Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

So I'm thinking of getting into this rad looking game but is the Falcon a ship that I'm really going to want but will be super hard to find and when I do find it will it be stupid expensive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Solo did nothing wrong.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Is there seriously no official Imperial Gunboat mini for X-Wing? Does FF even have plans to release one?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Lemon Curdistan posted:

No one knows, but considering they've mined the X-Wing/TIE Fighter games a lot for content and that they're running out of Imperial ships to release, it seems like a pretty good bet we'll be getting a Gunboat and an Avenger soon-ish. The Gunboat especially is easy to stat up.

That's why I'm surprised to read and see how they haven't included a Gunboat in the game what with the TIE Defender being a playable craft and all.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Hot Dog Day #31 posted:

The idea of spending 100s of bucks on an army then painting it, then buying landscapes, etc. just boggles my mind. Somebody told me the other day that there's a FAQ for each faction which costs like a hundred bucks by itself and that's just :psyduck: to me. Can't imagine going through all that and then not even playing that much.

People enjoy different things than me and it blows my mind.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

If I'm thinking of grabbing a Falcon from B&N, are there any other starfighters I should try grabbing that are going to be pretty hard to find later? The A-Wing? The Firespray?

vvvvv Alright I figured I'd grab both the Falcon and Slave 1 and leave the A-Wing, since I would expect that shouldn't be too hard to pick up somewhere local later (I hope)

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jan 1, 2015

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

So is there going to be a new Firespray released for the Scum faction that's going to be better looking, have better upgrades and just be overall better than the Firespray I just picked up from B&N?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Can anybody suggest a good starfield playmat that I can purchase online?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

alg posted:

These are inexpensive but they slip: http://www.miniaturemarket.com/hcd96669.html

Out of stock. Sucks because I liked that image on it.

The Sisko posted:

Frontline Gaming have a FAT mat specifically for X-wing that runs $55.

Ya right now it's been the between this, a DS'tone California Nebula mat, and a big square of glittery felt used as a mat.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I jumped into this game and now have: x2 core sets, x1 z-95, x1 tie

On its way: x1 falcon, x1 firespray, x1 rebel aces, x1 imp aces, x1 xwing, x2 tie, x1 tie int, x1 tie adv

I'm thinking of stopping by my LGS and picking up a b-wing, the lambda and the outrider (since this is all they have available). Good idea or bad idea or just whatever, shut up and buy?

edit: actually now that I have it all typed out I'm thinking of getting one more tie to make it an even 8 in the swarm..

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

You guys are right about how I should play some games with these things first before I go off the rails with purchases. My main concern at this point is having a balanced amount for both rebels and empire. I guess since the game's balanced to begin with it doesn't really matter on the ships themselves but more on their respective loadouts and how someone uses them in game, right?

I'll skip out on the Lambda and Outrider for now since ya, I've been eyeing up the Decimator. Though, I still sort of want a second b-wing for rebels since I just love the look of those things.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

All this Outrider talk is going to make me go and buy it now. Thanks, goons.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The Sisko posted:

X-Post from the miniature painting thread.

This is really cool.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Sadsack posted:

It's a massive, pointy, evil phallus. What more could you want?

It to not look like it came right out of some lovely EU-based fan fic?

That said, I don't hate it as much as I think there could have been a better choice.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Watchoo guys using to keep your modification and upgrade cards mint? Are there little teeny card sleeves out there you can buy from FF?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Is that a yes to there being small sleeves available for the damage deck and mod cards, then? Or do I just have to learn how to Google better?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Awesome. Thanks for the info and the links, goons.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

A binder is slick idea. The only problem I see with storing my cards like that is that I'm currently keeping everything X-Wing in a Plano and I sorta wanted to try and keep everything together.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I'm rocking the two sided Plano from the OP which doesn't exactly have much space to wedge a binder into.

But drat, that 4 pocket ultra-pro DOES look nice! I think I might need to find one online now.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Phrosphor posted:

I picked up a defender really cheap, I know it is a ship that a lot of people don't like due to the cost. I was wondering about a list with a defender with an ion cannon and Captain Oicunn ramming people for casual games might be fun to mess around with.

I also snagged a Defender pretty cheap, I don't even care of it's not very popular since i just wanted it because of the TIE Fighter computer game. I'm also curious if there's any build based around it worth trying, but if it only turns out being ok during casual play then that's just the icing on the cake.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Speaking of Jek Porkins, it annoys me greatly that in order to get his pilot card I need to shell out for a big ugly transport that I'll probably never end up using and hardly have storage space for.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

jivjov posted:

If you want, I'd be willing to work out some kind of split-up deal with you. I have an insane need to get 3 Transports in order to run that one mission from the manual, but have no real need for a 5th X-Wing.

