Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Hey guys this dude accused this woman of using sex to get her tiny game some attention let's find her house and call her in the middle of the night while jacking off this is a reasonable response and shows our moral integrity.

That isn't even what he accused her of, he accused her of being an emotionally abusive piece of poo poo who hosed her boss and journalists, it's literally everyone else who decided to get up in arms about nepotism instead of the whole "she made me doubt my own sanity" thing, which is probably the most infuriating part of all this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Any time your partner talks a big game about how, if you cheat on your partner and then gently caress them that's Sex Without Consent because it's happening under false pretenses, and then fucks five other people and you at the same time and then tries to defend themselves despite having such a Strong Stance against it to the point of not letting you talk to friends of the opposite sex? Probably dating a piece of poo poo.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Fathis Munk posted:

But... aren't you supposed to form our opinions for us ? Tend to your flock Lowtax.

Also how come we can't report your posts ? :colbert: Shameful.

Who watches the watchmen?????

(nobody that movie sucked)

Fathis Munk posted:

You do not know gamers. People are getting mad at her cause she is a woman, didn't make a "real game" and now because she threaten ~journalistic integrity~

Bear in mind, the dude she hosed wrote 5 (five (!)) lines about her game apparently.

The focus wasn't even on the cheating, it was on the manipulating and the lying and the emotional abuse.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Fathis Munk posted:

True though she had already garnered a lot of bad press with her game and since she was one of them female sjw that are menacing the industry :rolleyes:

Yeah the most frustrating part of this whole thing is that people being shitheads has over taken the story so it's all about a) cheating and b) GAMES NEPOTISM and C) people being shitheads (or not, since I guess she faked a bunch of poo poo) instead of about how someone who theoretically is a voice for ladies and people with Issues and whatever is actually a giant piece of poo poo.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Like stupid fuckers had a legitimate reason to give somebody poo poo and instead they went MY VIDEO GAMES and hosed it all up for everyone.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

jalopybrown posted:

What is the legitimate reason? It really makes no difference to us if Zoe took fifty dicks without telling her cuck.

The part where she was emotionally abusive and manipulative and made a dude doubt his own sanity. Like, that's what his post is actually about, if you read it. The cheating is just what made him realize what-all was going on because it was the first thing he caught her in uncontrovertibly.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Like for real if you're gonna treat someone like poo poo "Being abusive" is a great reason to do it and nobody will argue with you but hang on it's a LADY in GAMES we gotta get all up on that and distract from anything worthwhile by being loving idiots.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

gay skull posted:

Who's the guy who made Spelunky loving right now

Your mother, he's taking way too long there's other people in line.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

turnways posted:

lol what was this one all about

There was more to it than that iirc, like tehy were basically just being sexist shitheads all day long.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Twelve Batmans posted:

Yup, all on them. That's why she doesn't have her job anymore either.

What are things I didn't say, Alex

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

That's a really good summary of what's happening.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Literally The Worst posted:

That's a really good summary of what's happening.

This isn't a joke.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

The General posted:

There's 40 pages of this poo poo, so I need a little clarification.

Zoe made a game, and slept with some journalists, so they'd give her favourable reviews. Though no such good reviews have been written.
People are up in arms and attacking her because...
-She's internet famous, and nothing gamers like more than making GBS threads on internet famous women?
-She has a terrible taste in guys, and gamers are mad they didn't make the cut?
-She's an attention whore, and this is the attention she got?

I'm not reading 40 pages to sort this all out. Thanks!

"People are idiots"

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Spanish Manlove posted:

didn't shower for her second wedding.

This is probably the worst part.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

The General posted:

I don't care how big of a slut somebody is, there's no excuse for going online to stir up internet misogyny against them.

There's alsoa bunch of allegations about her being mentally/emotionally abusive.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

geke rowsperg posted:

what the gently caress is gaslighting?

