Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Why are you posting pictures from an actual Raw and where is Stardust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

The best possible string of events. Wish the match with DB got a B+.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
If I get SuperCard on Android when it comes out, I want nothing more than for my top card, if it really is random as to whether a card is good or not, to just be Zack Ryder for the hilarity of that. #wwwyki

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

pressedbunny posted:

I like the broken chair legs floating on the middle rope. We've even still got the same wonky physics, hooray!

2kuality.

For real though this is good news because it means VGCW will still be rockin' in the new age.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Rare Swagger so I know I can beat any Cesaros that show up, and an uncommon Justin Gabriel. Close, but not quite a Zack Ryder.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
I like how a given matchup just takes like maybe 20 seconds so you can just flow through a whole bunch quickly. Now if only the game would give me the ultimate Zack Ryder and also a better diva than Common Summer Rae, preferably the best tier Eva Marie just for the fun of that.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Forceholy posted:

They're just buffs to a stat on the card.

So Del Rio is still in this.

It was probably made before he got fired. I like how my blue Swagger blows every Del Rio away, it's just like I'm watching Raw!

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Well I have some heat with SuperCard now, because it just froze after winning a match and now my Kindle Fire won't reboot or anything :v:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Got it working again and found a blue Mr. Perfect who can tag with Swagger :toot:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
The tag team of uncommon somewhat leveled pro Zack Ryder and Ricky Steamboat steamrolls over every tag match, including a rare Cena just now. Makes me happy.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Potsticker posted:

The good news is-- you're not spending money!

Yet? Maybe? :ohdear:

It secretly charges you $9.99 for every match, you'll get the bill after 6 months. That's the real reason why there's no cooldown timer!

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Please link that when it gets on Youtube, I have to watch the whole thing because I wasn't here for it.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

NienNunb posted:

Saw like 300+ new comments and thought Benoit or someone was confirmed for 2k15. What is wrong with you people?

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Sports Argument Stadium* > Punchsport Pagoda > Punchsport Pagoda Games Thread: WWE2k15 Discussion Only

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Antitonic posted:

Anyone who missed Russo booking EWR, it's been uploaded: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irE8uWCBzb4

He joins in at about 9:30.

Finally, I can experience the magic!

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

quote:

WWE2k15 is just WWE2k14 again

And that's why everyone should play SuperCard, the game that doesn't disappoint.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

sticklefifer posted:

What is "Use of Tobacco" in the rating? Old school Sandman entrance? :v:

If I had to hazard a guess, there's probably some cutscene type deal where someone can smoke.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
In 2k14 they would either stand or do the Brock dance outside the ring, I think in front of the commentary table, implying that they got into the ring during their entrance and then left the ring, then got back in.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

In my TEW, Slater and McIntyre just went over the team of Triple H and Brock Lesnar on Smackdown, so not really.

Your TEW is the best TEW.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

flashy_mcflash posted:

Ahahaha just got matched against a Supercard player named 'Only 9.99' with 9 losses and 99 wins.

You just matched against Vince McMahon.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Basic Chunnel posted:

They're not good

This guy gets it.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Skunkrocker posted:

Well I hope we get it and I hope it's on par with everything on the consoles.

Then we bring on the mods. :getin:

I hope so too, plus the addendum that I hope we can do custom music/entrance videos and maybe even have more than 100 CAWs.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
http://store.steampowered.com/app/344810/?snr=1_7_15__13

Didn't see this until today.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Why cookie Rocket posted:

What's the cheapest and easiest route from an unmodded PS2 and a copy of Fire Pro to having the ability to use one of those saves with all the custom wrestleguys?

The cheapest and easier route is probably a PS2 emulator, even when I was on a shittier computer it ran that game pretty much perfectly and I could do dumb poo poo like find out what happens when you pit Brock Lesnar against Nailz.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Well, I wasn't expecting the WWE games to start coming to PC but I was hoping they would.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Gough Suppressant posted:

I know this will be a bad port of a bad game but I'm buying it anyway.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
I hope it has the new paid Steam workshop mods so Zack Ryder can upload a CAW of himself and get paid for once.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Gough Suppressant posted:

I am psyched by the thought of mark Henry's hall of pain though

Hall of Pain is probably the worst of the DLC for it from everything I've seen and heard.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Skunkrocker posted:

"It'll be a bad port of a bad game."

