Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Instant Sunrise posted:

I did look for an NX thread before I made it but couldn't find one.

In hindsight, I realize that what happened was that the thread had moved from page 2 to page 1 while I was looking for it.
It was pretty much all football Photoshops anyway, no huge loss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Nierbo posted:

EBGames Canada
Just call them up, preferably when they're not super busy? They want to make the sale so I am sure they will tell you if you ask nicely

enojy posted:

Here's what GameStop has to say in USD:

PS3: $50
Wii U: $100
NSMBU w/ Weegee U: $29.50
Mario Maker: $29.50
Mario Kart 8: $29.50
Pro controller: $22
That said these values are depressing and I would eBay that poo poo before cutting it down to nothing like that

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Mercury Crusader posted:

The laser on the GameCube's optical drive can lose power overtime but there's guides online on how to correct that by adjusting a potentiometer a bit. I did that to fix a "sold as-is" thrift store GameCube I bought for $2.

This requires working knowledge on how screwdrivers work, however, and I dunno if non-3DS owners are as bad at those as 3DS owners.
Is there really a guide that makes it as simple as using a screwdriver? Cause a quick search just gives me electrician speak and I don't even own a multimeter.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Looper posted:

kirby super star :chord:
Now that's a good answer

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stux posted:

what if i need one immediately. its an emergency...
Then you better hope the Splatoon Smash bundle is in stock or you're gonna be sad later when you have to buy them separately

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stux posted:

no i need mario kart and mario maker. its a real big emergency and im going to have to just get one from amazon with prime delivery i guess if the thread doesnt want to help me buy an emergency wii u
Well you can only get one of those (Kart or Maker) per bundle that's why I said Splatoon/Smash. That's two games instead of one and you still have to pay near full price for them because everyone redeems the codes

If there was any current deal it would have been in the video game deals thread anyway

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Erg posted:

The Splatoon/Smash deal got discontinued the week that I decided to buy a Wii U and I couldn't find it at any of my local stores :mad:
Yeah, guess it hasn't been a thing since the end of January then. I thought I had checked more recently but apparently not

http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/nintendo/wiiu/

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stux posted:

i was looking for a good deal because i had to buy one immediately.i ts an emergency

are there any dealds on either bundle? its an emergency
Nothing big turning up. Granted it's an off season for sales so I didn't expect anything.

Best I could come up with is 15% off this site is offering for first orders. No idea if the site is reputable though.

https://jet.com/product/Nintendo-Wii-U-Mario-Kart-8-Bundle/5a8270be7b8a41be9880972aebc75cea

Maybe check the Craigslist for your area?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FactsAreUseless posted:

Stux don't post in the Nintendo threads anymore.
Or post about video game deals in this handy video game deals thread

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2408877

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stux posted:

im not able to post pictures of the broken wii u, im not opening myself up to ridicule in that way.
You've tried to get the last word like four times now, just unbookmark the thread and close the tab ffs

It'll be alright, you can be objectively correct in another thread

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stux posted:

what are you even talking about? i know i poo poo the thread up last time but im sorry. i genuinely like nintendo games and i wont do it again, i just want to post in peace.
A mod told you to stop posting here five posts ago. I thought maybe you were unable to follow simple directions so I gave you a helpful suggestion on how you might accomplish this task

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stux posted:

I just posted asking about deals on Wii Us, everyone else who keeps making posts like you are are the ones making GBS threads the thread up. I didnt do a drat thing. Why dont you drop it before it gets any worse?
That's six posts now. You can click on the icon that looks like this to unbookmark a thread: You should be able to use the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl-F4 or CTRL-W to close the tab after you've accomplished this. Thanks!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stux posted:

edit: To keep on topic can anyone help me with transferring data from the old machine? Am I going to need login details for the digital downloads or is it a system to system transfer like on the 3DS? Do I have any hope of getting the save files back?
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8983/
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8989/
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9159/p/431/

That should answer your questions and then some. They say the transfer will queue up digital downloads that were on the old unit to be downloaded automatically, but if you have more than 64 items you'll have to download the rest yourself. Saves are sent, any saves on the new machine will be destroyed though.

edit: fixed URLs

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Mar 30, 2016

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Bass Bottles posted:

Nintendo officially denied the rumors that they were stopping Wii U production, btw

They could be lying but it's sort of a yes or no thing so idk.
All I really care about is when they finally decide to pull the plug on Super Mario Maker, cause that will effectively turn a massive game into an expensive coaster instantly

Not gonna be soon though considering they just updated it again not long at all ago

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

finally, a Nintendo game worthy of BIG SARU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

So I bought Pokemon Rumble and Pinball in the E3 sale because I'm a sucker, but still holding out for a better Splatoon price sometime approximately two seconds before they shut the servers off

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

oddium posted:

can we get a translucent portrait of iwata superimposed over this thread so we may not lose our way
actually it should bounce around like :chanpop: did

Please you people who actually get to watch the stream today, give me some details because I am not going to get to do so

I mean if you want to gripe about Link some more today I guess that's your right but I'm begging you

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

raditts posted:

Do you think everyone is ready to come together and finally ignore the giant pissbabies who cry about amiibos being "PHYSICAL DEE EL SEE" though?
I still don't like that but the market disagrees so what the gently caress point is there in complaining

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

aagh i shouldn't drop a sixty and get this game, i really shouldn't, but then otoh there's literally no other Wii U game i'll want during the rest of 2016...
something like $48 if you have Amazon Prime...

No Man's Sky got delayed but I think I got the better deal here anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

BillmasterCozb posted:

please..lets discuss anime games instead..

im excited for the game where you can use duets as ways to destroy big demon things
i am too and i am hoping we can keep the thread open to discuss it instead of derailing to dumb poo poo and getting it closed

who am i kidding we're doomed

• Locked thread