Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
While we're talking about white self-taught dudes posting endless :words: of weird racist philosophy, let's pour one out for the demise of Time Cube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Curvature of Earth posted:

From the homepage of Racial Holy War's hosting site:

Par for the course.

Requisite batshit slogan:

:psyduck:

That's a reference to the Rotherham child abuse scandal, where local authorities claimed that they failed to address a large Pakistani paedophile ring due (in part) to concerns over racial sensitivity. I should probably mention, though, that this turned out to be something of an excuse to cover up collaboration between the authorities and the gang, because the British government has rarely met a child abuse case they didn't want to get in on at the ground floor.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

hirvox posted:

This message has been in the zombie genre from the beginning. In Night of the Living Dead, Ben, the black protagonist, is "mistaken" for a zombie by the white posse.

Right, but NOTLD presented that as a bad thing, not a regrettably necessary one.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Woolie Wool posted:

Well this is all a big untested hypothesis so I could very well be talking out of my rear end. :shobon:

I've thought of playing Spec Ops for myself, but I've read so many of the articles and seen so many videos about it, I feel like it's already ruined for me. When you already know all the important plot twists and the central message, what's the point? :effort:

It's a pretty remarkable, evocative work of art, with a rad soundtrack and an amazing nightmarescape of a setting. Playing it is the sort of visceral experience that isn't easily replicated, despite how mechanically standard a third-person shooter it is (still, that execution mechanic and the way you're coaxed into it :stare:).

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Control Volume posted:

its time for someone to tell the epic saga of the real intellectual battlegrounds of the 21st century, the hugo awards

For anyone who hasn't read it yet, this is a pretty solid summary of the whole sordid affair.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

SIGSEGV posted:

I can't really parse this as anything but hilarious. I mean, he's clearly bugfuck crazy but it's just hilarious.

The guy's a violent serial rapist who literally publishes guides based off his experiences. His ranting would be a lot funnier if he didn't keep putting it into practice.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Night10194 posted:

"Suppose our king was greedy! He'd obviously take long-term policies to rationally maximize long-term gain."

That's not how greed works. Even assuming stupid poo poo like the Laffer Curve would work out. I think this person talking about how absolute monarchy and ultimate power actually make for good governance may have rather ill considered opinions! :downs:

Even speaking rationally, it's important to remember that people live for a finite space of time and national policy takes a while to have a visible effect (although I can see how techno-utopians might have difficulties with that bit). That's what means a quick, country-wrecking smash-and-grab that'll let you live out the rest of your life in luxury is a sensible decision if you're a sufficiently empathy-devoid hedonist. Maximum pleasure, minimum amount of work.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Monocled Falcon posted:

Has captain america ever been in a good video game?

The Marvel: Ultimate Alliance games were a little rough around the edges, but I liked them.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Poe's Law, I know, but that one looked like a troll to me.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Kit Walker posted:

Yeah I'm pretty sure he's trolling. He's basically doing the "I agree with what you're saying, but I don't think it goes far enough, so I think we should do this other even more extreme and logically consistent thing that would gently caress all of you over" thing.

Also, he was getting a bit OTT about those glorious white women. Actual white supremacists don't do that much, AFAIK - 'white woman' is already one of the highest compliments they can pay, so much else would be redundant.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Remind me, where was that thing with Anissimov acknowledging that he was an untermensch on the eugenics cutlist again?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Race Realists posted:

I told him to get his A in the class and get the gently caress out of there

Not that I'm blaming you for your brother's insane professor, but this is a pretty amazing username-post combo.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Woolie Wool posted:

Both the gun nuts and some of the posters here are asking the wrong question. The question is not whether the Real Americans can Take Their Country Back, it's whether a crazy right-wing insurgency could render the United States an ungovernable failed state. That would be the outcome of a "successful" attempt at "CW2"--not some fascist's utopia, but a violence-ridden hellhole where rule of law has collapsed and warlordism runs rampant. You'll still have to pay your taxes, but you'll pay them to Lord Humongous and his men will break your legs and enslave your children if you don't pay.

... that's not a fascist utopia?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Political correctness being dumb is not a particularly GG position to take.

Given that 'political correctness gone mad' tends to translate as 'why are all these women and brown folks here, and why are we supposed to pretend they're people?', the overlaps with Gamergate and its crusade against any game not exclusively marketed to straight white men seem obvious.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

You realise that one of the key boards co-ordinating GG was /pol/, right? Full name, /politicallyincorrect/? This seems like a strange hill to die on.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Hey, the Native American werewolf gets to gently caress their freakish mutant kid.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ArchangeI posted:

So the forces of cultural marxism control the de facto knowledge base of the internet, the entire education sector, the military and most popular media. The stalwart defenders of western civilization are offering dodged resistance in the fields of angry internet atheism as well as My Little Pony, with heavy fighting in the realm of video gaming.

Clearly, the SJWs are on their last legs. One good push will end it! Onwards to Berlin!

To the Urals, surely? :godwinning:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So what's the lowdown on Sargon of Akkad (the YouTube personality, not the historical figure)? I know he's associated with these jokers, particularly Aurini, but you folks got anything specific on his opinions et cetera? I'd look myself, but it's all hours-long videos and gently caress that.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Cingulate posted:

How does it impact on his general cosmic-horror stories? I haven't read Lovecraft in a while, but I don't remember racism actually being especially present in a majority of his stories, considering they often don't feature any humans at all.

