Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Rhyno posted:

Time to buy a Camry.

I wish I was joking.

Here is a secret I learned from owning a lot of cars: They all break all the time even Camrys. Owning a fun one means you develop a stockholm syndrome that takes the edge off.

I LOVE BUYING BUSHINGS FOR MY AWESOME GERMAN CAR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

13 INCH DICK posted:

Thread incoming.

Please tell us you own the car on the left now. Please let it be true.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

BrokenKnucklez posted:

A Ferrari or something Italian. Before it catches fire its always being temperamental!

Those are flames of passion

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

atomicthumbs posted:

Are you sure? I thought he was supposed to buy a Volvo 240 wagon.

You must be thinking of a BMW E30, easy mistake.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

Holy poo poo the Meguiars headlight restoration kit is so fun to use. I'm sad I have no more headlights to restore.

This $1500 Corolla is starting to shape up:

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

NitroSpazzz posted:

Bender- the maguire kit does work great but most polishing compounds (even toothpaste) works just as well. I end up doing it a couple times a year on my cars and right before listing anything for sale

Oh absolutely. The Meguiars kit is nice though because it includes 1000 & 3000 grit sanding sponges and a nice drill mounted pad. Most importantly it comes with a UV protectant that will hopefully keep them looking fresh longer.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

mariooncrack posted:

My girlfriend needs a new ride and someone at work is selling a 2000 or 2001 Honda Accord SE with 127k miles for $3400. If I go look at it, is there anything that I should look for specifically? I've heard that the transmissions in these cars are ticking time bombs, can anyone chime in on that?

I believe it's 2000-2004 and it's not if, it's when for the autobox eating poo poo. However I think (look into this) it was only the V6 models doing it.

I did a bunch of research on it a while back when my brother fell in love with an 03' V6 on a test drive. I had to break his heart :(

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

My kid is three and recently asked me to hold his hand while in the tub. When I got close and held his hand he belted out a huge fart that erupted in my face and then laughed at me.

He is everything I wanted in a son.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

Holy poo poo what does it take for people to turn their lights on? I was in a thunderstorm on a six lane highway tonight and a black Ford Edge was almost complete invisible with their lights off. I flashed my brights at them from behind and when that didnt work, got in front of them and turned my tail lights on and off. This was the kind of rain where your windshield wipers are on full blast.

They pulled alongside me and I opened my window in the pouring rain and pointed at my headlights to the person in the passenger seat while flashing my brights. This just enraged them and they spent the next 5km or so behind me flashing their brights at me angrily. I got to my exit and just called the provincial police in frustration as they instantly disappeared into the darkness.

Car manufacturers should get a gigantic government safety dick in their rear end for having gauges that illuminate when the lights are off.

8ender fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Aug 21, 2014

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

I love trying to fit inappropriate amounts of things into my hatchback so much

gently caress your truck check out my Audi it has turbo

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

Geirskogul posted:

Listen, he's really loving happy about his brake pads, okay?

I feel shame whenever I have to order nascar branded parts from Canadian tire by name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

AI, a whoOO OOO

every day they're out there making

rust tales, a whoOO OOO

8ender fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Sep 1, 2014

• Locked thread