Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Steve Vader posted:

I can't think of a "famous rivalry" I care about less than HHH/HBK. I liked Wrestlemania mode, even if I still haven't been able to beat The Rock with John Cena yet for the last one.

I'm not upgrading to next-gen anytime soon, so I really hope Universe mode is at least in 360. And I really hope some kind of storyline ever actually happens/matters in Universe mode.

I believe Universe will remain in 2k15, especially since feuds are next-gen exclusive so taking out Universe would leave it with only exhibition matches. I would imagine it will be relatively untouched from 2k14 though, kind of like the Madden franchise modes in old gen consoles after they start producing for next gen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

This sounds like more of the same crap they tried on every other Smackdown vs Raw game released in the mid to late 2000s. They try to reinvent the wheel every other year and introduce minigames and quicktime events for everything. Between this news and the fact that we are 2 months out from release date with no actual action footage shown, I'm thinking it will be a big transition year.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

I spend an unreasonable amount of time with the CAW feature and editing movesets, so I am excited just to be able to do all of that via the Vita this year. I actually enjoyed the gameplay and such in 2k14, so I am also one of the few people on these forums that is glad that they aren't rebuilding the whole franchise from step one again.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

I will probably be picking up a 360 copy since I will be off the week work that week and have the extra time. Then I will probably pick up the ps4 version to have the better game when that comes out, so if anyone is interested in a 360 version, I can send it their way for like $10-15 after the middle of November.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Was a complete list of the NXT wrestlers for 2K15 ever released? I remember seeing Neville, Zayn, Bo and the Ascension (possibly), but I'm not sure if anyone else was confirmed.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

I feel like there isn't much information at all for WWE 2k15 and we are a week out from release on the older gen systems. Is this par for course on 2K games? I realize that the 360/ps3 versions of the games will be missing the MyCareer mode, but it really feels like we are almost completely in the dark about most of the game.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Skunkrocker posted:

Dude, the XB360 and PS3 versions are just gonna be 2K14 with the 4 x'd out and a 5 written in with crayon. Don't expect it to wow you. :smith:

Oh I know. I mentioned in an early post I am only picking up the 360 version because I will be off work next week. I'm excited for the ps4 version in mid November. I just meant that usually there is alot more info out there on these games at this point in the development cycle. Outside of some "Making Of Videos", I haven't seen too much.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

I pay for DLC on games like the WWE ones because I know I will be using it enough for it to matter. If I'm only popping in WWE to play through the single player once and occasionally play multiplayer with friends, then I wouldn't be paying for it. But since I really enjoy creating my own shows and feuds in Universe, its worth it to have the extra characters, moves, and everything else that comes with them.

It seems especially stupid to complain about DLC in a game like WWE 2K15, when if you don't want to pay for it, you can pretty easily find a pretty good CAW via other people's creations online. Same could be said for not paying for additional feuds and just downloading created storylines online. With the amount of free content made available through their creation tools, the WWE games would actually be one of the last games I would be complaining about locking some content away via DLC.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Fooly Cooly 25 posted:

Quick list of active wrestlers/divas missing from 2K15:

Alicia Fox
Otunga
Diego
Fernando
El Torito
Eva Marie
Health Slater
Huncio
Layla
Rosa Mendes
Sin Cara
Zack Ryder

That's pretty ridiculous, considering they already had models for a lot of them.

Its probably the same process that THQ had to grow through in that WWE provides a list of wrestlers they want in the game (and sometimes nix wrestlers that the developer had planned).

I'm about to go pick up a 360 version of the game to screw around with (mainly because I am off work this week and have the extra time). I can answer anyone's specific questions. The IGN interview isn't too promising at all, but this is just a stop-gap while I have free time and before the ps4 copy drops in a few weeks.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

CopywrightMMXI posted:

WWE2k15 question: how is the gameplay for the PS3/360 versions? Is it an improvement over recent years?

It is the exact same game as 2k14 gameplay wise. There is literally nothing changed from last year's version, just a couple of new animated moves (not many) and a couple extra OMG moves.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

pressedbunny posted:

Pretty sure it was in 2k14, and 2k14 & 2k15 appear to use the exact same animation skeletons, so there is literally no reason for it to not be included other than "we forgot and we're too dumb to check these things."