Two of his most famous, The Call of Cthulhu and The Shadow Over Innsmouth, are all about dat racism. At The Mountains of Madness is a grey area, depending on how you interpret the relationship between the Elder Things and shoggoths, and The Colour Out of Space (his best work, IMO) is pretty much devoid of it. Lovecraft could write non-racist stuff sometimes - it's not quite as hard to untangle as, say, Robert Howard's stories.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Nessus posted:

There's definitely right-wing stuff, some zombie series actually got censored because it went from "right wing cranks' armories are our best hope of getting guns to fight the zombie apocalypse!" to "actually, they have a lot of good points regarding our innocence of war crimes." But there is also a lot of anti-war stuff from what I've gathered. Most every Gundam other than the one with the Tequila Gundam attempts to show how war is hell.

Even the one with the Tequila Gundam covered that. There was a lot of stuff about how the Gundam Fights were an alternative to the horrors of war, but were still causing an unacceptable amount of civilian casualties and environmental damage. Hell, it was basically a good chunk of the plot.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Anticheese posted:

Wtf is a "futarchist"?

Someone who believes we should be ruled by girls with gigantic, veiny penises.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, pretty sure that was an extended joke comparing organised religion to Nazism, saying that no matter how much you paper over something hideous and try to present it as a beneficial force, the old horrible bits still shine through. Which is pretty tasteless in its own right, but it's not actually saying we should asset-strip the Nazi ideology.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

John Big Booty posted:

Said no one who has ever actually read the loving thing.

I'm pretty sure that's :thejoke:, yes. It's a slam on the Bible. So kinda dickish and ignorant, but not in that way.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Sweet mother of god, that guy's tumblr. :stonklol:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Cingulate posted:

I'm not the kind of guy to have exciting leather sex, but isn't not having safe words really bad and basically doing it wrong?

Apparently, there's some BDSM subcultures where it's not a thing, and there's much more pressure on the dom rather than the sub to keep things safe and fun.

I'm 100% sure that's not why this guy is objecting, though.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Peztopiary posted:

traditional/stereotypical masculinity is intensely homoerotic, it's just that previously pointing that out got you beaten up

No poo poo. Just look at all those dudes hyping the Spartans as their paragons of manliness.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

GoneWithTheTornado posted:

The Force Awakens totally did not have a white dude who is an incredible badass and considered the best pilot of the resistance.

True. Oscar Isaac is Hispanic. Guatemalan-American, specifically.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

BobHoward posted:

Steve Stirling's protestations about not sharing opinions with his fictional aryan supermen race are... well, "hollow" might be going too far, but I've seen him pushing horrible far right wing opinions in various internet places, dating back to Usenet (specifically, rasfw). I never did get around to reading any of the Draka books, even though I've got at least one on my shelves, and that's partially because after buying one based on a recommendation the author kinda turned me off being interested in finding out what's inside. (and that was at a time in my life when I was waaay more sympathetic to right wing politics)

The guy is loving notorious as an internet presence. I've lost count of the SF/F comment sections he's shown up in out of nowhere and been banned from.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I hate the word "purge" to mean "facing very mild repercussions for things I say in public". I have never purged anyone, and no one will ever purge me.

Decided against that all-bran diet, then?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
It should be noted that MGTOWs have given up on relationships, not sex. So their thing is being really awful to prostitutes.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
PYF Dark Enlightenment Thinker: Roko's Postmodern Lives

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Count Chocula posted:

"Sleep, that little cousin of death. How I loathe it!" - Edgar Allan Poe

I'm cool with sleeping now but it used to terrify me. There's probably some stupid Silicon Valley invention to remove it, like Soylent promises for food.

Have you talked to a therapist? Because I really feel you might wanna talk to a therapist.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Zemyla posted:

Is "pathological altruism" a thing outside of dumbass objectivists who inherently feel all altruism is pathological?

It shows up in their visual novels. That is sufficient.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Terrible Opinions posted:

There are a lot of gay guys among the alt right.

Remind me, who was that guy who advocated that massively homophobic gay-separatist ideology based on the (heavily fictionalised) example of the Spartans?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Who What Now posted:

That reads like distilled schizophrenia.

It's a parody, but it's remarkably close to the real thing.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Jack Gladney posted:

What do women have to do with the government? Does that guy just live in super-poverty because he hates taxes?

Again, it's a parody (Private Eye is a satirical paper - kind of like the Onion, but with actual serious political coverage), but the rugged, chaste independence fetishised by MenGoingTheirOwnWay gels very well with libertarian ideology. Plus, they think they're living in an oppressive matriarchy, which would logically make the government part of that.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Cingulate posted:

That's not what hypergamy means :arghfist::science:

Have no fear, when I threatened to beat up your mum, I was in fact just joshing.

It's what hypergamy means to anyone who actually uses the word 'hypergamy' in conversation. Seriously, try Googling it.

To be honest, it's not vastly separate from the dictionary definition (the act of marrying someone of a higher social status). You know, by Internet hate group standards. It's just a very cynical interpretation.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Annointed posted:

Still don't get it. Other than old man being edgy and insulting kid but I don't get it beyond that.

It's a version of a tweet by dril, who does a load of 140-character sendup of a certain kind of self-important, faux-profound Internet moron. Here, he's parodying some of the dumber moral-relativist posts you see floating around the tubes.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Heath posted:

I have never understood this weird marriage of eugenics and miscegenation being a bad thing. It seems like in order to make a stronger race you would want to crossbreed diverse populations as much as possible.

Your definition of 'stronger' is a little off from theirs. Eugenicists are traditionally all about treating humans like pedigree dogs, locating traits they deem beneficial and then trying to emphasise those as hard as they can by breeding in a really narrow gene-pool, with zero regard for any hideous genetic disorders that might show up along the way because they now have a strain with jaw-muscles strong enough to cleanly bite off someone's face and that, in their opinion, is rad.

Basically, it's best to hope a hardcore eugenicist doesn't have siblings. Or worse, children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Now pause and remember that this ridiculous, posturing goober has actual political influence, and has used it to seriously hurt people.

That's the scary bit.