Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I work in a very quiet clinic and sometimes it may take hours for new patients to appear to the worklist. Does anyone know about some software which checks a specific screen area for average pixel value changes or something? And then gives an alert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Well at least I have all the time in the world to implement it myself :v: I should probably start to write a book too to kill the time.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Help. I'm at university, so not really a work related thing. But we have a course on data structures and algorithms, and about halfway into the course a guy asks on what to do with an exercise. The exercise provided some test functions to ease testing of your code, and premade classes where you have to implement some methods.

When the program is run, it prints:
code:
test_function is required
Run with --help for more information.
The dude literally doesn't understand what he has to do. He does not understand what the program is trying to say to him - run it with a --help commandline argument. I tried to explain to him what commandline arguments are. Then I tried to explain the concept of commandline. I gave up at the stage when I realized he doesn't understand at all what he is doing. He justs presses the green "play" button in IDE and magic happens.

Previous courses have definitely taught about what are compiled languages, what are executables, how commandline parameters work. I have no idea about how the guy has survived this far.

I haven't been this baffled in a very long time :allbuttons:

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

kuarduck posted:

Yeah, that's your new "Senior" or "Team Lead"

Thanks, I hate the very idea already.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

wtf, Teams screenshare has always worked flawlessly for me, what have you/your org done

Teams screen sharing crashes silently if you have a Hdr monitor and want to use its capabilities. I have to manually disable hdr every time I share my screen.