Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Just zoom out til youre a dot on the screen. Now its an rts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Currently playing Obenseuer where I have so many needs including
Food
Water
Smoke
Dont poo poo your pants
Shrooms
Alcohol

Desperately trying to figure out how to craft a toilet before I poo poo myself or maybe I should just wait in a public area while it happens.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

CuddleCryptid posted:

So is this like...actually a survival game? I thought it was one of those business management games in the vein of Internet Cafe Simulator where you have to run a business but also there's a few bars where where you occasionally need to buy a pizza.

I need to poo poo, I need to do mushrooms and have a drink, I hope they send my cat through, I've been scavenging through trash to make enough money to pay for it all til the next day, and I broke my legs because while I may be a video game protagonist, I'm a mushroom addicted alcoholic videogame protagonist and jumping down a single storey is enough to leave me half dead.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I suppose addiction levels are also obscured? Ive been spending an hour a day to try kick my habits in the sauna. Still not sure if its working but i seem to need less booze and shrooms.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

CuddleCryptid posted:

Obenseur update that fixes some of the stuff talked about in thread

https://github.com/loiste-interactive/Obenseuer-Issues/blob/main/CHANGES.md

e. And now you can't rent capsule bed. One door opens, the other closes.

I just slept various beds in Deekula A and B if ive not got business in my tenement.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

CuddleCryptid posted:

Same, I don't know that "unsafe" beds actually do anything.

I've somewhat hit a wall with it, if anyone knows how to get the real passport password could they give me a hint? I tried the wrong one that you get earlier and after that hit a brick wall.

Try looking at another shop in Deekula C, they might know something.

I wonder if unsafe beds are causing my watches to get stolen because I've had to replace them a few timies. I could just be carelessly selling them at the shop though.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Goddammit after in-game weeks of living in obenseuer I finally figure out how to use the sauna correctly.

Its not enough to just stay in the hot room, you have to throw water onto the rocks once the temp is at least 60c. Also you can button mash on the water bucket to rapidly achieve the benefits of doing the sauna, so you can max it out before you start burning in only a minute. Bring a tub of water because you'll get severely dehydrated tho. On the plus side I cured all my addictions and depression a few days after finding that out.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

this'll gently caress up the economy if i can find a place to buy it

edit: it turns out no I cant find anyone to buy it lmao.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Dec 8, 2023

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh, Passmore buys stuff for real money. I could sell him some jewellry I found. Gotta try bringing a gold watch tomorrow.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

How much does having a group to play with matter in Valheim? Is solo fun/doable?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Vintage Story definitely has a lot of realism in climate / season on various things, most obviously in food preservation with cellars, salting, pickling, etc.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

hell yeah Im up for an annihilation-like

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

With Palworld's success I thought I'd check what Chimeraland was up to. It's superficially similar to Palworld, you've got monsters you can tame as pals, and you can build a base, but it's an MMO.

Sadly the game's decided it couldnt hack it and is closing in march this year lmao.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its less gruelling and has way less booby mods

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lol Nightingale's always connected and online even if you're in single player. And there's lag!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

At least according to steam reviews and complaints on the discussions. The further away from the servers you are the laggier it gets on single player, amazing. :V

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its always either trivial or will completely break the game to fix :v

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I think I'm over survival games.

I want thriving games.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

the op should just be full of pictures of station wagons

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Breathedge is 70% off so you can get to suffering the awful writing /acting for cheap

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Honestly the one that I keep coming back to is Cataclysm. Not much to look at but it's got everything.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The inventory management in that game is seriously the worst, unless they've upgraded to abstracted inventories from actually holding stuff in left/right hands.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Finally got into Ostranauts after bouncing off many times.

In the middle of stripping down a large ship for parts when I hear a huge crash and the stars around me start spinning. Huh. weird. I continue disassembling the ship.

When I'd finished I hopped back into my pod to pilot back to the station which was instead of just a short trip away was now several thousand kilometers away because apparently I was rammed and sent spinning into the void of space for the entire time I was disassembling the ship. It was a long long limp back to port.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Okay this time I was disassembling a ship too close to Ganymede and I crashed both ships on to the moon. :v

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

LeFishy posted:

I’m on the fence with this game. I want a crunchy game that has vibes of deltaV but more too it from an rpg point of view.

I’m a little frustrated because I’ve actually been working on a similar (but “cozy”) game where you’re getting stuff off big dead hulks to take back to the central station to fulfill specific orders.

Is this game good? Does it feel like the controls would work on a steam deck?

Im enjoying it but the controls are definitely a little esoteric. The controls might work but its got a severe case of indie jank. Im having fun but its definitely not going to be for everyone.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

drat, that'll teach me to try get cozy in Ostranauts.

New large derelict freighter was still intact enough that I could repressurise the ship so I could work without the bulky EVA suit.

