Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Alan Trammell posted:

The most powerful card I've seen so far (in someone else's deck) is a super rare Mr. McMahon. That makes me laugh.

I managed to get a second blue Undertaker, so now I'm trying to train them up to level 20 and it is not easy, let me tell you.

I have a SR pro Vince and he demolishes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
^^^ Good on you for the Double Max McMahon, I did not have the willpower to hold off on combining mine. I think my cards were around 10/5 when I combined them.

As for the game itself, it really doesn't have enough hooks in for me to see myself keeping up with it after 2 days playing. There's just not enough past the surface to make the grind worthwhile. Fun for what it is, however. Makes me miss WWF With Authority. That was a hell of an online wrasslecard game.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I rented 2K15 from Redbox, played the Michaels / HHH showcase which started fun until I got to Katie Vick, then played the Punk / Cena showcase which started fun until I got to Kevin Nash, then spent the rest of my time in NXT mode. Trying to build up 3 finishers to do the torpedo DDT objective in Zayn / Cesaro while he's trying to neutralize your dumb rear end was as good of a challenge as I've had, without the gamey bullshit of Undertaker's spooky instant finisher in Beat the Streak.

On one attempt at it I tried to do a cool Sami Zayn suicide dive and realized they didn't flip the camera for the NXT arena like it's broadcasted, so I smashed into the table when he moved instead of the ramp. Got my 1 day rentals worth, may pick it up again to finish NXT mode, helps that I watch the show so I know the storylines, because apart from half baked VO they do little to set it up. Would have loved if they got the Showcase treatment. I hope the new console stuff has stuff like that, but then I see Bill DeMott renders...

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
You all do realize that PC... Mobile... it doesn't matter we can all make Yap Massacre the champ thanks to Mat Dickie.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
So on Raw they announced you can get 2k15 for the new systems and get the season pass for free.

Knowing that the season pass doesn't include all DLC, and the game is kind of a letdown, is this a deal at $40 for someone who is admittedly craving a new wrestlegame (I have been putting time into Wrestling Revolution 3d ffs)

Or is 2k15 purely a bargain bin game like I have inferred? $40 is about double my impulse buy max.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
If they don't make a fully fledged fighter with all of these Immortals assets they're leaving money on the table.

----------

I tried out a sick rear end monster truck game on iOS called MMX. Here is my truck, Jeff Dawg.

Jeff Dawg needs a big rear end flag to fly from the tailgate. How about this one?

Oh yeah, this game is lousy with IAP. WWECoin isn't worth poo poo.

Jeff Dawg doesn't have a chance.

Okay John Cena.

So this plays like a one button Excitebike. Keep the revs in the green to start, then mash the accelerator until you get to a jump, then release right before the jump.

When your first wheel touches the ground, slam back on the accelerator and repeat until the finish line. The more accurate your jumps and landings are, the more speed you maintain. It gets repetitive !

Thanks for putting on a shirt. Here are the trucks.

All in all I prefer Halloween Havoc for my monster wrassletruckin.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Does 2K and/or Yukes have an exclusive license or is it just for "simulations" or whatever. Because if they could write the big check to Netherrealm to make Immortals using the MKX engine that would be rad.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

GenericMartini posted:

who the gently caress cares. Let's talk about things that matter like JOHNNY loving CAGE in Immortals. Johnny cage is cool and good and I can't wait to spend my time grinding xp and tokens to get him.

Just fueling my fever dream of getting the full fledged game.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

epitasis posted:

i haven't made my universe yet but I'm just gonna do roh and new japan brands. the below list covers just about everybody necessary for complete rosters leaving two spots for my own CAWs

