Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Oh god, Snake and Patatas for Tag Team Champions please Vince.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Digital Russo swerves Real Russo over White Castle Sliders! WE GOT DA DIRT!

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Commisioner La Parka Jr. books the Chicken Neck on a Pole Match! This is a travesty! THIS A PAY PER VIEW MATCH THEY'RE JUST GIVING AWAY! :bahgawd:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This is kind of making me love Vince Russo help me

Madison turned on Gail Kim and she and Paige murdered her AND her husband who just happened to be crowd. Who wouldn't love Russo for that?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

"Don't interrupt Mozart with your kazoo solo!"

My god, Brie Bella is cheating on her husband with Zema Ion! And a bunch of other guys apparently!

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

"This is like working with WCW run by Dixie Carter" - Vince Russo, TYOOL 2014

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Sockser posted:

Hit Ultra Rare tier :toot:

Hey cool! Now I'll never lose diva's matche--

Oh :smith:

I think the most important thing to take away from this is that Brie is apparently going to be using Daniel's Knee Plus as well as the Yes Lock as a finisher moving forward.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I Before E posted:

Speaking of Supercard, I think we might be in the same KOTR.

Reminds me of how I ran into Wojtek a couple weeks ago in kotr. At least I assume it was the same wojtek since that's a weird name. Guess he found another hobby to neglect his child for after WoW.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Jonny Angel posted:

I'mma buy 2K15, play MyCareer, make a big loving hoss, and try to become the most popular wrestler in the world by having as many big loving hoss-offs as possible. What should my big loving hoss be named, and which big loving hoss should I target for my first big loving feud?

Punch Rockgroin

Big Cass. He's seven foot tall and you can't teach that.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

achillesforever6 posted:

Big McLargeHuge

Roll Fizzlebeef

Stump BeefKnob

Put your helmet on, we're going to reach speeds of 3.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Does anyone know any good tricks or tactics for getting managers over in TEW? I mean, if you use someone who can wrestle as a manager or somebody who starts the game over like Bobby Heenan or Paul Heyman or something it's fine, but my attempts to build manager popularity from scratch all fail. Cutting promos doesn't seem to work no matter how good at talking they are, being featured characters in storylines doesn't seem to work, interfering in matches doesn't seem to work, being around for segments or matches that get high ratings because the guys they're managing are over doesn't seem to work. What am I missing?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Another TEW question: if there any benefit to having a lot of road agents? I know having two referees is smart because if one gets in a car crash or something you can get really screwed over by not having someone who can do the job, but I don't know if having several road agents has any similar upsides, or if that answer changes based on the size of your fed for that matter.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Basic Chunnel posted:

My main issue is that I don't want to be stepping on the toes of the existing Monday Night Wars game currently ongoing (which is a lot of fun, and you should read). I would be writing more heavily for that game if I were an active fan during that time in the business' history and knew the characters - I only know the broad personalities of most of the high card and the midcard is mostly lost to me.

Which is exactly why I make up as much stuff as possible and invent whole new personalities for as many characters as I can. I'm guessing in real life Hashimoto wasn't a vaguely mystical enlightened kung fu movie protagonist that may be partially based on Master Splinter and Raiden from Mortal Kombat.

But to answer your question I would love another TEW game to follow, the last one with the robots died and it made me sad, and I wish Rarity would come back.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Basic Chunnel posted:

I'll get to tweaking the gameworld then! I don't think Cpt Charisma's mod has been updated in a few months so we might have to start off pre-Summerslam, with Cena holding the belt and TNA at the precipice of doom. A good enough point to diverge, I'm sure.

And yeah Sanguinia, coming up with new characters is definitely fun (and required, if you're going to deviate from history), it's the in-ring stuff I'm less comfortable with fabricating. Knowing a guy's style, signature spots, the way they sell (or don't sell) is what I would pride myself on. There's wiggle room there too, of course. But that era of the MNW, that seems to just have put the New Generation in the rear view, seems so remote to me for whatever reason. I never knew HBK as an in-ring performer, I got in after he washed out and left before he made his comeback. The era I've always had the most solid grip on is this one, post-DB blow up. That's part of what made Rarity's thread so thrilling - I knew the context and could appreciate the juxtaposition (though of course, Goldust and Regal as Futures of the Business has its own thrill)

Rather than worry about the fact that I don't know most of those guy's signature style or spots, I just try to have the story of the match advance the overall storyline and showcase the character's personality. I don't know a drat thing about Hector Guerrero's wrestling and I know very little about Scott Hall's other than his match against Bret at RR 93, but I'm pretty proud of the match I wrote up between those two because it had a story, that story was consistent with their characters, and it had a place in the overall plotline of Hall's current match build.

