Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Improbable Lobster posted:

Make sure to loudly tell them that the EU is non-canon any time they mention something like that

Eh, the FFG stuff draws heavily from Legends anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Sorry, but that's non-canon

Yes? That's what the Legends stuff is?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Yes, it isn't canon.

Correct. Disney has its own new Canon now (some of which FFG has already started using)

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Was there even a joke at all? FFG draws heavily from both Legends and Canon, so saying "that's not canon!" doesn't really mean a whole lot.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Weirdneal posted:

Pretty much every store got shorted.

Not to humblebrag (I didn't buy any of the new ships because I'm so far behind on everything...) by my FLGS seems to have gotten 2-3 of everything.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Chill la Chill posted:

I keep telling this to the guys who don't think a giant-rear end engine is what makes the tie fighter go fast, but they keep insisting it's a window!
But...the twin ion engines that give the TIEs their name are mounted on the lower hemisphere of the backside...

jivjov fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Mar 30, 2016

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

AndyElusive posted:

Ya this should be in the OP.

:allears:

Your wish is my command

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Chemmy posted:

What the gently caress is SHEEV?

Palpatine's first name.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
OP updated with the new hotness!

Iceclaw posted:

Some TFA based RPG, same or similar mechanics to Edge/Age/Force.

It's just a 4th Beginner Box set for the same RPG system

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Oooh shiny new ships. Happy to see the Prequel era getting some love, hope it's a portent of things to come.

I'll get the OP updated after work

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
It's weird interactions like that that make me wish all game rulebooks were as well written as Dominion. Everything is literal and specific.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Ringo Star Get posted:

When these FAQs come out, do you guys use them immediately or say, casually? I generally play at my FLGS once a week - it's not a league but just XWING dudes hanging out and getting in some matches.

I'll point out things (but still let them slide) that are now incorrect under a new FAQ but used to be legit for a couple matches before actually "enforcing" it. Most people will say "oh, that's not legal anymore?" and redo

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Only three ships in Wave X? What are the odds of an extra addition like the first TFA ships were?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Star Wars IV: X-wing Miniatures III: Age of Palpatine II: Attack Wing

The Dark Forces naming scheme....I like it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

jivjov posted:

Only three ships in Wave X? What are the odds of an extra addition like the first TFA ships were?

I like being right about things.

I'll update the OP shortly.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Welp, Assault Gunboats might actually get me to play this game more. I love X-Wing..I just never get it to the table anymore :(

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I forgot to post last week..but happy third birthday to this thread!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Raged posted:

Rumour Mill is working overtime saying FFG is releasing a unannounced product on Force Friday II (Sept 1st). Anyone heard anything?

Well, it's be in keeping with last Force Friday giving us the updated Core

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I'm sadly kinda tempted by it...I have no desire to get sucked down the rabbit hole of another collectible game (I haven't touched the LCG in over a year and I still buy every pack)....but a self contained 2 player game might be worth it...

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Dave Filoni's already hinted at a new project. Something about him still being the director of animation once Rebels is done.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
After seeing The Last Jedi, there's a couple things they could mine for X-Wing, beyond what they already did. minor spoilers, but only for ship types:

Some kind of tiny Resistance shuttle, a new type of First Order shuttle, they could bring in the Resistance transports as an Epic ship; new A-Wings

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
What's the best way to liquidate a collection of X-Wing stuff? As much as I love this game (and will continue updating the OP forever); I never get to play and I haven't even bought any ships since Wave 6.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Man, I'm not even sure how I'd go about pricing it. It's all older ships, and while I haven't beaten them up or anything, I haven't gone out of my way to keep them in mint condition or anything

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

canyoneer posted:

Check some eBay sold listings. You should expect to sell for 30-50% off MSRP.

If you have any promos or extra goodies worth ~$10 or more each, you should sell those individually. The kind of person buying a huge wave 1-6 lot probably isn't going to value those very highly

No promos for me sadly; guess I'll list it at half off MSRP and see if it gets bid up from there.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
This wave sure makes OP organization a pain...do I put Saw's box with the Wave? Or in the Aces section? For now it's in the Wave as the article indicates..but I dunno.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Wouldn't that be a Pentajumper list? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

And with this...I send my giant thread to its sleep. Thanks for posting here, hope the OP was a decent resource :)

• Locked thread