Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Ultigonio posted:

Part of me really doesn't want to add them, but the other part of me is asking why not, because I really enjoyed both of those games.

They're great games, you rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

TheRam posted:

You heard it here first folks: https://twitter.com/ArmilloGame

If these guys had a huge following then I would literally be famous right now.
or they probably wouldn't have done that.

Also, don't buy Ice Cream Surfer the game blows, but you probably knew that! I say this as someone who enjoys these games, Jamestown is maybe my favourite indie game. This game is absolutely not worth money, the visuals don't save it at all honestly.

I have no idea what this post means, but it sounds so juicy that I'm trying hard to find out.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

TheRam posted:

Oh sorry it wasn't supposed to be cryptic. I tweeted a review I did of Armillo to the devs, for whatever reason they responded to me with two different accounts and retweeted my review both initially, and also randomly a day or two later with the line "On the fence about Armillo? Check out @ElRammo 6 minute review:...".

I guess you could be a bit cynical about it, but from my POV they are a bunch of sweethearts.

Oh, that's cool! I was under the impression they had done something that would look like bad PR.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
"Here is a list of all the Wii games ever released. They are good."

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Jedi425 posted:

Got my Wii U in the mail today! Super fast turnaround on the refurb; it beat my Mario Kart game here. (I ordered on the weekend and picked 2-day shipping.) I already love the Wii U shop way more than the 3DS shop. When a game is playable on the Pad and/or TV, it just runs on both, right? There's no way to blank it out on the pad? (On the TV I can just change channel, I guess.)

Also, Pikmin Wii Transfer App Thing for GOTY.

Yeah, your closest solution is turning brightness all the way down.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
OPs are just FAQs and no one reads the FAQ.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Skin tight butt suit is the best. I would post pics, but I don't want to get Cheetos dust on MORE keys

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
There's so much hate in this new thread, let's go back to the old one.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Honestly, can we at least try to keep this thread on topic?

Speaking of being on topics, my local Best Buy has pretty much every Wii U accessory on "clearance" but I've heard of other stores doing this just to move units.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Mercury Crusader posted:

I was able to grab a headset for the console at about $5 a while back, and it looks like you still can. It's the closest thing to an official headset I suppose, what with it being licensed (Seal of Approval and all) and being in similar blue and white packaging as all the other official accessories.

The speakers are fine, but I can't vouch for the microphone as I haven't really played with it online. I don't even know what games actually support voice chat.

EDIT: Speaking of microphones, you can grab SiNG Party with the microphone for about $16 at Best Buy, Amazon, or Wal-Mart. I dunno if it's any good but I figure you can find it cheaper at like maybe a K-Mart or some other dying retailer.

I might pick these up because, ya know, why the hell not. May make playing ZombiU a traumatizing experience instead of a mildly scary one.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Is it worth it to use the Wii versions of Wii Fit on a Wii U? I can get them and a balance board for free, but I dunno if it's all that worth it.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Let's go back to making fun of some dude for no reason.

But before we do that, Wii Fit on a Wii U/over HDMI looks ugly as all hell and I'm probably going to donate this set to Goodwill.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Question, is The Fall any good?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0YeYhsOWQA

Cause I think The Fall looks pretty good, but this is the first I've heard of it and trailers can be bullshit. Opinions?

This game looks a lot like The Swapper.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Why the gently caress do people care about Link when TANOOKI MARIO IS RIGHT THERE

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
You guys are straight fuckers if Tanooki Mario isn't the best thing to ever happen in your life.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Aperture Priority posted:

MK8 DLC packs are available! :woop: racing as colored yoshis and shy guys!

Wait, they released some early?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
What about the actual 5% 12 and under? Like, what are they using?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Narcissus1916 posted:

Don't even have a system yet but WalMart appears to offer drat good deals - 32 bucks for a used copy of Tropical Freeze. Was going to hold out for Mario Kart 8 but...

