Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K
I think Dark Souls / Bloodborne have high completion because they are actually challenging.

For example, look at Dying Light. At some point around 25 hours I just said gently caress it, let's get this poo poo over with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K
I don't have a 4k set, I don't have plans to buy a 4k tv, and even after watching that presentation I have NO IDEA if the PS4 Pro matters if I don't have a 4k set.

What a terrible presentation.

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K
Preordered. gently caress it. Now the only question is how to increase the hard drive size. I've had a 1tb 2.5" sshd hybrid drive in my ps4 for two years now. I've had to clean it out twice. Is there anything worth upgrading to that offers more than 1TB of storage?! When I copy over everything to the new console I only want to do it once.

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K
I'm just guessing and probably wrong but I don't see how most existing games won't run better on the PS4Pro.

Think about it. Okay maybe they had performance problems so they locked the max framerate at 30 FPS so you get used to the 15 fps garbage. Like Fallout 4. If you then release an updated console with a faster CPU and a faster GPU, would the minimum framerate not improve?

I'm not saying games locked at 30 fps are shrines to the gameplay gods. It's just okay. You know what sucks, though, are the dips to teen and single digit framerates. If you can smooth out the gameplay and keep things constant you'll have a good experience.

If developers bother to patch old games to actually increase the locked framerate that's just a nice bonus.

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K
Bloodborne would be okay if you couldn't defeat the entire game by rushing things and going to the left side.

Sorry for spoiling the entire loving game for you guys and making every encounter a joke.

Easiest souls game = more people like it.

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K
Is there any information about PS4Pro HDD compatibility yet? I think I'm going to go up to 2GB.

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K
Pick up one of those $15 usb charging bricks off amazon. Battery problem solved.

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K

I said come in! posted:

What is absolutely required for hardware for all VR games on PS4? Like is the camera a requirement?

Yeah, get the pack with the camera and the move sticks. You shouldn't half rear end the VR revolution!!!!

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K

haveblue posted:

OK, what games is he playing that are 100gb each

If you have everything patched up:

Battlefield 4 is 75.
Doom is 60.
GTAV is 60.
Diablo 3 is 60.
Witcher 3 is roughly 60.
Destiny is 45ish.
Warframe is 35ish. (that should tell you a lot about how bloated these games are these days...)

If you play something like Elder Scrolls online, that's another 75-80.

How big is Fallout 4 with the DLC? 45+, I imagine.

It's out of hand, especially considering how bad the textures look pretty much everywhere.

Nija fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Oct 6, 2016

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Can someone link me the goon-endorsed 2TB HD?

Thanks in advance friends

I have seen some people recommend an external drive. I have also seen comments from people who remove drives from external enclosures and use that in the PS4.

Case in point is this one:

https://www.amazon.com/review/R79ES7QWZWYMO/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00FRHTSK4&channel=detail-glance&nodeID=541966&store=pc

I am using a 1TB hybrid drive, but need to go to 2 TB. I'm waiting to see what the options are for a PS4Pro before making a purchase.

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K
People talking about being burned out on man with guns games and I'm still looking for a company to resurrect primed gren1s from QWTF.

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K
Honestly if the Pro makes the UI more responsive (like navigating communities for a game you are tabbed out of) it's worth $100 for that alone.

I'll consider any other benefits a nice bonus.

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K
It looks like I'll finally get to upgrade my Epson 8350 projector. This is the current hotness unless you want to spend twice as much...

http://www.projectorreviews.com/epson/epson-home-cinema-5040ub-pro-cinema-6040ub-home-theater-projector-review/

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K
Why did I wait to order the 2TB drive again?

PS4Pro sitting on the counter since yesterday. 2TB drive shows up Monday. Oh well.

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K
I'm probably one of many people who picked up Titanfall 2 from one of the various sales. I'm still waiting for delivery - Amazon and Target have both had inventory problems.

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K
I certainly don't want everyone to subscribe to "my system" (not my system) because if everyone does this, it doesn't work.

But don't buy anything new. Don't even buy it with the Best Buy/Gamestop/Amazon club bullshit discount.

Wait for it 1) to be proven to be good, 2) Patched so that it works, 3) Content has been added to the game.

Then buy it when it's on sale when all 3 of those things have happened.

For example, how do you think my experience with The Division compares with someone who bought it at release? I bought in in September for $15 and I hit level 30 the day after the 1.4 miracle patch dropped. I bought it specifically because 1.4 was the missing checkbox from the above three requirements.

All that said, I still bought Vermintide at full price on release day, because I'm crazy like that for that kind of game. That was still a YEAR after the PC release, so while it checked some boxes, it wasn't quite stable or functional on PS4 AND it wasn't on sale, so it's not a 100% researched purchase.

There are SO MANY games these days that it should be really easy to talk yourself out of having to have the brand new full price buggy/unfinished items. Any genre, any system.

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Is the PSPro worth it if you dont have a 4k tv? Or would it be better to grab a vanilla PS4?

I'm enjoying my pick of the vehicles on map changes in BF1 right now. Pro plus a Firecuda and I'm always one of the first people to load the maps.

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K
If you have problems with your ps4 eject button, pick up these shims from home depot for a few bucks:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Shepherd-Wedge-It-White-Plastic-Shims-6-per-Pack-9435/100180016

I had a box of them lying around and it works fine. Elevate the front of the PS4 in two spots, not directly below the eject button.

That has been my fix for random disc ejections for a year now.

Edit: I linked to a cheaper product than the one I have. What i have is called "mighty wedge" and it's here: https://www.amazon.com/Mighty-Wedge-Soft-Clear-Pack/dp/B00JPPX30K

Nija fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Dec 19, 2016

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K

Kirios posted:

Witcher 3 is the greatest WRPG of all time and it isn't even close. It puts Skyrim to absolute shame.

Is it really a western RPG? They are polish.

It's more like the Gothic series than Elder Scrolls or Baldurs Gate or something that is actually western.

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K
I can't believe there is a Playstation app, and a Messages app, and now there is a Communities app.

I'm going to have a folder on my phone just for playstation bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K
I'm a few pages late for projector chat, but this is the one to get currently:

http://www.projectorreviews.com/the-art-of-home-theater-projectors/epson-hc-5040ub-pc-6040ub-projectors-w4k-support-announced-ce/

I have a much older Epson 8350 that does 1080p. I think it was only $900 msrp and went on sale very often for $600. I've only had to replace the bulb once.

For a project screen I use this brand: http://www.dragonflyscreens.com/.

• Locked thread