Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

ThermoPhysical posted:

Recently picked up ACIV - Black Flag before finishing ACI and never having started II or even bought III.

Did I do a bad thing? I hate games where you HAVE to play the first 5+ before you play the one you just bought.

If it matters, it was $8 used from a local store.

I bought the fourth thing in a series, I hate so much that there would be three others that might have built to this point!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

For fidgety aiming stuff on gravity rush just swing your controller, I'm pretty sure that was on the ps4 version too.
You'll eventually get used to moving around freely in space :D

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Sucks for wireless headset users

What kind of headset are you using with your ps4 that requires optical out?

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

It's good to know that turtle beach still exists, there's hope for everyone I guess :)

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

I don't know if it went past the launch model but if you're just now buying one you might notice that the usb ports feel loose, this is intentional they work just fine and are less likely to be damaged if you go and yank out the cords or whatever.
This worried me right after I got mine but I swap usb devices around quite a bit and they've never given me any grief.

Also a logitech G930 is enough for anyone.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Real hurthling! posted:

gonna get a neo for no good reason. gonna feel so good

Same, get that shiny new thing.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

a fleshy snood posted:

i play pc games when i want to Chill, and i play ps4 games when i want to Relax

Same.

Less distractions on the ps4, most games are designed to be played with a controller these days anyway.
Hand pick $2000 worth of sick tite gaming rig and use it to maintain your lovely Tumblr blog.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Awesome! posted:

thats the day they flip the switch and all of our wildest psn dreams come true

sounds amazing, and for only a few cents a month!

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Death Stranding confirmed for 4k

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

bethesda fans will buy whatever they poo poo out, it literally does not matter

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

twitch goes down to show me what it changes, lmao

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

eames posted:

:mediocre:

I think I'm going to keep my old PS4 and build a PC.

building your own computer is more satisfying than playing video games all on its own
then you can fuss over pixel count more efficiently!

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

unlawfulsoup posted:

Safe money is that all of you fuckers are still going to have PS4 pros in 3-4 months because reasons.

well duh

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

PLAYSTATION ORF
COMING 2017 Q4

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

deep shotsmen game plot

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

halo 5 pacifist run is kind of underwhelming

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

ME4: long fucken torso

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

lol squid head crotch shot wtf

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

SaltLick posted:

lol

thanks Ron

lol squids in belly shirts

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

IT'S A PEE ESS FOUR AND A HALF

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Quest For Glory II posted:

the only thing i got out of that whole thing is that Horizon Zero Dawn is just some ubisoft-esque garbage

NO poo poo

no wait, I'm sure it'll always be a cleverly narrated cinematic experience in an open world

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC2hgHe6FSk
This is p good though.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

"Why should I care about HDR"
"...uh, um well"

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Dewgy posted:

HDR actually is the better feature over 4k (wide color range is awesome) but it's completely dependent on your display. HDR video looks fantastic on a screen that supports it, and games probably would also look pretty drat good.

that was my personal transcript of what actually happened on the stream
im glad u enjoyed it

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Real hurthling! posted:

got out the tape measure. 55mm is the same height as current ps4.
twice the grooves in the same package. so effiecient

see thats not so bad, and it makes the ps4slim look even smaller
more grooves, more airflow maybe

i only really use my main ps4 for ffxiv, maybe ill give my backup ps4 away and put a ps4pro on the big ol tv in the living room
i have to see if it has hdr support though, i know it does some after processing poo poo but when you get a free mechanics special tv you dont read into it too much

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

unironically finally, three usb ports
surprised they finally broke away from the two prong power cable though, rip the old video connector too
rip

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Ryoga posted:

The greatest thing about this announcement today is all these people around the internet getting really invested in a game console while also trying too hard to act like they don't give a poo poo. Endless amusement.

It really is Something Awful :haw:

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

katkillad2 posted:

NX is basically pulling a Dreamcast launch.

it would have to be pretty amazing

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

lmao some of you guys really care about 4K blu-ray who gives a gently caress

so what about the controller besides the dumb light bar is the battery life not poo poo

'you can now transmit data through the usb so it is even better to leave the thing plugged in!'

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Looks like the optical port is still there despite rumours. And an extra USB on the back.

yeah, they were crying over the ps4slim

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Consoles still have the assumed benefit of plugging it in and being able to play a game without any thought, this is still true enough considering I get to talk people through computer repairs every week or so to get their games working again.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

If your console is cooking itself anyway, and it's out of warranty, just take it apart and clean the dust out.
Took my PS3 from 'space heating jet engine' to 'cold and silent' in like a half hour tops.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

The Win10 crossover is really great seeing as how the consensus is 'one major console and a decent pc' . Buy a bluray drive for your desktop and a pspro for the price of scorpio.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

J-Spot posted:

Sony has reneged on allowing Bethesda to offer mod support for Skyrim and Fallout 4. Pretty lovely of the company that supposed to be "for the players" to deny their user base a major feature like this.

get your lizard tits on PC like everyone else you nerds.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

You know how some people like doing new game +++++ in souls games? Bloodborne is like doing that grind, but as the base game, and the camera likes to clip into things sometimes. It's a safe space for people who never got over the whole victorian goth thing though.

e: I'm the 1% that loves all four souls games and replays them regularly but can't even be bothered to load up my just-past-Rom bloodborne save. It's tedious and I don't have that kind of patience anymore I guess.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

My Bloodborne experience through like fifty hours on two characters has been clumsy camera, massive hit boxes on enemy weapons, and having to literally count off the timing to parry stuff as simple as gascoigne, which makes me wonder if I need to reinstall BB on my ps4 or something. Meanwhile Demons-DKS3 I end up running around in pants punching things to death and not getting hit by things that visibly missed me.
basically, everyone treats it like the second coming so mine must just be broken

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Andrast posted:

don't forget

This is actually good though, also everyone with a 64gb chip in their vita wants to live the same dream.
Getting amazon to release day ship something also led to a 2tb ps4 and just downloading it. When did prime shipping become the slow free shipping most things have anyway :(
e: Physical media is the worst, hard drives are cheap.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Picked up Vermintide yesterday after a few months of someone enthusiastically recommending it to me.
Once you get past how buggy the lobby system is right now it's really fun and good.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

FireMrshlBill posted:

Interesting. There are still a sizable group of people that rank UC2 over UC4. I personally think 2-4 are good-to-great games (reason enough to own a PS4). UC1 wasn't bad to me... and going back and playing it, its flaws stuck out more than when it first came out.

When things get supernatural in uncharted 1 it goes bad, I prefer the thin writing in uncharted 1 to the sloppy mess that is uncharted 4 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

MGS1 is still the best.

It's the only one other than MGSV that I really enjoyed sitting down and playing through, 2,3,4,PW,AC!D are all halfway done in my backlog.

• Locked thread