't a bad idea. But they should have changed them considerably during open beta. That way they could tell the grogs "Welp, we tried the cannon values, but they just don't work in a vidya game", and also have reasonable damage values.

Realistically medium lasers and Clan LRMs have been out of balance since 1984 and 1990.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Q_res posted:

Not gone, they hid it in K-town.

I'd ask how that could possibly be a good idea, but then "niko.txt".

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
:siren: :pgi: :siren: What's this? Transverse is evolving!

Transverse learned "Countdown"!

Transverse forgot "Credibility"!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I like that he mentioned "Those who wish to keep discussing Reddit can do so in one of the threads in Kaetetoa.". Hey guys! You can keep telling me that you are angry about the lack of communication, but you'll have to do it in the garbage can!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
If anyone is interested in asking :pgi: anything in their first t-verse community show: https://transversegame.com/community/discussion/170/taking-questions-for-our-inaugural-community-show

Chronojam posted:

Our three year sleeper agent plan to undermine MWO is uncovered by forum superstar Bishop Steiner, #2 by postcount on their forum.
:master:

OB_Juan fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Sep 12, 2014

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
You're probably right. Looks like Transverse Forums User Greydog has asked the big question anyway:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
In about the same timeframe, this has raised more than Transverse.

Of course, their website looks like less of a shitshow, so there's that...

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
http://mwomercs.com/news/2014/09/949-kill-dev-weekend

Maybe :pgi: is giving the players a chance to vent?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

A.o.D. posted:

MW4 runs like crap on my computer and I have no idea why.

500 mc isn't enough to even buy loving PAINT.

https://mwomercs.com/news/2014/09/948-true-colors-sale

Paint's on sale this weekend! :pgi:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Niko only gets to pilot a metal babby, stock build.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Fil5000 posted:

Yeah, and I guess we can either poo poo all over it or get in on it.

I'd be down for getting in on it.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I'm going to try and stay constructive.

To rebalance ecm, wouldn't that also include rebalancing command consoles, bap, and uavs as well?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
It seems like we are going to run into scope problems with this, in that we may also end up inventing role warfare.

As for c3, by the time we get done with that, clanners won't be ableto share target info, which could be interesting, but seems off. Unless things work differently in CW matches and random slapfights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Do people hate Stalker? He seems pretty handy with this stuff.

• Locked thread