code:
CAW			NXT
Alberto Del Rio		Alexa Bliss
Becky Lynch		Apollo Crews
Braun Strowman		Asuka
Bubba Ray Dudley	Bayley
Charlotte		Biff Busick
D-Von Dudley		Bull Dempsey
Sasha Banks		Carmella
			Chad Gable
Legends			Dana Brooke
Hulk Hogan		James Storm
Road Dogg		Jason Jordan
			Johnny Gargano
NJPW			La Sombra
AJ Styles		Mojo Rawley
Alex Shelley		Nia Jax
Bad Luck Fale		Rhyno
Beretta			Rich Swann
BUSHI			Tommaso Ciampa
Doc Gallows		Tye Dillinger
EVIL
Gedo			ROH
Hirooki Goto		ACH
Hiroshi Tanahashi	Adam Cole
Hiroyoshi Tenzan	Adam Page
Jado			Beer City Bruiser
Jushin Liger		BJ Whitmer
Karl Anderson		Bobby Fish
Katsuyori Shibata	Cedric Alexander
Kazuchika Okada		Chris Sabin
Kazushi Sakuraba	Christopher Daniels
Kenny Omega		Dalton Castle
Kota Ibushi		Davey Boy Smith Jr.
KUSHIDA			Donovan Dijak
Minoru Suzuki		Frankie Kazarian
Ricochet		Hanson
Rocky Romero		Jay Briscoe
Ryusuke Taguchi		Jay Lethal
Satoshi Kojima		Kenny King
Shinsuke Nakamura	Kyle O'Reilly
Tama Tonga		Lance Archer
Tetsuya Naito		Mandy Leon
Togi Makabe		Maria Kanellis
Tomoaki Honma		Mark Briscoe
Tomohiro Ishii		Matt Jackson
Toru Yano		Matt Sydal
Yoshi-Hashi		Matt Taven
Yuji Nagata		Michael Bennett
Yujiro Takahashi	Michael Elgin
			Moose
			Nick Jackson
			Raymond Rowe
			Roderick Strong
			Scarlett Bordeaux
			Silas Young
			Veda Scott

it really should keep W-L stats itself but oh well. I'm def too lazy to track them and change ratings accordingly but that's a good idea

also I cheated a lil so as to include suzuki-gun

Youre gonna have to open a roster spot for Konnan and stable 'em with R-Truth if you want Legendary Road Dogg

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Fat Lowtax posted:

I simulated ten years into the future from like a 1998 dataset in TEW just to see wtf the game would spit out and a midget was the undisputed best wrestler in the world

ed: not daniel bryan but like medically a midget

El Torito is very good

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
When do they put Wrestler's Court in TEW? And can developmental skip training on Friday if someone does a jelly donut stinkface? Looking for realism in my sims.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

projecthalaxy posted:

Did anyone get into the UFC 2 beta and do you like it? I forgot to cash in my invitation.

The CAF is greatly improved in customizing your face and tattoos. You can make a great Jay Sherman

The clothing is very restricted, because Reebok.

The game play is refined, but fighting more or less feels the same. The AI still has no answer to spamming muay thai clinch knees.

The Ultimate Team mode is a money sink. If you played the mobile game with the hook of opening packs for moves and upgrades, it is a lot like that.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I keep seeing these suplex city promos for wwe 2k17 and I want Suplex City as a game mode, to be a beat em up where you are Mike HaggarBrock Lesnar, Mayor of Metro Suplex City just running through people. Like if Yukes tried to do Tekken Force on their duct taped behemoth of an engine (doesnt it still have code from Just Bring It!?)

Anyway that could be cool as hell instead of recreating Brock/Goldberg WrestleMania in Showcase Weirdoland where we pretend it was a ballin' match.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

super macho dude posted:

gently caress this poo poo, im trapped in the endless cycle of taking 6 hours to create a caw, moveset and all. I think I played one match in career mode before deciding the move set just wasnt flowing properly.

Half of my time 'playing' 2K16 was making sure my dude was just right

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I want to make it a Redbox night and have one day of glitchy rear end PS4 gaming. Mafia 3 or 2k17? I heard Mafia's issues are more PC-centric.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Optimist with doubt posted:

I feel like it should be super easy to make a pick up and play wrestling video game if they didn't have this simulation boner.

WWE all Stars was p much this and it was not bad for a first effort. Then nothing ever came for a followup.

