Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spinning Robo
Apr 17, 2007
I think you may not quite remember just how absolutely baffled the media and viewers were by the Wii-U reveal. Actual Media Outlets will still saying it was a new controller or something to the wii rather than it's own things months afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinning Robo
Apr 17, 2007

8-Bit Scholar posted:

The worst aspect of the game isn't the controls, it's the fact that a good sixty percent of the game appears to be Star Fox 64 HD. The first level is nigh identical; the script is practically the same; the endgame "twist" to the plot is the same; you even fight the first boss of the 64 game as a late-game challenge. The game feels derivative of its own predecessor, and worse still in that it's another Star Fox sequel that is defined by gimmicks that detract rather than define the core gameplay.

This line kinda sticks out to me because every single star fox game has been defined by gimmicks, between the first one's "3d polygons???" to 64 having a 30 minute long video dedicated to how mindbending the rumble pack and control stick are. Zero using this as an attempt to push the gamepad more is basically right in line with the rest of the series.

Spinning Robo
Apr 17, 2007

the entire 30 year history of nintendo games have been leading up to this moment

Spinning Robo
Apr 17, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uROQ9nplxIY

the producer on the tetris movie also produced this high quality movie!

Spinning Robo
Apr 17, 2007

Breadallelogram posted:

link should just be a crudely drawn circle with a smiley face

only if he has a penis

Spinning Robo
Apr 17, 2007

Nephzinho posted:

Remember when the worst posts in Zelda threads were just about timelines?

I mean technically these are, but in a more pedantic way than usual

Spinning Robo
Apr 17, 2007
It might be best to keep in mind that this 'balance of the triforce' explanation is coming from an intern who was probably told by a game journalist who was told by a translator who was told by a probably pretty tired aonuma what the deal is. This may not be an exact thought to argue over.

Spinning Robo
Apr 17, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

You can't blame Microsoft for not having the Scorpio ready in time. Rendering those pixels -- the best pixels -- takes time.

We're making the best pixels. Our pixels are gonna be great, the best quality. No one is gonna deny how good our pixels are - Donald "Phil Spencer" Trump

Spinning Robo
Apr 17, 2007

jivjov posted:

Thank...you?

1) You're contradicting yourself here "I'd be fine with a female link" "it's stupid to replace link with female link" How do those two interact?
2) I don't think many people were seriously expecting Link to be 'replaced' with a female option, but rather were expecting a male/female choice on game start like Animal Crossing or Pokemon.

My guess is that he means he'd be fine with a female player character.

Spinning Robo
Apr 17, 2007
The idea of these little mini dungeons combined with items that have more utility in exploring + experimenting is a fantastic idea and a good way to keep things fresh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinning Robo
Apr 17, 2007
oh my god stop

• Locked thread