Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I hope you got that edit key primed for after the In Flight Report tomorrow. I can't wait to see what's going in that empty spot in the display case :getin:

Also, are we going to make this the X-Wing/Armada megathread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Veritek83 posted:

Has anyone nailed down a release date on Armada yet? I assume they're not selling stuff at GenCon, but then again, they're selling Wave 5 earlier than I thought they would be.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_upcoming.asp says Q1 2015.

vvEditvv: Hey, Q1 is a three month window! I'm sure they'll make it. :rolleyes:

Carteret fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Aug 15, 2014

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

There was nothing announced by FFG today that I am not excited about. :getin:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

:siren:X-Wing National Finals!:siren:

:psyboom:2 motherfucking Falcons vs Whisper, Captain Yorr(!) & Soontir Fel:psyboom:

My worldview... has changed.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Grats dude! That's a respectible finish. 90th percentile :)

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

alg posted:

Imperial player plays at my store. He's a great guy and a great player. He plays a LOT.

I wish I could play with you guys more :smithicide:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Caddrel posted:

I just noticed that the StarViper comes with seven ion tokens :stare:

I see it has ion torpedoes, so it looks like they are being generous as to how many ships you can fit in range 1 lol

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Indolent Bastard posted:

Is there a full list of all cards and what set they come from? Or better yet images of the cards?

http://www.afewmaneuvers.com/topic/573-full-card-list-by-expansion/ is kept pretty updated.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

pbpancho posted:

Is anyone else going to be at Worlds this week? I'm in Flight 1 tomorrow.

I'm in the air now fliying in to Minnesota. I'm in flight 2, however.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Finished up for the night dropping after round 5. 3-2 is a respectable record for someone who hasn't flown a ship since july. Heading back for the night to stress out about my netrunner decks for tomorrow morning. :negative:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Chill la Chill posted:

How much was registration? Trying to see how much to set aside for next year.

40 bucks if you preregister, 50 week of.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

There was so much beer going around friday night into round 4 I'd be amazed if there was a single player not imbibing.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I played in 6 rounds of xwing at worlds, and only played one douche: everyone else was extremely chill and relaxed, and fun to play against. I feel like that average is still quite hard to come by in most miniatures games.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

FFGs official Judge program, along with floor rules, will help a lot in stuff like this. Right now almost everything comes down to a judgement call on the spot. Some kind of unified, detailed document that sets a standard is coming, but maybe not soon enough.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

enigmahfc posted:

You ever play of round of X-Wing and you do so bad it makes you want to sell the game and never look at it again? That was my night. It was miserable. I'm fine with losing (i normally do), but when my four rebel ships fail to destroy a single Academy Pilot from a swarm of 7 TIES over three rounds, I feel a little like the dice are telling me to go gently caress myself.

Buy new dice, and melt your other dice when your new ones arrive. Make sure the new ones watch, so they know what happens if they fail you.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Two of the LGS's that I play at in alg's area sell below MSRP and offer great gaming spaces. One even has a liquor license with craft beers on tap! He may just be spoiled with good options. The most local LGS to me is over 2 hours away, so I resort to online most of the time.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

alg posted:

Watching drunk warhams in tapout shirts yell at each other is the best thing about Atomic

Seriously. A close second is the Magic goons getting sauced off of 1 beer and being socially inept.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Is the Falcon expansion getting a rerelease? I see a couple sites listing it for early 2015. I just picked up the base game, along with the Outrider and Rebel Transport expansions.

Bookmark this if you are interested in keeping up with FFG releases.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

jivjov posted:

Wow, the Raider is a completely original ship. FFG has just managed to add to the (presumably Legends) EU, and that's pretty cool.

They worked with Lucasfilm Ltd., and it's coming out post Canon purge. Does that make it not Legends?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I know the Scum and Villainy stuff is coming out and now we have the huge Imp ship, but have they discussed anything else for the future? It seems like every miniatures game I get into eventually loses steam and dries up after a year or two.

Good news! We are heading into year 3, and they keep showing us awesome poo poo.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Potential BFF posted:

Oh man, I have been waffling about getting into this and that Imperial corvette is hot. Tie Interceptors are getting a re-release, right?

Yup!

