Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
This is for you Evelyn Nesbit, sorry it took me months. 11pm is the perfect time to get intoxicated, vaguely clean up the hobobeard and take a lovely selfie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Hi pretty girl and cute cat. You are both pretty and/or cute. Nice boobs, too. She made me post this, I'm not being creepy just to be creepy, I'm being creepy on a mission.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Absurd Alhazred posted:

You're on a mission from Gawd?

Evelyn Nesbit would probably be pretty happy if I decided she was my new God.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Evelyn Nesbit, this one's for you:

I am still trying to figure out ponytails. And that is a massive widow's peak. I am not going bald.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

Stop blaming your murdery selfies on me.

But you are my muse.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Feel amazingly awful today.
Me and the new bruise.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

gnarlyhotep posted:

Do we want to know how the new bruise happened?

(make sure to be specific so Minimalist Program can take inventory)

I woke up in the middle of the night, did not realize I had been sleeping with my left hip out of socket or that doing so had pinched a nerve. Stood up, fell down, smashed my tailbone against the floor, and my head against the bed frame. Got the bruise when I fell down again after forgetting I was still missing a decent chunk of feeling in that leg, and also twisted my ankle in the process. Fall #3 was only another blow to the head and a doorknob meeting my back on the left side somewhere mid-spine because I woke up and forgot about the messed up leg. Needless to say, I finally stopped being an idiot and pulled out my cane.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Rondette posted:

10 years between. Cat didn't really want to play today!

You got prettier and the kitty got less cute but more handsome.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Teagan posted:

I bought a new wig... six new wigs. Whenever I get pissed, I shave my head. So, in the spirit of saving my growing hair, I provided some anger choices

You are rocking that wig and the lipstick is on point. Nice work.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Be kind to me folks, these pics were taken about 3 days ago and I'm still paying for them with all sorts of extra pain. Anyway, last Wednesday I dragged my crippled rear end down the stairs, and then the whole 30-45sec walk to the pond to do some fishing with a couple of friends. We figured that me outside and doing something was a remarkable enough occurrence that it may as well be recorded.

And since people seem to like pet pics, here is "Ghost," my Procambarus clarkii var. "Ghost":

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Your tattoos are awesome.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I shaved off the awful hobo-beard, the only thing that was really making me keep it was how gloriously awful it was. Anyway, I've been awake for 30ish hours, so I look great. Selfie time!

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Thirty hours awake selfie, like seriously, gently caress insomnia:

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Holy poo poo you guy and gals! I've been chatting with Teagen, and I might be the only person on earth who can judge her and you have NO loving IDEA how super amazing she is. She is a fuckin' saint. I love her. There, I said it.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

whiteyfats posted:

I judge every goon. :colbert:

When it comes to me and Teagan, you ain't got a clue. We are so broken you can't even imagine. Check out this post by me, know that I judge Teagan as a peer, and prepare to understand disability like never before. She is loving amazing.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2182661&pagenumber=3#post468432861

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

It's nice to be this hosed up and actually be able to help someone else that I respect.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

[disabled, sorry for no caps]
it's more what you've been through. you are one hell of a survivor. you amaze me in terms of medical poo poo and that is super hard.

this is the pics thread, so here is me and two of my babies. i'm gonna donate 12" of hair to charity soon, so i may as well do this now. i'll get someone else to take pics of the tattoos. they are all unique and all blackwork. i suck at pics and i'm home alone

i can't get this one to resize (procambarus clarkii var. "ghost"):
http://l.imgur.com/4dZqvfT.jpg

Desert Bus has a new favorite as of 18:59 on Jan 17, 2017

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

syscall girl posted:

Oh EDS. That's a bitch kitty.

My knees are way out of line. Well one is the one that didn't get surgery and is in full fall apart mode lately.

I don't even want to know about the other stuff in that syndrome. My surgeon was just passing through as I was getting dressings removed with a bunch of scrubs and she asks me to bend my thumb back to touch my forearm and i'm like sure. They all took notes on their clip boards.

STOP GETTING SURGERY
unless you need it to maintain life, don't do it.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Do you have a pet lobster? That's great! Like a French eccentric.

No. It's a rare crayfish. About 4" long now. Missing the long antenna, but those will come back over the years. Probably worth about $150 now, should be a lot more after the next molt. I am a USA eccentric.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

syscall girl posted:

The patella realignment on my right leg went super well but I asked her not to do the left. I was afraid of being hobbled by two hosed up legs but she went in with laser precision and I could walk on it that evening.

Left patella went out while I was jogging a couple years back and it hasn't really come back.

I think she was right.