What does the last part of this mean? MK8 has been out for a few months now.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Hey, that $5 Nintendo gave me rear end long ago is finally proving useful in my purchase of the MK 8 DLC. Thanks Nintendo. You're swell.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Is this new or have I been under a rock for awhile?

http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/buynow/#supermario3dworld-bundle

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Am I crazy in thinking it's almost too obvious that Nintendo will announce the Wii U Animal Crossing to coincide with the Mario Kart 8 DLC?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Hey, does a Wii U screen cover of some sort exist? Nothing permanent, but when I'm charging my gamepad and playing with my controller, the screen is distracting. Basically, something that plug into the top USB port (for support) and acts as a blind or cover or shield or something while the gamepad is sitting idle.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

I was thinking the USB port would allow it to have more versatility and stay in place easier. I'll just buy this poo poo though.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

whaley posted:

Or you can just turn the screen off in the home menu and save twelve dollars

If my gamepad is charging, it's in its stand and I'm more than likely using my Pro Controller to turn in the Wii U anyway. Next you'll tell me to get up and walk to the TV to turn down the volume. Yeah right.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Morby posted:

I bought Super Mario Bros. 2 and 3 as a part of the eshop sale. If I want to play the games on the tablet, will the tablet always be player one? Does that mean that player two will require a Wiimote or something? Can that be changed?

I'm pretty sure whatever you launch it with becomes player one.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
What's the consensus on Shovel Knight? Wii U or 3DS?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Double Dash is great if your little brother doesn't shut the gently caress up ever

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Macaluso posted:

Wait... what?

"Nintendo Land isn't selling well. Let's take it away so it doesn't sell at all!" :confused:

I know Nintendo but huh?

Isn't this the mentality for everything? Like, anything that doesn't sell well eventually stops being produced and sold.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

The Flying Milton posted:

It would have been a good idea for Nintendo to give out a single Smash Bros key to each platinum user and allow transfer from 3ds to 3ds over local connection. That way it could be more of a word of mouth thing. It'd also encourage local play instead of just being against the CPU.

I hope there is a demo for the Wii U version because I don't like it at all on the 3ds.

I disagree with everything in this post.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

BottledBodhisvata posted:

So, wait, the current link DLC is just the characters, but not actually playable Link? Or...what? I thought there already was a Link DLC, and there's an Animal Crossing one too.

There's a Link and some others DLC along with a later-to-be-released Animal Crossing and some others DLC. If you preorder them now, you get different colored Yoshis and Shy Guys.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Decrepus posted:

I was visiting my parents this past weekend and when I woke up my dad was playing Animal Crossing: City Folk for the Nintendo Wii. They have had it for probably 10 years now and he showed me that he had 14,000,000 bells which instantly struck me down with depression.

If it makes you feel any better, City Folk came out in 08.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
This conversation sucks.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Those are nice breasts on that video game character.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

MassRafTer posted:

I don't understand this mindset at all, they are completely different styles of game. SNMBU controls really well and is a fun 2D platformer if completely unrevolutionary. Super Luigi U is really loving fun too, possibly better.

One just seems like it's better and enhanced all around. It's like playing the birds eye GTA with enhanced graphics and then playing GTA 5 on a PS4 or something.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

homeless snail posted:

GTA2 is the best one in the series though.

So is SMB3.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I kinda want someone who's never played Earthbound to pick it up and play it while posting here. To be honest, it's a game that's almost an "acquired taste" with its slow opening and metaphorical themes laid throughout. That said, it is the second best video game ever.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

iastudent posted:

So uh, how many here are devoted/crazy enough to get that limited edition Hyrule Warriors from Nintendo World?

I'm stocking up on them and going to sell them at 100% profit.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

elf help book posted:

You're a piece of poo poo.

You live in another state or far away from New York and snooze, you lose.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

citizenlowell posted:

Any word on whether Hyrule Warriors will be a midnight release on the eshop? I'd be nice to queue up the download before I go to bed.

What kind of third world country do you live in where you want to download a game and wait to play it hours later?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Anyone know if the NYC store is sold out on limited edition Hyrule Warriors boxes? Looking to sell to pay off the rest of my car.

• Locked thread