This is your weekly reminder to bookmark this page if you are trying to track something down that is seemingly out of stock everywhere.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

:shrug: I dunno, everyone would probably get a kick out of it at the stores in Raleigh :shrug:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

AndyElusive posted:

Is there seriously no official Imperial Gunboat mini for X-Wing? Does FF even have plans to release one?

You know about as much as we do. They may!

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I'm torn between a Fat Han Tala Mini-swarm I flew at Worlds, or the Jonus Brothers build that was infuriating to play against. 4 Dice regardless of engagement range, and 90% of the time getting 2 free rerolls :argh:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

They aren't back in stock, its just that no one buys poo poo from Barnes & Noble because they charge MSRP so they still have inventory.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

My bounty so far from B&N:
2 TIE Advanced
2 TIE Interceptors
1 Firespray
1 A Wing
1 Y Wing

Got hard to find stuff, and filled in missing holes in my collection. :getin:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

General Battuta posted:

If I just want to play this game for a day with my brother, is there anything reasonably cheap I can grab that'll still be fun?

A core set can be had for a pretty reasonable price, and you can treat it like a board game. I doubt after you play it a few times that you can resist the urge to collect all of the pretty space ships... :getin:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

You can talk poo poo about Fat Han lists, but sweet jesus christ I've never seen so many Corran's in one place in my life. 4 of my 5 matches today were against fat rear end Corran Horn's and some flavor of YT. The other was a BB Chewie list.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

The Gate posted:

Yeah, I poked my head in for a few at the store, but I wasn't able to play today. There were a lot of Corrans, 3700 lists, and Decimators. Some dude had apparently never seen a Corran before and was receiving a rude awakening about what he does and how the FCS works.

Were you the goon pointed out by alg?

vvvEditvvv
Nice! I was (one of) the red bearded fucks at the far end of the table. The one he said that lame stairs poo poo to. :v:

Carteret fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jan 11, 2015

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

alg posted:

edit: at least I made that one dude feel bad for buying a bunch of promos on ebay.

Haha I heard him talking about all that poo poo he bought, and how hard it was for him to get them. I just kept thinking "whaaaaaaaaale"

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

bunnyofdoom posted:

so worse ship? Hwk or advanced?

I'd say any Advanced that isn't Vader is the worst.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I guess FFG doesn't have to worry about shapeways for a while.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

To be fair I have found that the laser arc checking actually cut down on the arc arguments. I have custom movement templates cause they look awesome.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

jivjov posted:

My cards for x-wing are all sleeved and the kept in 9-pocket pages in a binder. The upgrade cards fit nicely two-to-a-slot, but it can be a bitch to get the bottom one out, so I never double up two different cards, only duplicates.

This works amazing with side loading pages, and you don't have any problem extracting the bottom card.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

The 4 pocket Ultra-Pro Pro-Binder is awesome and is easy to tote around while remaining small.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Devlan Mud posted:

I just ordered one on amazon based on that picture for about nine dollars. I'll get a nine-pocket one pretty soon for pilot cards because I've been really lazy about getting a legit storage solution for X-Wing cards.

Did someone say pilot cards?!

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Tekopo posted:

Official X-Wing playing mats from FFG. They'll probably be more expensive than other alternatives.

39.95. Not terrible for what you are getting, especially if they are the same material as their playmats for the LCGs they give out. (It's the same material)

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I have a gorgeous solution that works for me, but is expensive and probably unreasonable for most people to tote around their dumb plastic spaceships.

I picked up a Portable Warfare bag in rebel orange, use a small plano boc for tokens, and two 4 pocket ultra-pro binders for pilot cards and upgrades.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

susan posted:

So turns out I lost my 2-Bank maneuver template somewhere at a tournament last week, which sounds like the perfect excuse to upgrade to an acrylic set. What's the set of choice for y'all? Cheap would be good, ugly is acceptable, online availability with decent US shipping is essential.

Team Covenant has nice templates. Available in tasteful wood options, as well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I used to live in KC ( now in NC) but in the 2+ years this game has been going I haven't heard ANYTHING about x-wing there. Where do you guys even play? Did anyone go to Worlds? I didn't overhear anyone talking about KC/K or KC/MO.

• Locked thread