Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the truth
Dec 16, 2007

cronox2 posted:

I've played through Last of Us like 4 times now but never below hard difficulty. I kind of wanna try it on easy/normal just to see if you get a crazy amount of materials/ammo.
I tried a bit of easy after playing through on hard, survivor, and grouned, and it was basically a completely different game. You have enough ammo to go in guns blazing, or you can just run past them.

Running past them is a pretty good technique that I picked up during my grounded run.

davecrazy posted:

It's survivor mode that takes away the HUD and QTE prompts.

In the PS3 version, survior had no QTE prompts or listen mode but the HUD was still there. Grounded took away the HUD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Sleeping Dogs is great if you haven't played it yet. I got 100% and bought at least half the DLC.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Been a while since I played Fez, but if I recall correctly you can only go so far without figuring out the language or using a guide. It's still fun up to that point, though. If you want to take a stab at the the language yourself, I think you should look for a classroom .

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Pretty sure that now you have to pay the insurance fee or whatever for player-owned vehicles you destroy.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

The story doesn't change. Easy is so easy that there is virtually no tension.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

The listen button is a nice feature and totally fair for someone who is new to the game.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

acksplode posted:

I honestly feel bad for the guy because of this. That ending reveal would have had a ton more impact if it had been the culmination of a week or more of frustrated internet sleuthing.

The collective patience for that kind of thing is not longer than three days.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

I assume he means something he'd like to play that won't be on the PS4.

Like Halo 2? That's already been out for a decade.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

echronorian posted:

The Wii U is really cool and I recommend it.

Same. Can't beat the price with the $200 deal, either.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Peel posted:

I love the terrifying faceless guy just standing around at the end.

Did he do it?

Driveclub is a Slenderman game

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Good to know that I have have no reason to support the ACreed devs with a new purchase and can just get Unity used for dirt cheap in a few months if it ends up being good. What a shame.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Sometimes I think about getting Twitter just so I can read what this person says.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Fluo posted:

Rather save it for The Crew or something. :I

Word on the street is that you will probably be better off with "or something" instead of The Crew.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

It seems like virtually everyone has the same opinion of Destiny that I do, but I came to that conclusion during the alpha.

Despite playing the original for more than 50 hours, I preordered GTA V digitally because I'm on vacation the week it comes out. At least it should keep me busy for a few days until Smash Bros is released.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

This will actually be the fifth one

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

a real rear end nigga posted:

how's battlefield 4 on ps4?

loving incredible when it works properly, which is pretty much all the time since a few months after release.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

http://gamedealdaily.com/playstation-4/the-last-of-us-remastered-full-game-download/?clickid=wT51VD09dQ-mUwKTZA3LUSKRUkQQSsxR2Stjzc0

The Last Of Us Remastered digital download for $30. I beat the game three times on PS3 (Hard, Survivor, and Grounded) in addition to playing through both multiplayer campaigns and am still tempted to pick this up. Anyone who has never played the game should jump on this immediately.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Don't take this as the absolute truth, but as of the end of September I think PS4 is selling better than the Wii was at this time in its lifecycle. That's pretty crazy. New sales numbers are coming out this evening.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

MrLonghair posted:

September 2008 Wii sales were 687k, "nearly three times" the sales of August were made going by specific quotes of those with numbers, so a maximum of 190x3=580k potentially.
(oh, tripled. Correcting.)

I meant LTD sales

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

HyperPuma posted:

Thank you to the person who posted the $30 deal for last of us, never got to play the dlc or multiplayer for that on ps3.

No problem. I'm glad so many people got the opportunity to play the game/additional content thanks to the deal.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

That's probably long enough

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Twibbit posted:

7.5 is a bad score now?