First thing I did after the hull was reflooded with oxygen and n2 and repaired the heaters was to accidentally puncture the hull while I was working in my underwear.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Umbreon posted:

I really want to like this game but I got to the tutorial and saw that I had like 9 million status effects and things that could be modified, almost all them having nothing to do with actually disassembling derelict ships, and I bounced out immediately. Maybe I need a guide or something.

idiotsavant posted:

Haha, same feeling except I’ve managed to resist buying it. It looks super awesome, but also looks clunky and esoteric as hell wrt controls/interface/etc, and if I play I’m 99% certain I’ll bounce off after 20 minutes

It is as youve said, quite weird and clunky and has a lot of stuff that doesnt have direct shipbreaking application right now. You can safely ignore most of it or spend time in the character creation to get rid of the most detrimental ones like Feeble, Fragile, so you can work with larger things without tiring out. Generally all you need to do are worry for personal care is AM I SUFFOCATING/FREEZING/BOILING IN THE VACUUM OF SPACE. And once in awhile stuff your face, go to the toilet and wash up.

Sometimes your character might whine about not having interacted with other human beings for ages but lol.

This is all you really need to care about.

This shows what you ended up with after character creation and you cant really do anything about it at this point so dont worry about it.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Apr 11, 2024

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Absolutely no idea. Maybe 2-4 years at this rate?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Finding out hilariously that there's a few problems with the simulation of the atmosphere in the game and character AI.

Theres a lot of people on the main space station in the game. Too many in fact for the atmospheric systems to keep up with. I'm quite awhile into my game and the main station is full of suffocating / suffocated people because the co2 buildup is too high even if I hook my ship into the station to refresh the air. Oh well. RIP everyone there.

Also because some people have their space helmets on and wont take them off.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

yeah but I really dont want to encourage Todd anymore though

that and its online only

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Apr 25, 2024

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

For Delta-V, its been a year and change since I last played it, but it wasn't too hard to get into. I'll poke around tonight and see if I can find a decent guide video.

Ostranauts, meanwhile, actually just landed on my LIDAR as well and I found this half-decent and relatively recent tutorial series for it:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLhsp-kPC2hjpVPU7zqK0vnVNwT5Y6J9v

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1jHgAhaUGA

I was thinking about poking my toe into the pool because I crave a good scavenger survival experience.

I love games where I can be a rat rooting around in trash for widgets to build things I need to survive. For some reason I just find games where you're salvaging, retrofitting, restoring, and repurposing junk more satisfying than survival games where you're digging out ore and cutting down trees for the materials you need (though I do love many of those games too).

Ive been playing it lately and while it's still jank as heck, I'm having a lot of fun with it. Taking a break and waiting for the next update which should add environmental hazards, like fires etc. should be fun. :3

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Glad you're having fun! Just keep in mind the stock prices change on both the legal and black market so pay attention. The black market's demand also fluctuates. They're where you can sell data files too. Dont erase ones you cant sell for anything, they may come back in demand at a later date. And yeah, sometimes wrecks are REALLY trashed and only good to salvage for walls and hulls and components.

I was thinking of designing a ship from scratch. With the airlock becoming more of a docking point and the main area where it connects to any ships I'm salvaging would just be an open to vacuum storage sled. That way I'm not wasting time and atmosphere dragging salvage further into my ship.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Just make sure you have a spare o2 and n2 tank on board. You'll eventually come to sitations where extras are welcome.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Nice mid sized ships! love the different customization options.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Qubee posted:

All this talk of Ostranauts makes me want to throw money at it again and give it a second shot??? I loved Neo Scavenger, and immediately bought Ostranauts a few years back when it was newly released. I was greeted with a half-baked janky mess which I refunded. I haven't touched it since. It seems the game is way more fleshed out nowadays? Anyone care to sell it to me?

The mess is slightly more baked now! its fun(tm) even when everyone on the station drops dead.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I've had it for a few years but let it sit on the backburner to stew and jumped in with the current update. So yea all this playtime is from 13+ so I'd say its' pretty playable (but jank) now.

Still want to set fire to all that meat though.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Umbreon posted:

Well, this post sold me pretty hard on trying again. The only thing I'm waiting for is the fix to the "everyone on the station just eventually randomly dies" bug. Once that's fixed, I'll be trying this again and playing it during work most likely.

It's not random, they die from very specific reasons! (they refuse to take off their suits in which they're suffocating) :v

Even breaking into the maintenance area to actually put carbon scrubber carts in the carbon scrubbers or converting my ship to oxygenate the station doesnt really help in the long term haha.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Just give me craftable molotovs and the fire update and it shouldnt be a problem much longer :v

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

BlueBottleGames posted:

We also recently added a maintenance tech to stations, which I thought would be dragging these corpses off to disposal. Are they not doing their job anymore?

Apparently not. I kept bringing back bodies i found on derelicts and piling them here since it didnt quite feel right to leave them on the ship. (maybe a small finders fee reward in the future?)

The 'people being brought in at transit while dying' makes sense. the weird dead / dying people were all stacked up in one spot at the port transit area.

--

Completely unrelated I was running around forever looking for the ship dealer kiosk, expecting it to be labelled like every other kiosk in the game. Well it wasnt! I eventually did find it because it was a unique piece tho.

--

wishlists for the future. Component types are pretty barebones at the moment. It'd be nice to see more part subtypes, like the regular intake vs hydra intakes to make the ships more varied, having the great feeling of scoring a rare component, giving different layout options for different components in ships.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 02:33 on May 1, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

More compact navigation console but gives you bad back status

Being able to slice off huge sections of multiple tiles of floor/hull to more rapidly build up your scrap ship would be nice but its probably a huge ask given how it works now