Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Wild Knight posted:

So, uh, Xenoblade question I guess. I just fought Tyrea and the Telethia in the Entia Tomb. For the entire fight, Shulk could not damage her - everything he did made him bounce off her and only did 1 damage. I tried doing everything I could think of, Breaking or Toppling or Purge, but none of it worked and I ended up relying on Dunban and Riki the whole fight. I noticed he was having the same trouble with the earlier minibosses that were similar. Did I miss something stupidly obvious?

The Monado can't hurt Homs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

From what I've seen, the show is actually not bad and kinda fun.

Unlike the game.

So it's a licensed game thing then?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

What are the chances of Splatoon not selling extremely poorly even if it's good as hell

Very little. There's no way it's gonna sell a lot.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

You don't really need to find these invisible blocks. They just contain minor goodies like coins. Well aside from cases like that.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Welp, there's no online voice chat in Splatoon. RIP.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Lemming posted:

Voice chat with friends is a good video game feature, though.

Also, muting and blocking people is a thing if random strangers are really a concern.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

The car mode is just so boring. Nothing interesting actually happens most of the time, especially since minigames don't happen every turn anymore. I don't know why they thought that was a good idea, or one that was worth reusing.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Maybe the reason Rainbow Curse is getting bad reviews is because it's actually a bad game. Honestly, I'm not really seeing why people were interested in this. Looks about as boring as Canvas Curse, which didn't really do much for me.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Oh hey this game looks so pretty!!! Yeah, there's a ton of pretty games out there, and not all of them are fun to play.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Supercar Gautier posted:

So it seems like N64 and Gamecube are in the zone where Nintendo thinks they can make more money from developing and promoting the occasional remake they can sell in stores, than they can by creating VC versions that can only be sold on the eShop. I dunno how accurate that assessment is, but I'm almost expecting a 3DS remake of SM64 more than I'm expecting a VC release of the same game.

But there was already a DS remake of 64, so I doubt we'll be seeing that happen.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Spacebump posted:

This could happen in 8, they didn't have a big enough lead and got swallowed by the pack. I wish they would release more courses for 8 after the 2nd dlc. I want to play GBA Bowser Castle 3 online again.

Unfortunately, occurrences like that were really common in Wii. It can happen in 8, but it happens a lot less often than Wii.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Ultigonio posted:

That's not how you spell "Ocarina of Time"
(Also neither Kirby game on the Wii is the worst in the series, and Shake It is the best Wario Land game.)

What, are you talking about Classic Crisis City, where a chunk of rock with the goalpost moves away from you? With the way 3D World did it, there's a much greater sense of motion, like you're actually chasing down the goalpost. In Sonic Generations, the post just moves to specific points immediately, shifting over to the next predetermined point, "redefining" where the end of the level is rather than holding it just out of reach. Not only is this less interesting on a first playthrough, but it'll lose its "magic" much more quickly on repeated playthroughs. No movement, no "chase," you're just playing the level at that point.

Maybe you're talking about something else, though, like one of the challenges. I don't really remember many of those.

You can also actually catch the goalpost early if you're fast enough, instead of having to wait till the end of the level.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

The minigames from 9 were fun. The problem is that you barely got to play any of them, and had to deal with the boring car stuff most of the time.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

I'm willing to bet a large majority of the people who buy the figures now don't buy them for their function.

And it's actually impossible to use them if you keep them in the box, since there's a piece of foil at the bottom blocking off the base. Which some of these people do.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Katana Gomai posted:

I just checked the upcoming release list and it turns out you Americans already got Kirby back in February (fuckers.) How is it?

It's a pretty game, but mediocre otherwise.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

So yeah, the reason for no voice chat in Splatoon is because they don't like the negative aspects of it. Which basically confirms what some people suspected. There's also some other neat details about the game and the development process in the article.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

It's a new IP and it's being sold on the WiiU, which is already a recipe for disaster. I'm pretty sure they're pushing it hard just so it won't bomb, even though it probably will in the end.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

It's also a new IP on the WiiU, so I doubt it's gonna sell much either. The game itself looks decent, but things aren't looking good for it.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Yeah, the Shovel Knight devs actually ran out of money while working on the game. 1 million in dollars or pounds is not gonna be enough to fund that. Careful not to get blinded by nostalgia.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

At least they're finding out about any issues now, instead of at launch.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

On the plus side, Paper Mario doesn't really have backtracking. That's limited to like one chapter.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Freshly Baked Cookies

Didn't expect epic yarn music, guy has a lot of footage up if you want more.

Please let this be a good Yoshi game. :smith:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Dubious posted:

how are people playing yoshi, shits not out until october

In NA. It's out in Europe.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

The later a character joins the team, the less screentime they have. Blue gets better, but the others don't change much.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

I was wondering why the PR from Nintendo and not a Direct and I guess it's because they still don't have a person in mind to host the Directs after Iwata :smith:

They're not coming back. :smith:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

:stare: How much money did it take to even get all that?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Neither is Partners in Time.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

I love Dream Land 3's art style!

I think Super Star (or its most excellent DS port) have still somehow remained the "best" games in the series even after all these years. At the same time I'm having trouble thinking of a Kirby game I did not enjoy playing.

What do you think that weird prototype 3D Kirby game that was gonna be on the GC would have been like guys

I bet it would have been pleasant and enjoyable and not too hard

Depends on how that would have handled Swallowing. Seems like that would be tricky to handle in a 3D environment.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Nierbo posted:

Oh thats not so bad. Ive put over 2000 hours into TF2 and I've only ever played 2fort so I shouldn't be complaining anyway.

You poor soul.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

It's a fun little romp, but yeah I wouldn't call it that at all.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

mabels big day posted:

2 is a lot more fun as well

Yeah, pretty much the best DKC game in the original trilogy. 3 is okay. I haven't gotten too far in Returns, so I don't know how that compares.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

All Frogs posted:

Preach it.

Though personally I think Animal Antics is way worse based that Squawks section alone.

Ugh, I blocked that section out of my memory. I hated that level so much.

Say, I haven't bought Tropical Freeze. How does it compare to the other DKC games?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I'm amazed that the reason that was cut was because that they couldn't censor that and have that idea conveyed to the player properly. Not because everything else about it.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Fan translations are a whole nother can of worms, and might set a precedent they don't want to deal with. Nintendo's relationship with fan content hasn't been that great.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

someone post the left 4 dead 2 boycott group image

You meant Modern Warfare 2, right?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

there's one for left 4 dead 2 also

basically nerds throw a hissy fit and then buy and play the game anyway

Oh right, this:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

It's a god drat tragedy that he committed suicide once FF9 was released.

Nah, that was a made up story. Apparently he's still alive.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Yaws posted:

This has probably been discussed at length but the Wii-U is considered a huge flop yes?

I don't read Games much

Pretty much.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Gyro and stick are pretty much as close as to keyboard and mouse controls as the WiiU gets, so it really is in your best interest to learn how to use those controls if you want to be good at Splatoon. Also yeah, there's no auto aim to help out with how finnicky twin stick controls are in an FPS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

When I say I like TTYD it's because I like seeing bob-ombs with jobs and them doing generally goofy poo poo like the launch to the moon. It also had Puni's and those weird twilight dudes as well as mixing new designs into Toads and whatnot where Mario RPG had Toads in towns (and one in a volcano) and everything else Mario-related felt like a cameo at best.

I'm not asking for a "everything is original" or "Nothing is original" stance.

I think that was just a joke on his part. Also a warning for anyone expecting too much out of Paper Jam.

• Locked thread