It has been a bad score for years

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Captain Matchbox posted:

Since we're dropping truthbombs: never buy an assassin'a creed game

Buy Assassin's Creed 4.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

http://www.gamersyde.com/thqstream_assassin_creed_unity_gameplay-WbwjiWqH4ArGSLvc_en.html

New gameplay video from AC Unity (not the one climbing Notre Dame). The graphics look better than the muddy screenshots and the size of the crowd is impressive, but there is some pretty obvious pop-in.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Assassins Creed: Undead Nightmare confirmed

Good to know we have moved beyond the uncanny valley

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I would buy SR2 if they announced this weekend that Saints Row 2 was coming out on PS4 the same day as GTA V.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Was rear end Unity made by the same abject failures who created AC3? Because that would make a lot of sense. The next game from the AC4 team should be good.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I know everyone is excited for the new games coming out this week, but I just fired up BF4 for the first time in a while and got sucked back in. Online is smooth as butter and I had forgotten how incredibly hectic 64 player matches can be. I know there have been quite a few sales, and it is definitely worth picking up. I had no trouble finding matches.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Mandrel posted:

Is BF4 actually playable now? I heard a bunch of horror stories about it before I got my PS4, and never ended up buying it once I finally got the system. Was looking at the new CoD today and thinking about how I wanted a good multiplayer shooter.

Yes, it is playable. As far as multiplayer goes, there's nothing like it on the system. There are tons of ways to be a useful teammate - you don't have to (and oftentimes shouldn't) focus on kill:death ratio.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I am not impressed with the controls for Injustice. The timing for the combos is weird, and I can't complete the tutorial because I can't perform a block reversal.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

AC:U will never be fixed.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Meowbot posted:

Darn just checked and back to $57..

Walmart has an urban camo one for $50 bucks lol. That is really loving gay but I am only going to be using it for playing GBA/DS games anyways so I am already kinda gay in thefirst place.

Redefining everything I thought I knew about homosexuality.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

That loving Sned posted:

You and 29 other players can co-ordinate to heist a handbag from an old lady. This plan involves the use of an aircraft carrier.

If Saints Row had online heists

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

echronorian posted:

I've been wanting to play final Fantasy 9 for a few days and got a psn store gift card. Hoping the store comes up so I can pick it up.

You can't play it on the PS4.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

The Bananana posted:

I tried to call their Customer Service a few times now, and they keep railroading me to a message about how they know about a network issue, then *click*...

I have a LOT of beef with Microsoft, but at least their CS would talk to me.

What do you realistically want from a minimum wage phone jockey on another continent to do about your online gaming? What do you even expect them to know?

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

CoD:AW is the best annual entry in the series since 2012.

Wow, two whole years.

BF4 is awesome and even if you are new (or are essentially new because you haven't played in weeks/months, like me) you can be a great asset to your team by sticking with your squad and focusing on the objectives instead of KDR. The multiplayer is fixed, but I heard the single player is still broken and you should back up your save to flash drive between missions. You shouldn't waste much time on single player unless you are bored (like I was) or absolutely LOVE generic shooter campaigns.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I know A bunch of you are aware of this because it was a launch game, but NFS: Rivals is fantastic. It's also infuriating when you lose all of your points. I'm glad I picked it up, especially for just $12 in the recent sale.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

barren_sky posted:

I keep flip-flopping on picking this up. How is the difficulty on it? Is it the kind of game where I can almost hold the accelerator down the whole race, crash a few times and still somehow win? Because that's what I like to do.

You might not always win, but so far the easy challenges have been very generous. It's basically a Burnout game.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I played P3P and P4G because people on the Internet made it sound like I was supposed to. It took me more than a year to beat P3P and probably less than a month to beat P4G.

Still hate anime bs, so some stuff was obnoxious, but I was able to look past a lot of it and the games are fun. I'm looking forward to P5, but I hope that cat is nothing like the robot chick or the annoying bear.

Edit: for people who have no experience with the series, the combat is Persona games is turn based, but there are some cool elemental/summon things (the personas) and combined attacks which make it feel fresh and fast paced. There is no shame in playing on easy mode, either. It significantly reduces grinding.

Edit2: P4G is kind of like Scooby Doo with some generic social commentary of varying quality that is optional and unlocked by spending time with designated friends. If you develop better friendships, then you can create more powerful personas.

the truth fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Feb 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Type-0 is supposed to suck. FF X is a good place to start, and Chrono Trigger and FF 6 are great if you want sprites. If you have access to a PS3 or Vita, then FF IX has probably held up the best of the three games from that generation. I think FF XIII is on PS Now, but virtually no one likes that game.

All of these games are probably a lot different than FF XV.

• Locked thread