Trying to make someone think they're going insane by making them question literally everything they think.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FoolyCharged posted:

Do writers for other types of hobby magazine call themselves journalists? I'm pretty sure cycling/cars/golf/whatever monthlies don't have this weird belief that they aren't about selling you crap either.

"Comics journalism" was a thing but I don't think anybody says that anymore.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Brannock posted:

holy poo poo this goes back months and months: http://imgur.com/a/4VOcx some 4chan spinoff made a really gigantic effort thing about how deceitful the Liar Zoe Quinn is lmfao

that has to have taken hours to put together lol

the virtual is real now

It's almost like Zoe Quinn is a manipulative shitheap........rly makes u think......

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Brannock posted:

It doesn’t even matter how much of her ex’s accusations are true or not, because it’s nothing but pure misogyny to use online harassment troops to punish a woman because she didn’t meet your standards for a girlfriend.

Yeah I think this guy is being a touch unreasonable I mean just because she was an abusive piece of poo poo that's not her fault you just have lofty standards

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Skunny Wundy posted:

I was just at Arby's and I saw Zoe Quinn cuckold thirty people.

No no that was a sandwich not her gross vag

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

gently caress the ROW posted:

idk fat women are often aggressive

Plus all that extra weight to put behind punches.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

flyboi posted:

Wow nobody's posted the latest in the saga

Phil Fish got hacked hard, closed all twitter accounts and is selling Polycom. Taken from a thread in reddit because I doubt Lowtax wants the drama brought to his doorstep:

Everything about Phil Fish and Polytron has been exposed and is publicly available to people who has a wish to hurt him. This isn't just about writing angry comments on the internet, or sending hate on Twitter/Email, or even shouting nasty stuff to him at the streets. This is people wishing to tear his whole personal life down, and not just as a threat.

From the same document. Phil Fish might not be the last target, just something to consider before you think this isn't a big deal.

Edit: *Not important, and obviously not real.

We already knew this and Phil Fish is a poo poo gently caress him.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Is Fez the one that's the metaphor for the nuclear bomb, the alcoholic dad, the death of a sibling, or just a dork jerking off in your face for a few hours while a bunch of other dorks clap and cheer about how artistic it is.

The second one, Braid's the nuclear war one. Fez is the one wth the final puzzle that people have only solved via brute force and they can't figure out why that solution works. This is great in a puzzle game because

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jastiger posted:

Not in this case. I wake up with positive nerd cred and a boost to my Game Journalism skills.

I still don't get why everyone is bashing on her looks. *dons white knight helmet*

It's funny.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

beep by grandpa posted:

tbh all the best sex scandals are the one where the rear end in a top hat going down in flames had previously built a career out of establishing themselves as the moral authority on social issues (quinn, mark sanford, newt gringrich, etc)

anthony weiner kinda doesn't count tho cause he never talked about family/morality poo poo ever, but gently caress him anyway cause he stood there weeping like a gigantic pussy swearing he loves his wife and will never do it again but somehow a year later the fucker gets caught draggin his pisscrank across twitter to sorority girls again lol

That one ended up being really sad because up until then he was "the one who calls congress a bunch of loving babyhead idiots and trolls the poo poo out of them by bringing a literal children's book to make a point" and now he's the one who showed his dong.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Like remember this poo poo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omM2s4wBPRQ

Why'd you have to show your loving dick Anthony

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ulver posted:

He never deserved to have a job for being an ultra zionist piece of poo poo and he raped his wife repeatedly by the new standards of rape established by progressive therapists

I am willing to disagree with a dude about one thing when the majority of his time is spent thanking congress super sarcastically for defunding NPR and saving us from Car Talk and bringing children's books to explain the legislative process when Boehner tries to pull some end run poo poo.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Suben posted:

that doesn't make sense though because zoe didn't make a game?

No she made ART.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ableist Kinkshamer posted:

I'm getting a PhD and you like guns. Guess how much I care about your opinions.

