Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Any deals on a PS4 Camera, controller, and charging station? With Madden soon....time to gear up..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
What's the goon recommended thumbstick rubber add on thingies? I'm used to a 360 controller, so my fingers kinda slip off the thumbsticks after hours of Destiny and my fingers kind of cramp up. There something out there to making them more
comfortable? I think I'm just used to there being an indention.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Man, I was so hyped on the PS4 train, and still am......but all of my friends chose Xbox One instead and now I play Destiny by myself while they have all their stories :(

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

^^^^ Don't worry, you can also feel bad about missing out on Crackdown.

I do :(

But, to be fair, I have also yet to play Last of Us or any of the Uncharted's, and etc..

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
So, am I the only one that really dislikes the idea of a mouse and keyboard being used on a console system? Sorry, maybe I'm old school, but I play with a controller. The mouse and keyboard people can stay on the PC, cause I don't welcome that handicap.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Damnit, I've been pretty satisfied with my PS4 purchase. However, Destiny has reignited the dormant big gamer in me, so I'm playing games a lot more.

Problem is, all of my buddies went and bought Xbox Ones. I only know the goons in the goon Madden league. I had to end up buying the 360 version of Destiny to play with the majority of my other friends. Those guys also plan on eventually moving to Xbox Ones. But, now I want the new Battlefield and Call of Duty, but I'm at a stalemate because my other friends that are getting it...only have Xbox Ones. I can't play with anybody I actually know, while they'll all be playing.

Basically, the only thing that's keeping me a PS4 user is goon Madden. The thought has been roaming in my head about trading somebody my PS4 straight up for a Xbox One so I can play with my friends.

Somebody talk me out of it.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
So, you have to be in a party for Share Play to work? Or, can I just find random people?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
So, you have to be in a party for Share Play to work? Or, can I just find random people?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Thinking about Dragon Age. Honestly, never played them before. However, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is one of my favorite games ever. It's also made by BioWare, of course.

They kind of in the same family? I loved the battle system in KOTOR.

Speaking of RPG battle systems, has any decent RPG ever ripped off Grandia's battle system? That one is my favorite ever.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
So, I've got $300 in Amazon giftcards. What's the best way for me to go about getting a PS4?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Any idea on the reliability of Amazon certified refurb PS4's?

That would have been a better question.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Ok, class. Let's do this instead.

Sell me on a PS4.

Here's my situation: I've got both a Xbox One and a PC (Intel i7-4770 3.40 GHz w/ GeForce 970 GTX). So, my PC is a lot more powerful than both the Xbox One & PS4. I primarily get my single player games on PC now. Steam is wayyy cheaper for new AAA releases (also, thanks to stuff like g2a.com) and they look 10x better on my PC than consoles. But, I buy all of my multiplayer games on Xbox One. All of my friends are on Xbox. When things like Battlefield One comes out, I gotta roll with my Xbox crew. In a more perfect world, a PC + PS4 would be the combo to roll with as there's hardly any games on Xbox One that don't come to PC. But, I'm married to the Xbone because my friends. Getting new friends is not an option.

So, I'm trying to rack my brain if the PS4 exclusives are reaaaally that worth it. Cause they look loving sweet. And the VR looks crazzzy. But, I'm starting to wonder if I would be better to just invest into an Oculus Rift or something that can do better than the PS4 VR. I'm worried that while the PS4 VR is inferior hardware, the support is gonna be much larger & better than the Oculus platform.

Another appeal is that I never had a PS3. I know with the Playstation Now, you can stream some PS3 games to the PS4 and it does a great job of it. So, there's a lot to catch up there with.

Games I'm interested in:

Horizon Zero Dawn
Uncharted series (I loooooved Tomb Raider)
No Man's Sky
The Last of Us
Spider-Man by Insomniac
Ratchet & Clank
Until Dawn
God of War
Last Guardian
Detroit: Become Human / Hard Rain / Beyond: Two Souls
Lots of indie games
Playstation VR

Steam is a wayyy better value. But those PS4 exclusives aren't going anywhere. Now....I've got enough Steam games and some Xbox One games to last me forever on my backlogged poo poo. But, I figure a PS4 could be good to use these birthday gift cards on..