Today WWE Immortals is your best bet in those regards, but man it'd be something if they just let the Netherealm crew run wild with those assets. A shame they are wasting their time with that fake comic book stuff

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
In WWE2k14 they had mixed tag matches, and if you so much as brushed against the other gendered opponent you were hit with an insta-DQ regardless of the ruleset. We tried about three matches that all ended in dumb DQ calls before we gave up and did Diva only Hell in a Cells. I imagine they "improve" on that by canning you into a tag animation whenever the other team tags out among other stupid decisions in appeasement of ???. I guess the logic is these are real performers as opposed to other games where this is and never has been an issue, but when Nintendo games and the dang Lego games are more lenient than the WWE games on the issue, its fuckin' goofy.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
IIRC they dont even sell the disqualifying blow, whether it is a chairshot or a clothesline, and everyone just stands around idly as if they are waiting to be taken to Video Game Jail for the atrocities committed.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

EdsTeioh posted:

I can't get my controller to do do gently caress all in FPW. About to refund this bullshit.

What controller setup are you using? I had some frustrating experiences recently with Steam not liking my wireless Xbox 360 receiver setup. I had to go into Big Picture mode controller settings and from that menu un-check the "Xbox configuration support" option for it to get to recognize my controller. YMMV, but check those settings out before you refund if you havent.

P.S. i declare myself official president of the Alex THE WALL Thompson firepro fanclub

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Dishwasher posted:

Anyone having trouble playing online? All I get is a black screen after the menus. Is this a port forwarding issue? It shouldn't be because I haven't had those troubles before.

Maybe 1/3 of all matches I have tried, both creating and joining matches have black screened on me.

If I do get a match, I have had our selected characters swapped a few times, i think it made the aj styles guy very angry to have to play with my exotico.

I have been trying to put on a performance in my matches, but it seems like most of the wrestlers I go up against would be better off mixing cement. When I get tired of them I will either go for weapons or just chickenshit heel up the ramp.

Also, my first couple matches were unplayably laggy, but i have had some relatively stable ones lately.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1089122300

Jerry Manhusky of GCW infamy is now available on FPW. I played around with his logic but he isn't quite as molesty as I had hoped based on one CPU match, so consider it a WIP!

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Vanity searched Manhusky and someone recorded my CPU logic stomping the poo poo out of theirs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QylQA46TS8s

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
When tapmania was first released I decided to go whole hog on an event for a weekend. Just tapping the poo poo out of it, prestiging, and always enabling the Jericho multipliers by watching ads, maaaan.

I finished around 10th-15th place in the dang world and received about 2% of a Brock card, 50% of a jobber card, and 100 gold (it's 500 to buy a basic pack.) Basically nothing.

Immediately uninstalled. Tbh it was fun to watch my team of Styles, Ambrose, Kofi, Sheamus, and myself (Beefy Shamrock) kick the absolute dogshit out of everybody with 5v1 NWO beatdowns though. Not the worst weekend i have spent with a game but no idea how someone could "play" it any longer

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I hope they kept the bitchin Randy Orton soundalike theme

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

It just boggles my mind how folks can spend money on this. Seriously. Answer me o thread. Why this game. Why $60+/- bucks.

that's about the going rate of 3-5 new action figures, and on this game you can play dress up dolls with around 100 rasslers + all the mary sues you can create. The gameplay is equivalent to smashing plastic toys together, so it's quite a value proposition if you think about it.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I downloaded the new wwe free to play game called Mayhem. Its a fighting game and it plays kinda like Immortals but with similar graphics to the match 3 game they put out. It’s alright.. i got about an hour in for the pay to win to really show up. First three guys I pulled from free loot were Styles, Rollins, and Cena.. but they are 1star versions out of 5. Decent time kill and you feel like you have more agency than most of these lovely wwe freemium games, but the mechanics don’t seem very deep at all.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

St Evan Echoes posted:

Did anyone else play With Authority! back in the day?

I remember wasting like £20 on it when that was a month’s allowance, and losing all the time

Hell yeah, I never put any money into it but I had a gimmick Shane McMahon deck that wasn't very good, but was set up to get some miraculous late-game draws to come from behind. When I would pull it off against a pay to win guy the immediate flaming in the chat was amazing

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

shortspecialbus posted:

So in UFC 3 Career Mode what exactly are you supposed to do when the difficulty shoots up by an insane amount? I just beat my second or third rival and am on I think my 3rd UFC contract now and all of a sudden all my opponents have higher stats than me by a ridiculous margin, like it's not even close. My fighter is kind of geared to a ground game but the opponents transitions are just lightning quick with a really short window to deny them which I usually miss because I'm trying my own transition to get out of the Full Beatdown position that I am all of a sudden finding myself in.

