Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
Can't wait to stomp all over the multiplayer with you guys. Coming from 360, excited to play through this blind for the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
Played through about half the game so far, and I am loving it. The multiplayer is also a lot of fun, but I am awful. It is really hard to play when your teammates won't communicate, so it will be nice to group up this weekend and stomp them.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
About to play some multiplayer. Feel free to add me and hop in my party for shooting dudes and crouch walking a lot.

Username is NO_GRANDMA_NO

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

Synathaesia posted:

Playing with him - could use more people for pub stomping.

Still have one more spot if anyone wants in!

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
Really fun games tonight, guys. Think we were all starting to get the hang of things there towards the end. I will probably have a party up again tomorrow and/or Sunday, so look out for it.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
Hopping on to play some MP. Add NO_GRANDMA_NO and hop in the party if you want an invite.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

Apache Chief posted:

down for this in the next 30 if people stick around

We could really use your tenacity out there tonight, Chief.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
Eight man goon private matches own. Bows only owns. Punching only owns.

That was fun as poo poo guys. Glad we found a way to work around the four person limit for matchmaking parties.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

Apache Chief posted:

If we ever want to do that, then split in to two parties for *real* games, that is an idea.

We could probably just use the in game chat for that instead of all joining a party. Then we wouldn't have to shuffle around if teams changed.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

Fateo McMurray posted:

The one time I used gamechat it was all static and choppy. Switched to a party and it's crystal. Bad experience or is that how gamechat is?

I've never tried the gamechat since we have almost always been grouped up in matchmaking/private matches. When I haven't been in a group, nobody talks anyway, so it is hard to say.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
Getting on for more MP now. Party should be up in five or so minutes for anyone who wants to join in.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
The group of us that has been playing together the past weekend have a group message on PSN to alert people that parties are up more easily, so it might be helpful to get people added to that if they are interested in grouping up regularly. It is nice because it sends a notification to your phone if you have the PSN app (that can probably be disabled if it gets obnoxious).

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

Rasta_Al posted:

I know some others have been having issues with the matchmaking, but I haven't been able to play a single match since this came out. For people having issues, how long are you typically waiting to find matches? I've waited for upwards of 20 minutes with no success.

Sometimes it happens instantly. Sometimes it can take 30+ minutes.

The key, like Hamburlgar said, is to back out and retry if it doesn't find you a match within a couple minutes.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
I think I am going through withdrawals after not getting to play any multiplayer since Sunday night. Should hopefully get to play some this evening, though. Had just stabilized my clan after the huge losing streak we went on Saturday night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

NESguerilla posted:

Just a random thought, but did anyone else find Joel's aging a bit weird? He's probably around 40 in the prologue and after 20 years he just looks a little more haggard and has some gray in his hair.

He was in his late 20s in the prologue. Late 40s in the game.

• Locked thread