Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's really funny watching Youtube videos for the free PS4 PS+ games and reading the comments. If Sony hosed up PS+ in one way it was setting the bar so high on PS3, because it seems like every idiot feels like he's being robbed because the free games for the month weren't Watch Dogs and The Last of Us or something similar. Like, 2 15 dollar games a month is not enough to justify and $50 yearly sub that you also need to play online.

Also, Youtube commenters REALLY hate 2D games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ineffiable posted:

Unfortunately gamers are literally the worst/most entitled people ever. Ps+ wasn't a thing on the ps3 for like the first 4 years of its life right? Then the first year of ps+ was indies like we're getting now. It was slow to get up to stuff like watch dogs or bioshock infinite. We're ahead of the curve relative to ps3.

If people are bitching this bad about our ps+ selections these days, how bad must it be on the xbox side?

Give them an inch and they will take a mile I guess. Resogun and Outlast would have cost more than my $30 black friday sub but I guess it's the worst deal ever cause we keep getting these indies instead of two $60 game that just came out every month. "where are my 3d games PS4?!?!?"

Personally I think the offerings on PS4+ have been pretty drat good deal so far even if a few of them were sort of lame. more people complain about PS+ than anyone ever complained about XBL which cost more and offered nothing until they felt threatened by PS+ and decided to give out the bare minimum.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think I'm going to grab Rogue Legacy tomorrow because it looks awesome, but goddamn I am burned out on that midgety cartoony art style.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I LOVED the RE remake, but Capcom's approach to it sounds lazy as gently caress. In general Capcom seems like the laziest publisher.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

TaurusOxford posted:

Gotta win back that fanbase somehow...only to piss them off again for the next proper RE game.

Good luck. They completely lost me with RE6. Getting me to buy 7 will be a real uphill battle.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

univbee posted:

I think the store is just laid out that way on PS4 for some reason, I don't think it changes based on your membership status.

Yup. Imo they really should consider changing that though. The way it's set up is really dumb and confusing. Just acknowledge that I have already subbed to PS+.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm glad Evolve got delayed. Theres just too much poo poo coming out over the next few months to try and keep up with.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'd drop $60 on Vanquish again without thinking twice. Too bad the rest of the world wouldn't and it will probably never get a remaster or a sequel. :smith:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Happy Hedonist posted:

Who gives a gently caress? I can't contemplate giving two shits about trophies, and every time I see the word "cheevos" I want to gouge my loving eyes out and give the hobby up.

I no joke worked with a dude that was stoked about finding a copy of tiger woods 06 in a trash can and when I asked him if he even liked golf games he said "no I hate them, but it's free cheevos dude." He was an idiot.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Tora Tora Torrents posted:

Just swap them with Xbox One sticks. Huge improvement.

I seriously want to do this, but I'm guessing they don't just fit perfectly right out of the box right? DS4 is an awesome controller but the sticks are just weak in general. Even the 360's sticks are massively superior to the DS4.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

monkeu posted:

Well in the bone's defense I can't imagine who else would want replacement xbone sticks this early into the generation. It's the dual shock 4 that's had faulty stick issues.

Faulty sticks aside Xbox's have always just been better imho. I don't know why they stuck with the convex center part, even though it's nice that that finally put a ridge around it it still sucks by comparison and they are very stubby. If I had known it was that easy to swap them out I would have done it back at launch. Looks like a pretty easy swap too. Probably should be ready to buy another controller just in case I gently caress it up though.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Aug 7, 2014

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Every time people start talking about Mass Effect and Dragon Age it makes me kind of happy that I thought both of those series were boring and quit playing while I was ahead.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Seedge posted:

You have to do it again for the other faction :D

TLOU might have the lamest, grindiest, most unfun trophy set I have ever seen in a game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Seedge posted:

I did three journeys on PS3 and I see myself doing more on PS4. Or do you mean the single player?

From a while back, but I was talking about single player. Most of it is just insanely lame collectable bullshit.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So they just made the lamest, most unfun trophy set ever to make that happen? What could be more fun than going back and playing the game on easy after beating the hardest difficulty so you can open every shiv door and find a bunch of stupid worthless pendants? The game has horrible trophies.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't disagree and I generally don't care about achievements/trophies or whatever, but I think TLOU has exceptionally stupid trophies. Almost all of the SP stuff is based around grinding a game that you don't need to grind.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I didn't say they were hard I said they were exceptionally boring and lazy.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Equilibrium posted:

Is this your first time trophy hunting or something? There's nothing exceptional about some get all the collectibles trophies. There a thousand worse games out there.

No, but I'm not a much trophy hog either. Getting useless collectables over the course of a linear game that doesn't even let you backtrack is so lame though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sorry I said that I thought a thing in a game was dumb. I still think it's dumb but I'm sorry I brought it up because it doesn't matter.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

cronox2 posted:

http://www.behindgames.com/images-next-ps4-system-update-leaked-showcasing-new-design-system-notification/#!

Please be real please be real please be real.

I have no major gripes with the current system UI but that looks so much slicker.