Except it'll be infinitely modifiable because it'll be on the PC. Reason enough to spend forty five bucks right there. Imagine the matches you'll be able to have in the future with full correct animations, music, videos, lighting, and models, everything! Straight Edge Society vs Three Minute Warning. Insane Clown Posse vs Cryme Tyme. Kevin Steen vs Colt Cabana vs Chris Jericho. Sean Oliver vs Tom Phillips. Dean Ambrose vs Jon Moxley. Seth Rollins vs Jon Stewart. Owen Hart vs Chris Benoit. 30 totally different Randy Ortons in a Royal Rumble. Bugs Bunny vs Sonic the Hedgehog. Vegeta vs the ERROR model from Gmod. DickButt vs Grumpy Cat. Batista's Dick vs Naked Mae Young. The possibilities are endless and horrible! That's worth the price of admission as far as I'm concerned!

Mods cost money now, sorry friend.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
WWE 2k15 bad

Comprehensive list of other PC wrestling games: M. Dickie games

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Snacksmaniac posted:

It didn't unlock yet, did it?

tomorrow at like 1pm est or so

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
First thing when I open it: Florida-Georgia Line playing. It's already just like I'm living a Raw!

My first match was the real main event of WM30, R-Truth versus Roman Reigns with Ricardo as a manager. Unfortunately it was not officially sanctioned since I forgot to try to change R-Truth's entrance to his singing theme. Worked well and didn't lag, only notable problem was that the replays are hosed, otherwise it went exactly how that match should have gone (Roman Reigns sleeping until he hits his move and then R-Truth standing tall).

So, it's better than I expected.

E: No singing entrance?! This is actually the worst $30 I have ever spent ever, even if he shouts what's up after he wins.

Shima Honnou fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Apr 28, 2015

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
"This game will not be moddable" *60 minutes later most of the files have been opened*

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Golashes posted:

that owns. game's gonna own in like a month. is there still a CAW limit?

Didn't check since I've got other stuff to do but there is a download limit 20 per day at least (And nothing uploaded as yet, or the download servers are hosed)

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Testekill posted:

Everyone lacks the right graphics card, my processor isn't good enough since it's getting pretty old and computer shops are pretty much saying "gotta change out the motherboard, processor & ram"

I wish I knew how to build a PC.

All computers parts come with fairly detailed instructions that you should follow and barring that Youtube has literally every single step of the process available somewhere.

I run it just fine, thankfully. With ports you can't be too sure about how well something'll actually run.
(Note: I have a literally insane system designed to be able to do quick video conversion on a tight schedule and play video games otherwise, with a 980, an i7-4970K, and 32gb of RAM in it.)

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

LvK posted:

Nah, not the compression scheme, just putting videos in a semi-common format in an easily-accessed folder like it was 1999.

I'm glad of it that developers still do this, actually

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

The most generic face for a create a wrestler is Miz.

Yeah but what does that have to do with wrestling videogames?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Sold, and that was before I even read about how ridiculously easy it apparently will be to mod the game. :v:

I'm the one guy with the hat surgically implanted into my face.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

gypsyshred posted:

Do the controls really suck or am I just dumb? Is there a tutorial I'm missing?

X to punch or hit a dude when he's down, A to do your moves, Dpad to apply a taunt when your opponent is down or when he's up if you want to be a dick, Y to hit your REAL moves, B to pin or Irish Whip. R2 to reverse, L2 to run. I think L1 gets you out of the ring or whatever and R2 might swap between finisher and signature? If you get tied up it gives you a tutorial. I don't know if the limb target system or whatever is still how it was in 2k14 but maybe it is and I just don't remember.

Not a great game but I've spent worse for $30 and hopefully it encourages more Wrestling Games on PC later. I beat up Roman Reigns as R-Truth earlier by throwing Roman around a lot with the A button and doing poo poo like running and hitting A to do some kind of momentum throws and it was fun except for the lack of R-Truth's proper and good entrance. Would pose like Jesus again though.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

2K14 is actually the best Smackdown-lineage game since probably HCTP. 2k15 is not. At least now we know they are doing PC releases so when an actual good game comes out the world will be ready.

I really wish 2k14 had come to PC first, because even discounting the better make-a-whatever stuff, I really liked the base and DLC roster what with having so many classic guys compared to 2k15. Even if some of them didn't look that much like the actual wrestler.

Like, I can't even figure out how to rename my CAW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Let's get ready to suck it.