Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Solomonic posted:

Brock Lesnar incoming
21-Bo :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Various 2K15 tidbits:

-OMG moments not necessarily universal e.g. the barricade spear and some more personal ones are available e.g. Cesaro has the Swing.
-Abilities are customizable (some wrestlers can escape from the ring/power out of submissions, etc more than others. Also not everyone can climb the turnbuckles.
-Match pacing is still in
-Punk has not been scanned in for his character model so they'll have to recreate him from reference like some of the Legends.
-Superstar select screen has 92 spots not including Divas, managers and DLC.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Liar Lyre posted:

When is the roster reveal?
Today in about 3 hrs or so apparently.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
I just scored my first Super Rare (AJ) with POW 94 TGH 96 SPD 109 CHA 111 (and a special ability for +20 SPD)

Eva Marie's going down!

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
And now a Super Rare Second Wind card (+9 To All Stats)

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Supersonic Shine posted:

For those of you who played Supercard, who were your strangest tag teams that managed to have good synergy with each other?
Bray Wyatt and Kofi, oddly enough.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

If it does happen, and mods also happen, I eagerly await NJPW 2k15.
And do Goon Championship Wrestling gimmicks justice.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

sticklefifer posted:

The weird thing about Heel Cole is that they let him run wild with that poo poo up until his Kiss My Foot match with Lawler, then they toned him down after he was humbled, and then inexplicably decided to make him intolerable again in late 2011, especially in ANYTHING involving Daniel Bryan. I don't know how much of it was Vince telling him what to say, because there would literally be times when Bryan would be cutting a promo and Cole would be commenting "Ugh..." or "Oh whatever" of "What a hypocrite" after every single line.

Cole's comeuppance wasn't at all worth the nearly 2 years of torture on every single program. The worst part is they had no plans to change him until Lawler had his heart attack.
I can barely watch any Bryan matches from that era with the audio on because of how many times we have to hear "HE'S A NERRRRD!", "HE DOESN'T OWN A TELEVISION!", etc.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

flashy_mcflash posted:

I know we talked about this before, probably on my own prompting, but there's still no custom music on the next-gen systems right?
Nope.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

sticklefifer posted:

I'm wondering what the presence of manager characters is going to be like. Do we know if Zeb is in the game in any capacity?

I'd love the ability to assign a CAW manager. Mostly so I can create Joey Styles and AJ Styles and pair them with AJ Lee to make my dream stable of AJ AJ Styles Styles.
That would be awesome.

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Oct 2, 2014

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
PS4 will be getting an update soon which includes, among other things, custom soundtracks

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/10/16/ps4-system-software-preview-usb-music-player-new-home-screen-colors-more/

Time to prepare a USB full of themes...

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

coconono posted:

if its not a USB stick full of Ahmed Johnson soundbytes you're doing it wrong.
More themes need Ahmed Johnson soundbytes as the opening hook

"EAT A REEF!"

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTFTfyCld_E
That DDT...

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Davros1 posted:

I am utterly baffled at the removal of Create a Finisher.
Well, it was a nice idea at the time but animations don't really flow together, damage is generally minimal and it's open to abuse online. I'd be fine with them removing it for a year and bringing it back in an improved fashion. I'll miss the hell out of the crazy aerial/top rope moves and my Samoan Unprettier finisher though....

The removal of story designer, custom music and all the preset entrances is the baffling bit...

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Basic Chunnel posted:

Considering new outfits count as CAWs I'm wondering if you couldn't make hungry new upstart Nega John Cena. Shame you can't give him a Van Dyke.
You can give him a lot of awful tattoos and trashbag pants though.

Come to think of it, you can now make Nega John Cena using Darren Young...

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDkC811zIis

:drat:

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

PunkBoy posted:

And it looks like next gen still has at least some of the old entrances. They briefly showed the cell phone entrance.
That was the ONLY one they kept apparently!

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

PunkBoy posted:

Wait seriously?
Yep. That's one of the things everyone is pissed off about with the last gen version besides the lack of custom soundtrack and create modes. But they were nice enough to leave them with 100 caw slots...

Apparently it's because they used an actual WWE size ring for the mocap this year and so would have to redo a LOT of entrance animations from scratch due to possible clipping issues....still doesn't explain that goddamn phone entrance making it in....

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Nov 3, 2014

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

simosimo posted:

Shopto for some reason botched up my pre-order for 2K15, I was 50/50 on cancelling anyway so now I have. How quickly do these games normally drop in price? My interest has now shifted to GTAV on PS4, but I am still keen on getting 2K15 soonish?
You could probably get it cheaper on Black Friday.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

simosimo posted:

Yah, I've been pre-ordering all through the PS2 era to today, it's an institution for me - only let down was SVR2008. I know this game is going to be fun to experience, but 50 quid for a stripped down johnny rappadoo game, or GTA V?
GTA V definately. At least you can buy it in stores. It's officially banned in my region so I had to buy it digitally for the PS3...

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
The only thing that 2K can do at this point is a lot of make good free DLC to add stuff back in like match types and creation parts/entrances for wrestlers not in the game.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

pressedbunny posted:

If they attempted to patch this game in order to finish everything properly, I daresay the patch would be a bigger download than the whole original game.
Or they'd just end up releasing an updated version in 6 months ala Capcom.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Astro7x posted:

Hahahahahaha. Are you serious?
Nah XD. They'll just say "everything'll be fixed next year...maybe"

A man can dream though...

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

TheJoker138 posted:

Halo's day one "patch" was less a patch and more downloading all of the multiplayer separately though, so it's not actually overwriting anything.

What they should do is let Yukes make next years game, but also have a different team already working on 2k17 at the same time. And then fire Yukes as soon as 2k16 is done and make the new team the main team.
I'd be fine with them alternating the 2K series with a revived AllStars franchise (with DLC updates for each)

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
While I will get a PS4 soon, 2K15 will be the first WWE game I skip...and I own SvR 2008 and 2011. Instead, I'm thinking of recreating the Goon Championship Wrestling roster in 2K14 over the next year.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Big Show didn't just stop at stealing the Yes chant, it seems.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
And trust Cena to show up as literally Superman when everyone else is going for a fantasy/medievil motif.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Beef Waifu posted:

Admiral Brockainu has magma based abilities because in every image he looks like he's going to punch a hole through Cena's chest and traumatize Reigns

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Onmi posted:

Why would Cena be Ace in this situation? Wouldn't Ambrose be the better served person in this situation since he's the closest thing Reigns has to a Big Brother.

Wait does that make Rollins Sabo? The questions...
Yeah, that's pretty much why I didn't go with Ambrose and Rollins. I picked Cena because of the "Ace is Poochy" thing that developed between the long periods between his appeareances, which fits him (except Cena's there every week) plus it'll fall to Reigns to avenge him at some point down the line on his way to becoming The Guy.

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jan 30, 2015

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Daniel Bryan posted:

Heeeeeeeeeere'a Randy

That's an awfully fancy way to describe restholds...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Onmi posted:

Again, Pants. Why? They've ignored Randy Orton's quintessential character.
Every time I hear that, I keep thinking back to this one Twisted Toyfare Theatre comic where The Thing tells Silver Surfer he's not talking to him to he puts some pants on and when he does, Galactus sees him and says "Pants?! I didn't remove your genitalia so you could wear pants!"