I get your preference for a more true-to-life style of match writeup though.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

"The second-most successful TEW LP by default"

"Fewer Words, Better Reigns"

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Basic Chunnel posted:

Egregious no-selling? A win on a basic move? That's like 70% of Fire Pro matches

Maybe Bo's hip-toss is just the alpha and omega of hip tosses, like Arn's Spinebuster.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

KungFu Grip posted:

This is Evolved Orton and I kind of don't get his theme unless its Bane related. Are Kane and Rock the only guys without 2nd characters?

Randy told AJ Styles' jacket and the Shield's pants.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

TEW question: Does the Open Match tag have an effect on match rating? I know it makes the momentum lost/gained by the wrestlers involved lower, but does it automatically depress a match rating like Keep Strong, Protect and Dominate do? Or does it have no effect? Or even make the match better, since it means both guys get their full offense on display.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

ChrisBTY posted:

In my 96 TEW game Road Warrior Hawk has been WCW world champion.

For a year.

And Hulk Hogan has not received a single title shot in the 2 years I have been playing. So it's not all bad.

Meanwhile in the Monday Night Wars thread, William Regal is WCW Champion after forcing Randy Savage into retirement, Cactus Jack just took the WWF title off Goldust in a 6-man Hell In The Cell, and Kurt Angle is Heyman's corporate ECW Champion.

Brightest Timeline.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I want a quicktime event where I have to press X to understand Tie-jiri's wisdom.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I Before E posted:

D4 style QTE verbal debate with Jonathan Coachman

Minigames include FPS style beer hosing, catch the flying beer can, and a cooking game where you make cookies for Vince to start your heel turn.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Golden Bee posted:

Specifically, female Kurt Angle!

Rhonda Rousey?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

It kind of amazes me how bad the commentary and crowd are in these WWE games when the NBA 2k series is so incredibly immersive on that front. The way they have King, Cole and JBL talk in the most disgustingly generic soundbites that could apply to any match in any situation, the crowd's uninspired signs and unnattural reactions, they all ruin the atmosphere. I guess you can just blame Yukes and leave it at that, but it's still amazing that they let both these games carry the 2K branding when they are so far apart on easily comparable metrics.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

triplexpac posted:

God drat, Ted Turner just re-signed Brutus Beefcake on me. I wanted to let his contract expire!! :argh:

One time Ted Turner resigned Hulk Hogan for 80k a month without my consent when Scott Hall and Kevin Nash had Wage Matching. loving Turner!

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The knockouts in UFC 2 are unreal sometimes

SWEET. CHIN. MUSIC!

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Those stories about trying to get your game liscense back makes me never want to buy a TEW game unless they release it on Steam like they did 2010

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

That all sounds great.

I hope the Sausage Fest thing in kind of mutable though. WWF in the 80s didn't have a ton of sexy valets and lady characters. Elizabeth, Sherry, the occasional ladies match with Moolah or what have you. The audience had to be trained to expect Sexy Women with things like the Raw Girls before they later demanded them.

Speaking of which, is there any kind of system in the game for training your audience? Including elements they may not like at first but getting them to demand them over time via success/exposure? Because there ought to be. I know there's manual methods to change who your audience is and what they want, but one would hope it could be accomplished just through how the show is.

EDIT: This kind of system could also effect things like belt prestige. Title not in your main event for 4 PPVs in a row? The audience may start thinking it doesn't matter. Belt Prestige sort of works this way now, but it takes an absurd amount of time to shift. In reality even a few months of bad booking can ruin a title's credibility.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

ChrisBTY posted:

Dusty, Dustin and Flair have formed a clique in my game.
I'm a little scared.

Crockett Club 4Lyfe.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Testekill posted:

Montreal Aftermath or the 1983 (I can't remember the year, it might be 85) mods. Historical mods have characters rated on hindsight instead of how modern mods (2002 onward) let a lot of personal bias taint them.

edit: The big thing is that I'm more interested in alternative outcomes for history, I remember one ECW game where I made Edge (before he even wrestled in the WWE) a genuine main eventer who had a great feud with Taz and William Regal had an awesome World Championship reign.

