Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
200cc?! no one can live at that speed!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I voted for the Splatoon Inkling for Smash Bros, and you should too.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Waltzing Along posted:

Hoping Conker gets some votes, too.

And a VC release would be awesome.

Microsoft own Conker.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fix posted:

I don't think it's ever been said by anyone in this thread yet, but Tropical Freeze is a v good game with v good music.

It's also good for co-op with someone not skilled at games as the second character can jump on DK's back so you can do the tough bits.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I straight up do not like tropical freeze. Even people who like it have to say "oh but ignore the water world" as if that doesn't take up an entire world of poo poo gameplay, or the fact that the boss battles are about 3 times longer than they need to be, or that the DK Aesthetic is the ugliest a Nintendo series has ever been and is totally unappealing and there's a reason they gave it away as a platinum game and not the other platformers that people actually buy

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Raku posted:

an actually HD mario galaxy would be probably the best looking game of all time

i have played through both galaxies on the dolphin emulator in hd and can confirm they look incredible scaled up, so a sequel made for hd will probably be like the opening of the ark of the covenant

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Spacebump posted:

They need to bring back that Bowser VA. Also, start calling him King Koopa again.

boss of nintendo: "what should we call this bad guy, this king of the koopas"
dumb guy wearing one of those propeller hats and suspenders: "duhhhhhh..... king koopa?"
reggie fils aime probably: "actually lets call him bowser"

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
the name of the next console will be the nintendo revolution

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
tropical freeze has the best soundtrack

not of the the donkey kong games, of all human creation

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mega64 posted:

Someone should make a real-life Animal Crossing

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Proposition Joe posted:

Good, let's avoid that Gen IV remake at all costs.

look i'm not going to suffer through a gen iii remake and not have a gen iv remake

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Augus posted:

:yeah:

Omega Ruby really would've benefited from a hard mode. Like seriously without level grinding you end the game like 15 levels above the elite four

I found a good way to deal with that is to expand your team so you have others benched that you can rotate in. Had 9 guys by the time I reached the E4, was 5-10 levels below them and just about beat Steven on my first go.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
does the nintendo of europe guy suffer from some sort of arm paralysis or something

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
it's loving bullshit that mabel gets an amiibo but sable doesn't

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
this figurine is not an amiibo

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
if cloud can make it, so can goku

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Supercar Gautier posted:

None of the lead characters that came before FFVII are nearly as well known as the ones that came after. People really really don't know who Cecil or Terra or Edgar are. If you're gonna feature a specific lead character from the series, Cloud's the one. The only other viable options would have been the job archetypes.

Edgar isn't even the main character from his game, IIRC? Heads would have been scratched all across the globe if he were announced instead of Cloud. It would be absolutely baffling.

also worth pointing out that final fantasy 7 was the first to be released in europe so cloud is the first final fantasy character with worldwide recognition

as a fan of the series i would have preferred bartz as you could throw in a lit of stuff with job changes and mimicry but i completely understand why they went with cloud

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
a premonition about the smash direct came to me in a dream last night. please look forward to a bomberman announcement, an oracle of seasons/ages stage, and nights, reala and nightopian mii costumes

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
zelda with the diminion rod is my powerful friend

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Craptacular! posted:

More like the reverse. I don't own a Wii U but buy PlayStation every generation at launch because of FF in much the same way that Nintendo fans buy their consoles because "there's no games right now but Zelda/Metroid/etc will come eventually."

Seeing a guy who basically IS the PlayStation brand on a Nintendo console is kind of a minor annoyance, because I know that Nintendo would take hot pokers up their rear end in a top hat before I ever see an IP of theirs cameo on a PlayStation 4. They're like that neighbor that asks if they can borrow your car but never does anything for you.

the final fantasy ip does not belong to sony, it belongs to square enix. final fantasy started life on nintendo platforms and cloud has already appeared in multiple games on nintendo systems

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
the NX is gonna kick rear end!!

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
there are no bad kirby games

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Louisgod posted:

Buy Xenoblade or go to HELL

young man in this thread we use a little word called "please"

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
the nx will be called the nintendo revolution

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
the wii u pro controller is second only to the steam controller

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
miyamoto said that he won't make super mario galaxy 3 until the earth is cleansed of sin

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i have a chibi-robo amiibo and it is about the same size a chibi-robo would be irl and i find that pleasing

A Great Big Bee! fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jan 15, 2016

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i already identify most with kirby as i am a good boy who always eats his dinner

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i had a dream last night that the NX's final name would be the "Nintendo F8", or Fate. Now, this isn't likely to happen but I'm posting this anyway, because if it does come true it'll be loving amazing

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
combining the 3ds and wii u content, and having an adventure or new type of classic mode would do it for me

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

calling this one, thanks for the new av

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
the only people i've seen melt down over undertale are the people tripping over themselves to tell you how much they hate it

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
the koopa kids need their own game

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
one of the best jokes in paper mario is when you rescue bombette by blowing a hole in the wall and all of the other bob-ombs realise they could have escaped at any time

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SeANMcBAY posted:

Is Darksiders really that good? It looks like the least appealing game ever to me.

I thought Okami was the best not-Zelda.

darksiders is pretty good, i wouldn't go as far as to say it's better than any zelda though really

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i should get out jam with the band again

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
that kinda sold me on metroid prime federation force

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
holy poo poo... bad rats on the wii u