Sure. If you accept PayPal and can ship things internationally since I'm from Canadia, then I'd be down for working something out for whatever you don't need in that set.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Langolas posted:

So does anyone have a good way to store the smaller upgrade cards in a binder effectively? I've been trying to find one of those smaller binders to put things in but can't find any card sheets that the small FFG cards fit in.

Options were discussed only 5 pages ago. Check page 62. Basically there's sleeves from FFG and sweet 4 pocket Ultra-Pros that store upgrade and pilot cards nicely.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

overdesigned posted:

Goddammit, these squad tokens from Team Covenant are making me want to spend like $60 on bits of plastic for a game I haven't even played in months.

If only I didn't have a zillion perfectly fine and usable tokens already I would throw money at these in a heartbeat.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

zVxTeflon posted:

Miniature Market deal of the day:

Outrider Decimator combo for $28
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/mm-deal.html

:captainpop: :chanpop: :captainpop: :chanpop:

Welp, looks like I need to make room in the plano for a Decimator and YT-2400.

:negative:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

susan posted:

Aaaaaaaand the excuse I needed to buy a Mat from Miniature Market is handed to me. Sorry wallet, I do not mean to hurt you so...

Is that the pre-order FFG one or is there another one on the site that I didn't see?

Edit: Nevermind! There's a bunch of different ones on there that I failed to notice!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Rules? But I just want to fly my little space ships around at a tournament while I make engine sounds and go pew pew pew! gently caress this game.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Andraste title is usable by Imperials.

I have yet to finish X-Wing Alliance but this seems wrong to me.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Frobbe posted:

i plan on eventually owning at least one of everything this game has to offer. it's a most terrible affliction!

I know this illness all too well. :sympathy:

Now if my FLGS would just get some Scum and Villainy in already. I have a fever and the only cure is more X-Wing.

Specially some goddamn Aggressors.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Feb 23, 2015

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Feels good man.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Welp, all my local gaming stores got restocked but none of them got any S&V and wont be for at least another couple of months. gently caress those guys.

Jumped online and ordered me up a couple of IG2Ks, a StarViper and a Most Wanted. :homebrew:

Still humming and hawing about getting a couple of Scyks though. Anyone have any builds that include them worth considering?

parabolic posted:

I decided to make an Assault Gunboat inspired Lambda conversion.

This is cool as hell. As another fellow fan of the assgunboat I'm hoping it somehow makes it into one of the future expansions planned by FFG.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Feb 27, 2015

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

It's nice to know I can use my two rebel Z-95s as a scum Z-95s after getting MW and no one will bitch at me for not having the scum dials for them.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

You could just proxy a few scyks and have some casual games and test things out that way?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Chance II posted:

I painted my M3-a Interceptors to match my scum Headhunters. I haven't decided if I want to try drawing the Black Sun insignia on with a micro pen or just leave them as they are.

These look wicked as is but if you think you can add the Black Sun insignia then I say go for it.

I don't even know where you'd place it though since they don't look like they have much open space on them.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Real nice work. That N'dru repaint really inspires me to give that a scheme a crack once my MW pack shows up.

Hopefully it wont end up looking like this one.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Mar 5, 2015

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I really like the Prototype A-Wing scheme, but I also really like many of the custom Green Leader repaints that people are doing, so I don't blame them for going for that over the Prototype look.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Speaking of the Raider has there been any word or leaks on the pilots or upgrade cards included in it for the TIE Advanced?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Poopy Palpy posted:

Technically Kath's ability is all but unusable, since Scum Firesprays can't fire out of their rear arcs. Check the rules: in order to shoot your primary weapon out of an auxiliary arc, you need the Primary Weapon icon with chevrons on the top and bottom, which none of the Scum pilot cards have.

That's got to be an graphic design oversight. Their Firespray flight stand tokens show the rear fire arc, don't they? (I don't have the MW pack yet, so I can't check to confirm).

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Tekopo posted:

Yeah it does, but the card doesn't.

So does the lack of the chevrons on the card actually mean that the scum Firepsray pilots have no rear fire arc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I don't think it's very 40k to assume that scum Boba's Firespray wouldn't lose its rear arc due to him being part of the faction or that the lack of forward/rear chevs on the pilot cards firepower icon is just an accident.

But then again I'm very new to the game. I'm also not a TO or know anyone in the Xwing scene who knows somebody who has an uncle who works for FFG. I'm just basing this on my gut feeling. :colbert:

• Locked thread