Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived...
Holy gently caress, when did Plano boxes start looking like Transformers playsets? Some part of my brain just started twitching with an urge to collect the boxes themselves...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

Is there really a need to sleeve cards in this game? It's not like you shuffle/handle them constantly.

But I'm a savage... I don't even sleeve my Netrunner cards...

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

Secret reveal for Scum faction will be that they are led by Porkins.

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

This actually happened last night. I am a nerd. (that TIE didn't get to celebrate his escape for very long)

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

Did videos ever go up for the Gencon finals? I really want to see those.

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

Clearly that is the one Lando pilots.

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

alg posted:

Why do Advanced and Inteeceptors just get straight up fixes but X-Wings have to get hilarious drawbacks to use boost or barrel roll
What was the interceptor fix?

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

The X-Wing upgrade is going to be whatever the Episode 7 updated X-Wing pack will be. Also blingier TIEs.

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

The K-Wing looks like a large ship on a small ship base.

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

Potential BFF posted:

If Fantasy Flight has any sense at all this will be released sooner rather than later.

I didn't realize the thing on the left was a gun at first. I was imagining two TIE cockpits, but someone put one on backwards, and all it can do is spin in place superfast.

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

DJ Dizzy posted:

Armada isn't really a roleplaying game. Unless you are roleplaying a grand moff eradicating rebel scum.
Tarkin does come in the core set, doesn't he?

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

Cobbsprite posted:

Autothrusters are useful, but I'm not so sure about Stealth Device. The extra green die is nice and all, but it pops off too easily with a little bad luck. I'm terrible about luck.
I find autothrusters + targeting computers to be pretty drat nice on interceptors, if your opponent is using tanky ships.

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

Is this a terrible idea, or an AWESOME idea?

Biggs Darklighter (33)
X-Wing (25), R2-D2 (4), Shield Upgrade (4)

Chewbacca (44)
YT-1300 (42), Draw Their Fire (1), Tactical Jammer (1)

Gold Squadron Pilot (23)
Y-Wing (18), Ion Cannon Turret (5), BTL-A4 (0)

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

Orvin posted:

At a cost of 6, that seems a little expensive. But I guess any turret upgrade that can shoot to range 3, especially if it doesn't need a focus or target lock will have its uses.
It would certainly be good at stripping off stealth devices.

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

grassy gnoll posted:

Vader, Saboteur, and Rebel Captive: which two?
Vader plus Gunner :getin:

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

Endman posted:

Omicron Group Pilot (21)
Fire-Control System (2)
Darth Vader (3)
Gunner (5)
Soontir Fel (27)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Stealth Device (3)
Royal Guard TIE (0)
Carnor Jax (26)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Stealth Device (3)
Royal Guard TIE (0)
Total: 100
View in Yet Another Squad Builder

:unsmigghh:
That list is making me feel all tingly in my pants.

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

How good in real games is Oicunn + Decimator Title + Engine Upgrade? It sounds solid in theory, but so do a lot of things...

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

Poopy Palpy posted:

What is the engine upgrade for? Are you trying to boost away from the guy you overlapped so you can shoot them? That seems like it won't work very often. You know that you can't boost into an overlap, right?
You can boost through a guy though, as long as you don't overlap at the end. It seems like small-base ships could be boosted past most of the time, using the bank options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

Visual guide to pinwheel: http://teamcovenant.com/klutz/2014/04/29/understanding-the-pinwheel-formation/

How to use a quarter to set it up: https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/110115-earning-your-wings-a-guide-for-understanding-movment/page-5#entry1157409

• Locked thread