Oh, thank god, you have a surgeon who is good with Hyper-Mobility. That's very very good.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

whiteyfats posted:

This may be controversial, but I think crawfish taste better than lobster. :iiam:

Agree. gonna wait for this guy to mature, then stop feeding fish food for awhile so it doesn't taste like fish food and then eat it and post video to YouTube for all the Invert lovers to watch.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

syscall girl posted:

Yeah she's worked on the US Olympic Ski team. She's pretty good.

She probably knows my EDS doc.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Picnic Princess posted:

Part of my finger might fall off after all, but that's okay. I'm really interested to see how this is going to scar.

Nice big fuckoff scars are proof of life! Rejoice!

Teagan posted:

I am going to have to Really step-up my injury game now.

ten years tomorrow. I think tomorrow will bring lots of scotch, and possibly a hammer to smash stuff I have been saving for just that day.

You look a lot better now. I can't stop looking at your hair. It's pretty awful. Your ex hosed up good. you got way hotter, there is no other way to say it.

Desert Bus has a new favorite as of 03:08 on Feb 23, 2017

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Hard no. posted:

I am no bird

(wish I had a bird)

How areya doin' there, Hard no.?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Hard no. posted:

Good n' you?

Oh, not so bad.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Hard no. posted:

I accidentally kicked some kid's bag that was on the ground and he took a swing at me. Lousy loving swing, if you ask me, my temple is a bit swollen. I socked him in the solar plexus, called him a bitch in front of his friends and kept walking. Stupid people. I am just glad I wasn't wearing my glasses, I like them and don't want to break them. I was about to say "who punches people"... but I guess I punched him? so... what a sad little bruised eye. I should have let him have another shot.

Good job Head Wound Heather. At least it wasn't a car this time.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Picnic Princess posted:

Previous joke aside, I haven't gotten any creepy messages. Probably because they know I could track them down, feed them to bears, and not get caught. You don't mess with the wild people of the North.

I am disappointed with your characterization of our communications. I failed us both. I realize now I shouldn't have had any specific question or comment beyond "GOT NUDES???" I apologize.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Picnic Princess posted:

Your messages were cool. Not to worry!

Can you send bears this way anyway? Bears are cool.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

syscall girl posted:

I have a forums friend who PMs me interesting facts about EDS

I mean, I knew I had it but not how deep that rabbit hole goes

Collagen is loving EVERYWHERE. Fuckin' EDS.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Teagan posted:

That is my *american* bf that I convinced to do wholesome country things with me, like trespass and eat maplesyrup pie that we picked up at a bakery at an orchard in the mountains. Mostly trespassing though.

Your boyfriend might be the only guy ever to both "have a girlfriend in Canada" and actually have a girlfriend in Canada.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I'm bad at selfies, but since people are posting pets, I'm going to follow suit. This is Adora Belle, or as I call her, Dor:

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Absurd Alhazred posted:

She's really adorable! :3:

Thanks! She's not a lap cat or much of a cuddler, but she's not shy at all and will bother anyone she can for attention. Unfortunately her way of returning the favor is usually grabbing your hand with her paws, claws out, and then licking and chewing on your hand and wrist. If someone doesn't know her well enough to know what she's going to do they think they're about to get scratched and bitten. As long as you stay still and let her do her thing at worst you end up with a few small red marks from her teeth. Pull away before she's done and you get the claws.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

As usual my selfies came out awful, so here is my stand-in, Dor:

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Teagan posted:

She is beautiful and lovely, and sometimes a dick.

If she does not approve of someone new I should avoid them. She is right about this 100% of the time. Her dickishness is very useful sometimes.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Dixville posted:

I did rub her ears. She was a good little piggy. Her name is Iris.

I'm sorry to hear that. I had a couple of tough euthanasias this week so I can kind of relate. It was nice to just hold a little critter and pet her for a change instead of the usual poking and prodding I have to do to the animals.

Edit there was another piggy the next day with eye infections. Hopefully she will be feeling better soon with some antibiotic drops. This one was more feisty and didn't like being held
Edit 2 realized someone's personal info was on the last pic oooooops pls delete if you saw it

i am not a vet but I had to do a necropsy on a SUPER rare fish this week and it was cancer and I dunno how anyone works in the veterinary field you are super blessed.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Crab Dad posted:

Well what was the fish species? Can't just drop stuff like that.

Brachyrhamdia sp. BOLIVIA

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I just had to learn some basic Portuguese in order to talk to a person in a game I play and learning new languages is super awesome keep it up!

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I am house/cat sitting I love you all:

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I'm half frog lol

https://i.imgur.com/sL8xr4F.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

B33rChiller posted:

This made me giggle. Well done!

LOL I've never met anyone else who can voluntarily control that muscle. Main use? Telling small children i'm part frog.