I'm dickeye and you're a dumb piece of poo poo. Guess who much I faaaaaaaartz

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

fivethree posted:

wait so @ patreon she is now getting free money to continue sitting @ her computer, whilst the rest of us have to work for a living? hmm

Someone call lowtax I have a proposition he might be interested in

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Spanish Manlove posted:

yeah I'd def gently caress five nerds over the course of a few years for a 66% raise and I think most other people would too

I'l gently caress five nerds right now.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Fandyien posted:

can someone summarize the last 1448 posts

zoe is fat and also a bad person and nerds are lovely baby retards

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

DrManiac posted:

I wanna see the alt universe giant bomb where we got zoe instead of 'I once only ate cheesedogs microwaved in a old shoe box for an entire summer' dan.

This guy sounds like a party though.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Slanderer posted:

as an adult he heard that egg whites were really healthy for you, so he decided to make some. he cracked a bunch of eggs into the sink, and tossed the shells into a skillet

later he called his mom to ask why the shells werent melting into delicious egg whites

dan ryckert is a national loving treasure

For the record this is literally a thing from a masaokis video. Literally a thing a crazy person did while rambling about Obama.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

DrManiac posted:

How about the time he lied about needing glasses as a kid because he though they were cool. Then he wore them despite hurting his eyes and it hosed up his eyes to the point where he needed surgery.

[e] Also he never ate a salad until he was in his 20's and thinks tacobell is literally the best food.

Please tell more stories about this man.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Gorman Thomas posted:

Dan Rykert believes Terminator 3 is a superior film to Terminator 1.

See now I know you're loving with me.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

The Droid posted:

i'd say bioshock infinite is much more definitely pretentious bullshit than Gone Home

"Guys RACISM IS BAD" - Bioshock Infinite

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Cycloneman posted:

Did anybody post this yet? Sorry if they did:

Who the gently caress is this guy and what's he talking about

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I didn't even care about Sarkeesian until it became likely that she was actually a scam artist

What

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

BottledBodhisvata posted:

In between stealing video game footage from other videos and Let's Plays (which you'd think would be not necessary given she made tons of money off the initial kickstarter campaign) there's also things like the footage in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqJCCnued6c

No, this isn't some "true gamer" bullshit that you get from reddit, either, I just think it more than a bit suspicious that a woman makes a poo poo load of money to put forward a feminist critique off video games, releases her videos at an absolute snail's pace and makes no greater critiques besides "Boy, Damsels in Distress are kind of lame, why can't the damsels do stuff instead?" which is like...I dunno...just struck me as a little weak? Especially since she uses Peach and Zelda as examples--Peach, who has been playable in Mario games numerous times and Zelda, who is among the most powerful and important beings IN the Zelda universe, and...

Like, a lack of agency does not diminish nor weaken a woman's importance in the plot by default. Look at Skyler White in Breaking Bad--and ignoring the actress decrying those who disliked her as misogynists, at least for the moment. She has very little agency throughout the story, and by season 5 she is essentially a hostage to the plot that by and large requires her in no meaningful way, but her importance to the show is not lessened because her lack of agency presents a great deal of the emotional angst of the surrounding characters' descent into evil. As she slowly loses her moral high ground and enters into illegal dealings like Walt does--with even LESS actual success--her lack of agency is not a prop to objectify her with poor writing, but an actual literal and metaphorical binding that shackles her to the ongoing train wreck that her life has become.

Also she apparently told EA to make Mirror's Edge easier because women are stupid and can't play video games like us penis havers.

Well, besides all that, Anita Sarkeesian inspired this nonsense and for that I can never forgive her.

I'm not reading most of this but she's been pretty upfront about how it's literally supposed to be Feminism 101 because most people who shovel games down their gaping maws don't even think that hard about what they're playing, as evidenced by the outrage that she dare criticize games even that much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Spanish Manlove posted:

please read it all

"Why didn't she go more in-depth in her videos that have people freaking out over the most benign criticism, videos that she was upfront about being Fem 101: Video Games Edition because she knew people were loving idiots" - a good criticism from a smart person

• Locked thread