Convinced on:
- The Playstation exclusives and lots of them
- Catching up on PS3 games via Playstation Now
- Spotify in my games? gently caress yeah
- It's the superior console.

Worried about :
- My preexisting large backlog
- Not gonna really be using it for multiplayer
- Playstation VR vs. Oculus Rift?

I know I'm overthinking this.

89 fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jul 20, 2016

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

IkeTurner posted:

I have all the consoles, a PC with GTX 980 Ti, and a pile of VR headsets. Get a PS4. Get all the things. It's blisssssss.

I like this idea. I've decided I'm going to revisit this idea this fall when most of the games I want are out on the system.

In the mean time...I'll have the living room ready.

*orders Amazon Echo and Hue lights*

:cool:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
What was the big PS4 exclusive that came out (I think) early this year that was supposed to be AMAZING but was just broken as hell, bugs everywhere, and was a massive disappointment?

....cause I thought that was Bloodborne, but apparently it was a different title.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Come on Neo, get announced already. I am PS4less and am willing to pay extra to make all of my future PS4 games 60fps instead of 30fps because I've become spoiled with my PC

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I don't NEED a PS4 or a PS4 Pro. I've got endless backlogs of games on both my Xbone and Steam. My TV is awesome, it's 65" and was crazy cheap after a price error and is a Samsung and is 3-4 years old.

But motherfucker. The urge to spend money I don't have on a needless 4K TV upgrade and a PS4 Pro in combo is.....somebody is blowing the fire on the coals...

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Megasabin posted:

Go look at a 4K in person and see if you are impressed. I'm a pretty big electronics consumer with no cost restrictions, and still haven't upgraded, because I still haven't found a set that looks significantly better than my 7 year old Pioneer. I will say I haven't seen an OLED in person yet.

I've seen a litttle in action and it was definitely nice. But I haven't ever seen a gaaaaame in 4K.

But, on the same note, I think I'd be happier running in 60 fps in 1080p on the PS4 Pro instead of 25-30 fps in 4K.

I have also yet to see an OLED in person.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
In my brief research, from the lag HDR10 introduces, unless you're willing to drop $1500+ on a new 4K TV, wait till next year.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I know console digital sales will never be like Steam. But I'm assuming PSNow sales are on par with Xbox Live sales?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
And with some early Christmas gift cards, I've got a PS4 Pro being shipped from overstock.com. Total was $340 due to this 15% off overstock.com gift card deal on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Get-a-100-Overstock-com-Gift-Card-for-only-85-Email-delivery-/262748876053

Buy 4 of them and boom, $340 PS4 Pro, free shipping, no tax.

Nowwww, time to find digital deals for Uncharted 4, Last of Us, and all kinds of stuff..

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Is there any kind of PSN reward system for buying games? I'm wanting to pick up Uncharted 4 and Last Guardian. But something tells me if I do that, I probably should do Best Buy's B2G1 deal going on right now.

I just like digital copies over physical..

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Any idea on the chances these go on sale during the Holiday Sale, or should I just go ahead and pick some of them up?

Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection
The Last of Us Remastered
Bloodbourne
Ratchet & Clank
Heavy Rain

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Gamefly has used copies of Uncharted 4 for $25.

Yeah, couldn't pass that up.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Is the Uncharted Collection normally $20?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

haveblue posted:

Look at it on web, that should tell you if this is a reduced price.

Well, I know that. Just somebody posted it for Amazon in the Video Game Deal thread, but it seems like it's $20 everywhere including PSN. So figured I was missing something.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I figure anybody without a PS4 should go ahead and invest the extra $100 into a PS4 Pro if things like better frame rates and better graphics sounds good to you. We'll see more out of the Pro going forward. I'm not expecting too much out of games that are already released now as far as Pro patches go.

Then, one day when you get that 4K TV, you'll already be set 👍🏻. I don't plan on going 4K for a while. I've got a Pro coming in the mail.

My biggest issue is my trigger finger with stuff like Until Dawn and Ratchet & Clank sitting out there on the PSN store for only $20 and I don't even have the drat console yet and have a huge backlog already...