I'm pretty sure it is still in there, they just animated a new one for the DLC. The hip swinging one should be one of the sitout neckbreakers, while the new DLC one looks like he lands on his back at a different angle.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Genericide posted:

That commentary is still so, SO bad in 2k15 is basically unforgivable at this point. Other sports games astound me with the weird, niche commentary they've bothered to record and program, but 2k15 *still* has those archive classics: "He's putting those educated feet to good use!"

Chris Jericho ... is BACK ... from HOLLYWOOD!

His motto is Save the Whales, collect the whole set!

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

They are working on a patch to fix the Title match stuff for Universe mode. So if that is the only thing holding you back from getting the game, it should be fixed in the next couple of weeks.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

simosimo posted:

Got the game a day early [UK] and love the little improvements. There are lots of little improvements accross the board, even though models are funny looking the graphics overall have improved. Especially ringside, the runway barricades had lots of nice little wires modelled, and everything have a nice high rez texture. This looks really good when you're fighting outside. I also love that you can run inside/outside the ring while holding a chair again, hooray.

So far so good, chair shots feel great and it feels really polished overall.

One thing, I can't seem to get boots on both entrance/wrestling attire. Only one, so my guy has no boots during his entrance :|

I was having the same problem with the clothing in creation. You can fix it by going to the "Edit Layers" section, then when you select a garment, there should be two boxes: Entrance & Wrestling. Press X over the boxes until both are highlighted, then back out.

Davros1 posted:

Have the PS3 version, and noticed a few things (keep in mind I never touched 2K15):

For the Universe mode, it looks like they just kept last years. There's still brands and rosters, not shows. They don't have the personality traits that the PS4 version boasts about having, but there's the option to choose what story lines you want to play through for rivalries.

Got a laugh out of this: in the PS3 version, you can book title matches in Universe mode. Guess that was only in the next gen version.

Entrances are gutted. There are 3 generic tag entrances, and I think maybe 2 single ones

The attacking before a match is a next gen exclusive, I guess. *shrugs*

CAW tools are the same as 2K14, so no weird face morphing. On the other hand, it's going to be real easy for me to recreate a bunch of my CAWs from 2K14 (except, of course, for the whole entrance thing).

The call names for CAWs is now limited to "nickname, first name, last name".

Played a match with my tag partner as my manager, and Lillian announced it as "Accompanied to the ring by Partner 2, from hometown, Partner 1, with Partner 2!"

Yeah, they aren't updating the core game at all for older consoles. So outside of updating the roster and adding Austin's career stuff, it is the exact same base game from 2 years ago. You are missing out on alot of new gameplay mechanics and other stuff.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

If anyone wants to add me on ps4, my gamertag is Havoc904.

I generally try to make lesser known people and comic characters. Last year I had the Mountie and Viscera CAWs that came out pretty good, a long with a Guy Gardner with 4 different outfits.

With the head morphing, I am probably going to make Pops from Regular Show in the next day or two. So if you want Pops (and his arch nemesis Hugehead) to show up in your story mode, shoot me a friend request!

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Davros1 posted:

Actually, I was on the fence regarding the new gameplay mechanics. I'm in the minority, but I prefer button mashing on submissions than whatever that new thing was supposed to be. And I hated the idea of limited reversals. So that's a win for me.

I would definitely give the new mechanics a shot whenever you do upgrade consoles. I owned both 360 and ps4 versions last year and played the 360 version more just because the ps4 felt incomplete.

The reversal change really adds a whole new dynamic to strategy, I love it. Its nice not having a hoss match become a reversal fest. Plus there are alot more reversal animations, so it is nice not to have every DDT attempt get revered into a russian leg sweep or armbreaker.

I also wouldn't put too much into all the bitching about the submission system. The system is pretty easy when you realize you don't need to rotate the pad, just flick it in a different direction.

Of course, if you are happy with the system from WWE 14, then no reason to change it.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

is there any reliable way to pull off Ambrose's rebound lariat? I'm almost never stunned against the ropes, let alone during the Signature timeframe.