Is this just where I'm all of a sudden hitting a huge wall because I don't actually know the first thing about UFC and the difference between any of the grabs/holds/positions? Or is there some secret thing I can do that I can all of a sudden get mad stat boosts?

I have not played 3 yet but this is exactly how 2's career mode went regarding the huge stat disparities once you start facing name competition

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

shortspecialbus posted:

So is there a solution, so to speak, for it? Or is this just how it is and it stays this way and I'm consistently going to be wildly out-statted from here on out?

If so, OK I guess, and I'll just deal with it.

For UFC 2 it was lose, train more, and eventually get comparable stats. Until you come up against the elite guys like Bones Jones who are now 100 overall. Then I lost until retirement.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
They named names:

quote:

The following tracks were chosen for the WWE 2K19 soundtrack:

* Champion by Fall Out Boy (chosen by Alexa Bliss)
* Devil by Shinedown (chosen by Baron Corbin)
* Override by Slipknot (chosen by WWE Intercontinental Champion Seth Rollins)
* Passion by Awolnation (chosen by Daniel Bryan)
* Ric Flair Drop by Offset & Metro Boomin (chosen by Charlotte Flair & WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair)
* Rockstar by Post Malone (chosen by Elias)
* Skin by Bullet For My Valentine (chosen by The Miz)
* Spit Out The Bone by Metallica (chosen by Triple H)
* Survival by Eminem (chosen by WWE Champion AJ Styles)
* The 11th Hour by Rancid (chosen by Sami Zayn)
* Ungrateful by Wale (chosen by The New Day)
* Work Hard by Migos (chosen by Samoa Joe)

i saw rollins at a set your goals show, but i guess you never truly leave iowa

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Michael Cole puts on an inspired performance in the booth re-recording the NXT Daniel Bryan stuff lmao. Dirt sheets and basements and bingo halls and nerds and all the greatest hits

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I played a ton of Baseball Mogul and EWR, but every iteration of TEW I every tried just felt like too much to grasp.

quote:

You do the legwork of talking and wrangling people to show up(like a dating sim), the AI presents you with a card and finishes, you make the final touches and viola, wrasslin.

I'd gently caress with this

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Mmm, racism and lovely games. Two tastes that go great together.

Custer's Revenge mode where you have to tiptoe your way through bad sushi to gently caress Bubba Clem's wife.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
They're gonna carry over the pregame show load screens, Sam Roberts is just the Ernie Johnson model with Doink hair bolted on

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Cant wait for MyStable/MyFaction/My[Vince's-currently-approved term for a group of wrestlers] where you open your freebie/in-game currency poo poo-tier blind packs to hopefully upgrade the 64 OVR Konnor in your Big Man slot, while you instead get a duplicate Lars Sullivan that sells for jack poo poo and a few new Left Kneepads and a Tapout shirt for your created guy, buuut if you buy the limited edition The Man packs (Best Value!) its guaranteed to have a Super Rare Hulkster or some other nickle and diming scheme.

On the other hand, you'll probably get to do goofy minigames to work out in the performance center, and they might put the foam pit ring in

e: MyClub

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Cole: Tex Ferguson has the WWE universe behind him! What a move!

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I don't think the headshot pictures going around are nearly as bad/inaccurate as folks are making out, but wow this version is looking to be inspired-bad.

Cant wait to do my usual yearly tradition of getting the game at a deep discount, futzing with universe to get it as close to my headspace wrestling utopia as I can, and then completely abandoning it after the first in-game month.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Sandman McMahon posted:

Andy Organ and Harvee Dee are my favourite wrestlers.

Andy Organ’s sweet theme song had to be a quarter of that 2M budget

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
coco's ideas are about ten thousand percent more interesting than putting a coat of paint on the AKI games to me.

Let's get like...the Gang Beasts engine or give the @gackdaw guy on Twitter a budget and a programming team to make BLOOD AND GUTS the VIDEOGAME

https://twitter.com/gackdaw/status/1164904961324568580

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Brandon Cutler writing out the campaign while QT Marshall does everyone's mocap.