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Whoa whoa whoaaaaaaa.

There's game share on PS4, too??

Me and one of my buddies have been splitting costs on our Xbox One digital games. And now we can do that on our PS4's too??

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Detective No. 27 posted:

No, not what you're thinking. You can let someone play your game by streaming to them, for one hour at a time. (It'll end the stream after an hour but you can immediately start it up again.) Basically you're "passing the controller" to them. And you both need to be PS+ members.

http://m.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/How_to_Game-Share_with_Family_and_Friends

Sounds exactly like the Xbox One. Only thing you can't do with it is stream to your Vita or whatever cause your friend's system is the one set to "Primary"

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

ethanol posted:

It's like one hour of play

That seems to be the Share Play, not the Game Share

As silly as that sounds

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Stux posted:

this is a different thing to share play but yeah youve been able to do this since the ps3, ms just picked it up for the xbox one as well

Nice. Yeah, I don't plan on my PS4 ever being offline. PS4 Pro + Gigabit internet ftw 😎

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
So, week 2 of the holiday specials drop on Tuesday? Thanks to a very giving goon, I got that 20% off coupon I'm gonna use. Probably round out most of the rest of the games I want to pick up in one transaction :)

To someone who thinks Shadow of the Collosus was like the greatest ever, is Last Guardian a must have or wait till it hits around $30?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Any deals on PSN gift cards?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
For all the rah rah of how awesome Sony is over Xbox, the handling of adding money to your account to purchase games with is atrocious. It claims the credit card information is not valid on both my debit card AND my Paypal account that is directly hooked to my bank account. Which is apparently a very common problem because of the weird card verification service they use. So, I've been having to buy digital codes off Amazon and enter them into the Redeem Prepaid Card section. Well, I just bought enough to cover my big purchase. But, when I went to put in the last prepaid code, then the redeeming service crashes and eats my $10 prepaid card. I'm $10 short on my order in my PSN wallet. So, now I've gotta contact Sony to get this stupid loving $10 into my account and I don't even have my PS4 in the mail yet.

On Xbox, I'd just hit "Pay" and then "Confirm" and be done with it.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Soooo, thanks to the Holiday Sale + that 20% off coupon, I got....

The Last Guardian
Until Dawn
Firewatch
Bloodborne
Ratchet & Clank
God of War III Remastered
Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection
Amplitude
Broforce
Earth Defense Force 4.1

For $165. Thennnn, I grabbed a $25 copy of Uncharted 4 off Gamefly.

This is what happens when you quit alcohol and get a new console. :shepspends:

drat system isn't even here yet.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Just finished Rise of the Tomb Raider.

That's it?

Was fun, but I enjoyed the first one much more. I beat the game and apparently only went through 60% of it. So I guess there's a bunch of tombs to go back to. But I mostly played it for the story missions.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Wandle Cax posted:

I thought Rise was much better. Somewhat less focus on combat with more puzzles, tombs and exploration. And the combat was helped with the bomb making which was fun.

I forgot how to do the slow motion kills have way in and then forgot to look it up until after I beat the game 😬

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
1. It's been over a month since PSVR came out. PSVR owners, what's your opinion now of it?

2. I had a PS4 before and the controller hurt my hands. The Xbox One controller is much more comfortable, especially for shooters. Anybody else have this problem and did any weird thumbstick addons or alternate controller help at all? I noticed this thing just got announced:

Nacon Revolution:

Looks like it's only been announced for Europe so far and will carry a tag of $100+

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

omg chael crash posted:

I'm looking to buy right now because I'm currently using an old 720p, 22in computer monitor and it's just not doing it for me anymore.

From my research a month or so ago, unless you're willing to go over $1,000 (more like $1,500), 4K HDR TVs are largely undeveloped and it's gonna take a couple of years for their prices to be realistic. You'd probably be better off finding a higher quality 1080p set if you need to buy now.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Soooo, who has made a custom a Spotify playlist to play in the background of Earth Defense Force?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Bloodborne sure doesn't hold your hand.

As someone who hasn't played any of the Souls games, I ran around for 20 minutes and didn't know wtf to do.

• Locked thread