Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

100 MOB PSYCHO

From the man who brought you ONE PUNCH MAN and by association its EXTREMELY GORGEOUS REDRAWN VERSION comes 100 MOB PSYCHO. We decided to make it its own thread so that people could find it without risking spoilers for Onepunch-Man if they want to stick to Murata's extremely gorgeous redrawn version.

What the gently caress is this ugly rear end thing you may be asking. It's great is what it is. ONE's art leaves something to be desired but his characters are top notch. 100 Mob Psycho is the story of the titular Mob, AKA Shigeo, a psychically gifted boy in the springtime of his youth as he battles weird monsters and weird jerks alike. Mostly weird jerks.

IMPORTANT CHARACTERS

MOB aka SHIGEO

TSUBOMI, a girl that Mob has a crush on.

The TELEPATHY CLUB, a group of students who seek to gain the powers of telepathy.

REIGEN, Mob's mentor/employer, AKA the best drat character in the series

Evil spirit CEILING CHALLENGER! Who is he? What does he want?

Read it on Kissmanga or Batoto or whatever reader you prefer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

We made a conscious decision to exclude those guys from the OP so they can be a surprise actually :v:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Terror Sweat posted:

Mob has better bros, so it is better

Mob has Reigen, Mob is better. QED

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Fellis posted:

Being good at composition does not mean his art is good. Saying it is perfect for this series is really weird too, like you are reaching for some way to defend it but can't.

Look it's still better than the end of Greed Island :v:

Basically I disagree when people say it's god-awful, The Worst. I mean you can see what's going on, I'd say it's mediocre.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

All SORTS of emotions Mob hasn't felt yet :ohdear:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Reigen status: Still a cool guy.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Nah he's having some sort of out of body or some other very major thing. He's ordinarily way too strong for Dimple to possess, even if he's totally unconscious.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I think ONE is just feeling super dramatic because both series are extra :f5: right now.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

and a link

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I did wonder when he'd appear again.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

It's everything I could hope for :allears:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I was gonna say 100% Empathy

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Good omakes as usual.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Holy poo poo :stare:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Reigen has saved the world by saving a single child from himself. A truly efficient hero.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

what the gently caress do we all have against linking :argh:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

HenryEx posted:

Seems like a bad matchup. Saitama and Reigen would probably not even notice each other. Saitama is perpetually broke and has no "problems" to solve, so not very attractive to Reigen. Reigen is just some mystic quack to Saitama.
On the other side, Mob is not the type to get freaked out by Tatsumaki's brattyness or power, and Tatsumaki isn't insecure enough so see him as a threat to her pride or whatever to tease something out of him.

Now, Saitama + Mob casually braving the most ludicrous accidents / badguys just crossing their path to the nearest ice cream shop, or seeing what Reigen comes up with for his new "exchange student" Tatsumaki could be interesting.

Dimple and Saitama though

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

They're both excellent and we should not fight :colbert:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

This better not be Dimple even if it's exactly what he has always wanted to do.

Hell, BECAUSE it's exactly what he has always wanted to do.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

From the anime thread:

Xinder posted:

Having not read it, my prediction is (spoiling in the very unlikely case that i am correct) that they were expecting the leader for some reason and that nobody there has actually seen the leader. So when Reigen shows up at the perfect time, they all just assumed he's the leader and he rolls with it.

:allears:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

At last, Reigen Arataka 1000% happened

and it was good

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

mabels big day posted:

Dimple has no real plan, this is an act of desperation trying to cling to his old dream of being God, and also he's probably not fully in control because he's saying the broccoli has gained a will of its own. He's probably helplessly stuck inside of it or something.

Yeah that's what I've been thinking for a while.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Bernardo Orel posted:

This is a cooking manga.

well SOMEBODY has to step up now that Toriko is over

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Mob is super innocent still so it's 100% SURPRISE

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I don't think Dimple was ever really evil. Like he wants to be a god but he wants to be a god who is nice to his followers and makes them happy, he just has questionable ways of attaining his goal. Buuuut "well-intentioned yet unscrupulous spirit" doesn't have the same ring to it, you know?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

:kimchi: and :unsmith:, simultaneously

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Mulva posted:

Don't compare Doug to Naruto.

Don't compare anything to Naruto.

what about bleach

can i compare bleach to naruto

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Unexpected to say the least.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

chiasaur11 posted:

What if your hero is Arataka Reigen, the psychic star of the 21st century?

Also don't meet him because he'll crush your dreams with well-intended, correct advice.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Chapter 99.01: Mob

IT'S

HAPPENING

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

:ohdear:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Oh come on his name isn't hanazawis

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

The whole series is just about growing up/being a person is really difficult and confusing but you can't just shut down, you have to keep moving.

Reigen Arataka: World's Greatest Psychic (Self Proclaimed), World's Greatest Dad (Confirmed)

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Zinkraptor posted:

I dunno I just play it safe it spoilers. I don't know what the general spoiler policy is here, and sometimes theories can be considered spoilers because they give away some things that didn't happen in the latest chapter(s). I have had someone get mad at me about this before when I mentioned that I thought that a character in another thing was still secretly alive (because, you see, that spoiled the fact that they didnt come back in the most recent thing)

To be fair, basically nobody agreed with them, but I just don't want to deal with spoiler drama.

Edit: that said, I know I'm probably getting obnoxious so I'll shut up about my theories and such for now.

It's fine that you are considerate and all but you don't need to spoil your weird theorycrafting

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Actually if they just hire Chris Pratt they might be able to nail Reigen being the most affable man alive which is Extremely Important to the story

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I say we BAN Reigen

Because he's so far and away the best boy, no one can compare. It's unfair to the competition.

Best Boy Lifetime Achievement Award

He will accept it and withdraw from future rankings because he understands that young people are inherently mixed up and you have to help them through that.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

:kimchi:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Hell loving yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007