Weird, Edge is ECW's superface in the Monday Night War game too. He won the title after an epic feud with Kurt Angle. The E in ECW stands for homo Edge.

I'm super excited to see some NWA historical mods with the new Alliance Title mechanic. I imagine it'd be really loving cool to build your local territory and your individual top guy and play the political game to try and get him made Champion, and see how long you can ride the money train once he is. You can also play the deeper game of plotting when will be the time to betray NWA and pull out to go into business for yourself like Vince Sr. and Paul E. did.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Testekill posted:

Someone posted this on the GDS boards which I didn't know could happen in game.

Taker's keepin' the young pups in line

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

triplexpac posted:

I booked HBK in a promo, and the results said he "invented a new catchphrase that will likely boost his ability on the microphone". Cool.

HBShizzle is born

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

triplexpac posted:

Yeah I'm hoping future scenarios tone down the drug use a lot. Like yeah, Jeff Hardy has issues, but he's not showing up to every single match completely wasted.

I just went and sent RVD to rehab, if he comes back and isn't a complete addict I'll probably send Kurt. That will be during the summer, so he'll come back just in time for the Road to Wrestlemania.

I'm playing a 2004 scenario and it's hilarious how stacked the WWE is. The Rock, Austin, HHH, HBK, Foley, Flair, Steiner, Booker T, Goldberg, the list goes on and on. I also hired Sting.

I decided to make Goldberg my company figurehead because I am a madman.

One of these days I'll have to look up Observer stuff about exactly what happened during Goldberg's run. I've heard third-hand that either Vince or Rock saw him as the potential company headliner for the forseeable future and that's why Rock put him over along with Brock on the way out the door, and also that there confidence in him is why Triple H was able to argue in favor of going over Booker at Mania, so he would be a strong enough heel to feud with Goldberg during an hit-the-ground-running Main Event push. Reports on exactly why he gave up after a year are pretty widely varied and seem to be looking for who's fault it is (Triple H, Vince, the locker room as a group, a subset of locker room bullies, ex-WCW guys with grudges, Goldberg's attitude, etc) more than looking for actual facts.

Either way, have Goldberg vs HBK Main Event Wrestlemania. That poo poo would own.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I bet that mod will be really fun with Sandow, Ryback, Cody, Zeb, Torito and FUTURE TNA CHAMPION ALEX RILEY all on the free agent market.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Has anyone noticed that indy guys gain way too much overness?

For example, in my game Adam Cole is RoH's figurehead, and I'm pushing him like a god for my 1,000 attendance Michigan indy (he's also touring with NJPW) but this still seems a bit..much..

It's rather bizarre having A* angles from him cutting promos on the same show that the semi main event is Cheeseburger and Big Daddy Yum Yum going over the Darewolf PJ Black and Sami Callahan

Roderick Strong is pretty much the same deal, although WWE hired him so he's at least appeared on national TV a couple of times.

Maybe the mod-maker was trying to give extra weight to smart fans over the general audience to represent wrestling current general status as mostly out of the Mainstream? Like, unless ROH has national TV I don't know how it could be possible for their Top Guy to have more NATIONAL overness than the entire WWE roster except John and Trips. Regional overness in ROH's home areas MAYBE, but not national.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

triplexpac posted:

I sent Kurt Angle to rehab in my 2004 WWE scenario, and he improved his behaviour and became my best friend :unsmith:

Just make sure you draft him #1 in the Brand Split or he'll be very upset with you for betraying his friendship like Vince did.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Why will he not put the drat game on steam like every other person in the universe. This e-license thing he does is complete bullshit that has no benefit for his customers that I can see whatsoever.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

"Do a hype video for the match we just did on this show. Because I'm Vince McMahon, drat it!"

Tonight's opening undercard bout at the Royal Rumble Pay Per View, the Royal Rumble match.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Testekill posted:

2016 actually runs the shows from the bottom up, so Sheamus won the world title and then won the royal rumble for shits and giggles.

The Hulk Hogan Special.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Testekill posted:

TEW is a serious game for serious people

Damnit, TEW spoiled the latest chapter of that one guy's fanfic that last I heard HE STILL WRITES.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Marquis de Pyro posted:

WWE sign every good worker in the game, and then put this show on

what the hell, too realistic

I really want to see that 4*+ Miz vs Goldust match.