That does look really nice. I just hope it works better than the current ui.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

From the last page, but every time Killzone comes up people are always like "yeah it sucks but the MP is good" and I have to ask. What about the MP is good? I played it for a while and thought it sucked. Felt like COD if everyone was a bullet sponge.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Still no Deep Down huh? Why did they bother teasing it at the PS4 reveal if they aren't even going to bring it to the states?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

James Woods Fan posted:

Some dude is streaming PS4 Diablo 3 on Live From Playstation. I got to wait until next Wednesday :(

Jesus. I didn't even realize it was that soon and I have a copy fully paid off. I'm not even close to being done with TLOU MP. Then Destiny comes out, and after that there is October...Too many games and not enough time or money.

I'm going to miss the simpler times where only one buyable PS4 game came out every month or two.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I can't wait to get this game after a bunch reviews and people on the internet say it's great, but I'm not touching it with a ten foot pole until then after playing Dead Island. If there is one thing they taught me it's that they are better at making trailers than games.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BGrifter posted:

Yeah a quick google search turned up the same result. Too bad. I'd buy it for PS4 if I could port my old junk over but I'm not excited enough to replay D3 to start from scratch.

I'd say I'm in the same boat, but I love/hated it at launch so much that I just want to start over with a decent loot system and the expansion. Like, it was a pretty good game that was so plagued by stupid bullshit that I really want to go back and try it again after all of the changes. Probably not worth another $60 bux but whatever. I didn't think TLOU was worth buying again either and it's probably been my favorite purchase on PS4 so far*.

*second to Battlefield. Dice can't gently caress that series up enough to not make it the most awesome MP game out there.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Aug 12, 2014

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm still trying to dig through all of this. Can someone link me the MGS thing everyone was enjoying a few pages back?

Also, still no new info on Everybody's Gone to The Rapture? :(

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture has now been merged into MGS5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW-zDdt2VoE

:lol:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This is probably a really dumb question coming from someone who has owned a PS3 for 6 years and bought a launch PS4, but how do trophies work? I've never really cared about them and I have no idea what to make of them.

My best guess is:

%= percent of people who have completed that trophy
x/4 dots=value of trophy
number and progress bar next to your name=?
trophy color is related to the dots and %?

I only started looking at these things a few days ago, because neither of my PS3's was actually capable of syncing them at any point. They seem way more confusing than Xbox achievements though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

EDIT: ^^^^^^whoops had my question answered while I was making the image with the tab open. Makes sense now.

neetengie posted:

The four dots is how rare it is based on how many people got it. Gold, Silver and Bronze are set by the game devs, same way Cheevos are 5 pioints, 10 points, etc. If you're referring to the % where it just shows the tile in the trophy list (i.e. Wolfenstein, 33%) that's the percent of trophies you have for that game. Other than that I have no idea what you're saying. Mind using an image?

I meant on my general profile for that part. Like, I don't really know what this even means.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think that plat is for TWD which just gives it to you for playing the game lol.

I'd actually probably go for achievements/trophies if they weren't always such grindy BS. I've yet to see a game that actually sounds fun to plat since that whole system was introduced.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

:lol: what the heck am I supposed to do in the PT demo when the door opens a bit and there is a baby crying? It doesn't seem like I can go in there and all the doors are locked. I've walking back and forth for almost 10 minutes trying to figure out what to do.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Thanks.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Jesus. PT is loving stupid. I'm to the point where I'm watching a Youtube video of it and things that are supposed to be happening are just not happening for me.

Like, initially I didn't know you were supposed to use R3 to zoom but now I'm stuck again. Is there some other control I'm supposed to know about? I looked on youtube and I'm at the part where you are supposed to gouge the eye out of the picture, but nothing happens. I've zoomed in on every square inch of this apartment and nothing Am I just retarded or is this game not intuitive at all?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

EC posted:

Well, there is a giant X on it, so you can try pressing that button. Although literally any button will work.

I'm just gonna go and recoil in shame now.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is there any reason to keep the castle the same in rogue legacy? Also, what does vampirism do? Thanks.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mustang posted:

Were the BF4 addons downloading retardedly slow for anyone else? like 24 hours for a 3 gig download. I downloaded The Last of Us in less than an hour, what gives? I know my download speed is good, not sure why BF4 stuff is downloading so slow and its just getting slower. Was at 20 hours now its up to 26...

Cancel the download and try again. You got a bad server. This happens all the time on PS4.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nika posted:

MGS stuff

I'm not gonna bag on you for jumping to conclusions but if you went back and played the series you'd probably be pleasantly surprised. or at the very least surprised. it's pretty much the weirdest mainstream game series that has ever existed. Basically the opposite of most dudebro games for better or worse.

To me MGS is basically it's own genre.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

:lol: I hadn't even heard of AC Rogue. They just can't stop running this poo poo into the ground can they? I don't think I have seen such an over saturation of an IP in my life. AC is like the Expendables of games.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

But, doesn't the series still sell ten billion copies every time?

They are doing something right because I have bought 3 AC games and played even more, even though I think it's one of the dullest games I have ever played at it's core. It's like they are really good at convincing people "hey this one's gonna be good check it out"

I don't think I've ever had fun with an AC past 5 or 6 hours. They just feel so drat uninspired and the level design is always terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I just meant Metal Gear in general. Even Subsistence feels pretty dated at this point.

• Locked thread