I thought the rebound lariat required your opponent to be stunned against the ropes? If so, just grapple them with "x" and then hold down R2 & L2 at the same time, then you can drag them across the ring and prop them against the ropes.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

super macho dude posted:

How do you unlock the greyed-out moves in the moves list? If the only way is buying them as dlc, thats hosed.

I am guessing you are talking about My Career Mode? If so, then you buy movesets (like John Cena's move set, so you get the AA, STFU, etc).

I haven't noticed any greyed-out moves in normal creation mode.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Well, technically your back went through the table first?

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

The Authority has reviewed the tape and determined that in fact you were speared through the table.

You are both correct, thats why Big Show Steven Richards is your new champion.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

It just boggles my mind how folks can spend money on this. Seriously. Answer me o thread. Why this game. Why $60+/- bucks.

More than half your posts in this thread are making GBS threads on the game and complaining about people buying money for it.

My brother and I always pick up copies every year so we can play dumb matches before ppvs at each other's houses. Plus with the download content, it is a fun party game to have when you set up a Royal Rumble with Shrek, Howard Finkel and a weird Sonic monster hybrid as the final three. Yes, I know Fire Pro has creator content too, but the 2k community is alot bigger and has everything from wrestlers to wacky arenas. I play them both and get different experiences out of each.

Yeah, there are glitches, but I don't actively spend my time trying to break the game so I probably don't see them as much as other people. The 8 man matches also run like poo poo on my regular ps4, so there are definitely problems. Overall I have fun with the game (between multiplayer, setting up universe, creating content) and the amount of time I spend just doing those multiplayer matches with friends is worth paying for a new copy every year.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Speaking of Raw 2
https://twitter.com/WWEGamesOOC/status/1628970836215357440?s=20

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

pretty good WWE game, best one i’ve played since they became 2k(YEAR)

Just wanted to jump in with my brief experience of 2k23. On Easter we played a few matches with four human players, two of them have played the game a ton (my brother & his son) and then myself/4th person hadn't played at all. After a few minutes figuring out the controls, we had some really fun matches. There were still some bits where the two experienced people would do something out of our wheelhouse but we would quickly pick it up.

The best match was a four way dance 2 out of 3 falls match between Roman Reigns v Randy Orton v Kurt Angle v Stone Cold. The two more experienced players were my nephew as Reigns and my brother as Orton, which worked out great because my nephew was spamming the same few moves and my brother was just looking for any position to hit an RKO. Somehow we all picked up a fall, so it was a mad dash for one of us to try to get the last pin/submission. Had a good span there where we would barely be breaking up falls or taking out the ref to not count.

After that we tried an elimination chamber that was fun, but I think would have worked better if the CPUs weren't low difficulty. The couple of hours elevated the game from waiting for it to drop super low in price to being open to picking it up with a slight discount.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Sandman McMahon posted:

I got the deluxe version of 2k23 on sale last weekend and will say I have been enjoying it. The matches feel more epic than Fight Forever and I like the various gameplay modes. I’ve had fun with the Cena storyline and Universe mode, and now I’m playing the GM thing and that appeals to my weirdo brain in a very deep and meaningful way. I can play that poo poo for like 12 hours straight before I remember to do thing like “eat” or “sleep”. Haven’t done any of the create a wrestler stuff though, sorry about that.

My biggest complaint is there’s too many losers I’ve never heard of in the game and not enough old school guys. Like, I get that Sting and Chris Jericho aren’t gonna be in it, but at least put in the dead guys that wwe will own until the end of time. I just wanna play as Rick Rude, dammit. Or Test.

Yeah, I got it on a deep sale a couple months ago and feel the same way. Plus the CAW system is so great that you can easily download people that aren't in the game at all. It gets poo poo on a lot here, but I find the game to be a ton of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Gavok posted:

I'm writing a piece on hard boss battles and it has me thinking, who's the hardest final boss in a wrestling game?

I never played it, but I remember hearing how Jarrett in the TNA game was some special kind of Hell. Then there's the special Undertaker and John Cena boss modes in the 2K games.

Master Barnes is up there just because 3 Count Bout is virtually unplayable to begin with.

I remember having a ton of trouble with HBK in a cage match at the end of WWF Wrestlemania 2000's story mode. Could have just been me at the time.