Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Yeah, I'm still disappointed FFG didn't made Kyle Katarn the badass he is. My childhood! :argh:
I did have decent results with a Kyle in the Moldy Crow, funneling Focus to Garven, who funneled it then to Wedge. Though, I'm think of subbing Wedge for the PS6 B-Wing, because it's another fighter I'm very fond of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Probably going to play on tomorrow evening, and I was thinking of fielding this , well, stub of a list:
A fat Kyle (title+recon+blaster turret
Garven Dreis, which would act as my main hitter, dont know what kind of upgrades to give him
Biggs, probably with a shield upgrade and R2D2.
What do you think so far, considering I own the following:
Starter set
X wing
B wing
Hwk 290
Imp aces
Tie Defender

Iceclaw fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Sep 9, 2014

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Ville Valo posted:

I was under the impression Pilot Skill caps at 10 regardless of upgrades; is that not the case?

Roarke specifically sets someone at 12 once per turn, which beats the highest naturally achievable PS, 9+2(Veteran Instinct)

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

That, and well, Flightsims as a genre is dead as a doornail. It stayed a pretty niche genre back when most other genres became mainsteam.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

:neckbeard:
X-Wing Alliance!

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

I'd say an impressed one. But that's just me.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Will the S&V upgrades for the HWK be available to rebels as well?

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Tekopo posted:

If you mean Illicit upgrades, no, those will only be available to S&V.

I don't know what they are releasing for it at all. But yeah, if it's only for S&V I'll be pretty disappointed. I like that ship.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Speaking of which, does anyone has a guide regarding liste building basics?

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Find new friends.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Sometimes the dice god just decides it wants you to get it. Badly.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

signalnoise posted:

How exactly do asteroids work? Do you take damage when you fly through them, or land on them, or both, or what?

Stopping on makes you lose your action and attack iirc. Any contact has you rolling a red dice for a possible damage.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Chill la Chill posted:

Hawks are good now. You will not believe how tanky the PS0 ability guy is. I have had to kill Kath first because it was easier than trying to get at that stupid thing. Also better choice, but I've tried killing both and it just stays alive. Might have to write down stats cuz it might just be several skewed results.

Is there anything to make Rebel HWK good though? Or are my dreams of a non-gag list featuring Kyle Katarn destined to remain dreams?

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

The HWK could use a bit of a boost, too.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Feeple posted:

If peoplecome to tournaments expecting to pay rent or their car payment by winning X wing, poo poo is going to get real intense real fast.

Yeah, this. Start putting significant rewards and you give players a pretty good incentive to be really intense about their plastic spaceships games. And not in a good way.
This aside, does anyone has a good ressource for listbuilding and playing for dummies?

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Chill la Chill posted:

This is the only thing good Star Wars related in comic book form:

Space-Mullet - Green Leader
http://www.space-mullet.com/2015/06/05/green-leader/

God loving dammit. A Star Wars fan comic got me mist eyed.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

"A un autre vaisseau", to another ship, verbatim. "To another of your ships" would be "A un autre de vos vaisseaux".

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Otisburg posted:

https://youtu.be/PN_CP4SuoTU?t=211
Depicted:
28 points well spent.

Meaningless derail, but Christ almighty do the comments on that video drive me nuts, even though I'm pretty insulated from normal youtube fare. I mean it's a pretty sweet video, but the amount of nerds cheering on an overwhelming space fascist fleet pounding on a bunch of transports is unsettling as hell.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Some TFA based RPG, same or similar mechanics to Edge/Age/Force.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

So, I was out of the loop for, err, since the Imperial Veterans was about to hit store. What happened since then? Are 3 X wing lists still a possibility? More importantly, is my man Kyle Katarn/the HWK finally viable?

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Goddammit FFG. You had one job! :argh:
Anyway, are there new things on the horizon save for the TFA Falcon and Poe Mk2?

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Okay! Rebel Ties seems exciting. Please tell me it's Sabine. :allears:

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Chill la Chill posted:

He's in the Dengar zone now

:vince:
Perfect. Just perfect.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

So how do you guys build lists? I'm at a bit of a loss about where to start. I own a fair bit of ships, most I bought/was gifted when I couldn't play and I'm bit drowning in options.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Thanks everyone for the advices. (Though I really need to catch up on the meta. Most of those nicknames are unknown to me). Is there a good resource somewhere on ships and their stats and weaknesses and popular builds?

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

So, what do you think of this?
Here!

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Thanks! I don't own Autothruster, might pick up its ship this saturday if I don't get an E and K wing first. Keyan however will probably change as you recommanded. I thought about using TB to set ships up for Outmanoeuvring Tycho, but that's apparently a mistake?

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Oh yeah I was seeing Farlander as being PS8, not 7. How about switching Opportunist for VI?

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Went back to the drawing board. How is that?

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Strobe posted:

How does Keyan get stress in this list? If he can't get stress, why are you using Keyan?

That doesn't mean the concept is bad, but if you're not using his ability you might as well use someone else.

Would swapping VI for PtL be a good idea then?

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Okay, PtL it is then. Cheers!

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

As long as you know why you failed/got hosed up, it's not a loss. All trees start at ground level.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Would you mind explaining what make it so? I know that the basic Defender is overpriced, but why is one so much better?

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Went 0-3 on my first tournament in forever. While I messed up a fair bit, I'm not really impressed by how the game seems to have a huge powercreep seeping in, especially in the last few waves.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

And I just whiffed 3 5 dices attacks. In a row. 0-4. I think I'm not going to play this game anymore.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

bunnyofdoom posted:

I did that my first time playing too. There is a reason I had munitions failsafe on Jake Farrell til autothrusters came out

I had it on the two A Wing. As well as a focus. I just got 5 blanks each time. No eyes or hit, just 5 blank sides facing me. And one of the ships didn't got to shoot again because his Ghost got all of the crits in its retaliatory strike and overkilled my ship. :argh:

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

So did mine. I got the Ghost. :getin:

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Swastickas?

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Nerf this. :smug: