Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
it trivializes what it's saying should be taken seriously and provides no more information than a regular wikipedia page

but because her brain is sad it's high art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Froghammer posted:

That's what I've gathered. We can talk all we want about ethics or whatever, but if everyone involved in this was, I dunno, a gay male I don't think the internet would give two shits.

true, only gay guys can gently caress each other for publicity without it being a problem

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
has she done any game stuff other than depression quest

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
seriously what the gently caress does doxxxxxxxx mean

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
anna anthropy

let me tell you about my bdsm kink...

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

horriblePencilist posted:

Keep in mind she (she's born male and identifies as female, if that wasn't apparent) made games such as Lesbian Spider Queens From Mars, or Beautiful Escape: Dungeoneer, a "fascinating narrative-driven title about a fetishistic serial-killer".

More dirt on her here.

honestly being trans or into bdsm and whatever isn't a problem with her, it's the fact she's so loving up her arse about it. GROSS WHITE MEN ruin gaming by making clones of each other's products and characters now let me tell you about my fifth biographical game about lesbians and kinks and hormones which will save us

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

What I really wanna know is what the hell is that thing on her face

a deus ex implant she jammed into herself with a needle, iirc

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

A Yolo Wizard posted:

Does that guy know cellphones can load imageboards just as well now.

he's giving the finger to his own monitor so probably not

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

jalopybrown posted:

I thought moot banned nippon IPs?

he's not japanese

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
she's boring, smug, over financed for basic poo poo and misrepresents a gently caress ton of stuff she presents, but she's famous because people hate her

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
the funny thing about anita is that her influence over the industry (seriously, not my words; she's been hyped as one of the most influential figures in gaming for chrissake) wouldn't have amounted to anything if people hadn't poo poo themselves silly over her. like a reverse zoe i guess.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Fatkraken posted:

She's influenced shitheads into being lovely specifically in her direction, but other than that she hasn't really changed the industry personally.

It's like a self fulfilling prophecy, the people who hate her would do her FAR more damage by completely ignoring her, but they just cannot help themselves and lend her more credibility with every unpleasant tweet and angry blog post.

well yeah, not denying that. Just find it funny! just ignore the dreamworks smirking girl and problem solved. all she's doing is pointing at stuff and yelling PROBLEMATIC without actually doing anything beyond that. way way way too much praise for what she actually does.

not justifying the poo poo thrown at her though, that's nasty yo

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
gone home's alright but people only go so loving nuts over it because it drags right through peoples' nostalgia

HEY GUYS REMEMBER THE 90S????

also here is a progressive story about lesbians give us money

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
when the first thing you generally hear about bioware lgbt stuff is ARE THEY FUCKABLE Y/N i think a little skepticism is warranted

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
hi guys notice theres a lot of white protagonists in games???? makes u think

*lauded as the most progressive company of all*

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

ISIS just beheaded a bunch of civilians for not believing in the right god strongly enough, then some others for believing in the right god but in the wrong way, then some others for no reason. But a girl made a bad game

if you brought this up in the minorities perspective gaming thread they'd flip out, always, lol

just because we never post discuss or raise that topic doesn't mean we care less about it than cleavage!!!!

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
regardless of gender, politics or any other bollocks

her face is punchable as gently caress

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Lobster Harmonica posted:

Kotaku has been alerted

loving snitch :mad:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
gently caress, i mean as i said earlier it's neat people are trying to talk about this stuff but look at that face. even pewdiepie is more bearable to look at (if not listen to).

GiantAmazonianOtter posted:

I am a lady but would like to enquire as to whether I can also punch her in the face in the name of patriarchy?

i can lend you a temporary penis if needed

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Cycloneman posted:

Did anybody post this yet? Sorry if they did:

it's a man irrelevant

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Every time I hear stories about how Zoe or Anita leave the house I imagine they're just going for a walk and I wonder what the big deal is.

a walk certainly wouldn't hurt zoe

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

poptart_fairy posted:

a walk certainly wouldn't hurt zoe

it is a fat joke

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Madcosby posted:

I like how "college entry level" is like a bad thing. She makes insightful videos that point out commonplace stereotypes that are overused in video games. Her work is fine, I love how upset it makes people

people inflate her to some sort of industry changing force of nature tho

"games can sexualise women"

kk now lets see you do something else with the remaining 159 grand

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
lotta manshamin' going on

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

NotAnArtist posted:

Star Citizen

$2,134,374 pledged of $500,000
34,397 backers

Nah bro let's get back to being angry at snarkeezian for not making her videos as opposed to some dumb star wars clone that'll never be released :mrapig:

star citizen gets poo poo on all the time wtf are you on about

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
mmm, yeah, all those shirtless men I killed in manhunt made me whip it out and jerk off right there

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

what the gently caress is with this gimmick in articles lately

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Text mountains hate before comments and I don’t care about it at all. There’s so much of it words without punctuation or you should pick up a dictionary once in a while. I have no idea why there’s even a discussion about what is or isn’t right when people are telling other people they want to drink blood from their cunts, because we all had mummies and daddies probably don’t want to exclude all the people that didn’t have mummies and daddies I’ll make a donation to the orphan fund ice bucket and we all went to school and probably all know what right and wrong is. In fact, you do all know what right and wrong is by law you’re all over fourteen. I think.

Acres of words from writers searching desperation in their souls it’s over this is how the world views triple-A no one cares. The wringing moaning guttering candles foreheads on keys and the tears of frustration. Why can’t they see, these poor, blind fools? We’re a few dozen people talking about a few hundred people who are complete loving idiots and will go to jail someday God willing social justice. We have to fight against it and we do and we should diversity of course we should but the entire games industry is so revoltingly sexist that it’s easy to feel there’s no hope these shoot and shoot wallpaper stop the sex trafficking. We will fight the fight, march on our little fingers entwined together tapping goosestepping toward the cratered horizon. Do you honestly think any of this is going to be better in five years? In ten?

Potential solutions mais non that wouldn’t work these people don’t listen not even they really care look at that insane video those men wanted to make I mean what not even two hundred backers. That’s how much they care. They don’t care. Why do you even talk to them? We all sit in our stupid little soundroom and shout at each other and we’re just the head of a pin in a pin factory. None of this matters apart from the illegal aspects and the games themselves cars and guns how’s that going to change? Come back in twenty.

“Everyone’s leaving the final whimper as women finally, obviously, gloriously, kick the two loving puppies to death and set fire to the trousers.”

I have barely any idea what games journalism even is model evaporated games writing ego massager adverts in both writing and product sales and the remnants eating themselves head of a pin. Go write a loving preview. Let’s do the news. Little dogs fighting over the remains torn cloth poo poo-strewn London park two Pekingese tugging at a pair of child’s jeans icy sky fag packets in the reeds. We’re all old now. Where are they going video. Everyone’s leaving the final whimper as women finally, obviously, gloriously, kick the two loving puppies to death and set fire to the trousers. Kill the loving dogs. Stamp on their loving skulls and pop their loving eyes.

The death of an identity SJW game journalists what I don’t understand go away people play Call of Duty GTA avatar people call me love, you know, blow me kisses every time I see you you look uglier. Come on, love, come in my car air thrusting not sure how to respond you’ll be pleased to know Pat plays as a woman never seen anything like this. Death threat. Online abuse. Flee home. FBI. La culture geek est avant tout une contre-culture. It’s the end, the teetering restaurant on the edge of the universe at time time a trillion trillion stars sucking white flashes the two hyperfine levels of the ground state of the caesium 133 atom tear themselves apart lovely jeans a billion shards in a billion warehouses hot fusion empty, fizzing grey. Not black.

A pinhead in a pin factory. Two lovely dogs yapping in a park.

Supernorn posted:

It would've been nice to see some sort of apology from Zoe as she did end up being the main ringleader in screwing this entire event up. Simply because she took offence to something she didn't fully understand.

yeah, haha. You can hear the guy's teeth grinding together at trying to be diplomatic but

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

cara tries way too loving hard

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

this girl's eyes follow me around the room :stare:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
maybe i should become a journalist. former tranny gay dude into rpgs and dark souls = money?????

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

The Taint Reaper posted:

You know what 3d game characters are just elaborate puppets and are not supposed to be real people, welcome to reality.

but what if a woman designed them :inception:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

So does SJW just mean 'progressive' now?

sjw is someone who spends more time yelling angrily and attacking others than actually doing anything constructive about important social issues

for some reason people have become obsessed with trying to 'reclaim' the word and use its existence as an excuse to never actually address arguments attached to the phrase

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Ardennes posted:

It is probably because people started just using everything they didn't like and it watered down the word until it became more culture-war poo poo. It isn't like most of the people using it now actually give a poo poo about social issues anyway.

this is why i switch off when misogyny gets used in the context of simple ol' sexism or ignorance

diluting a word intended for hatred and deliberate belittlement of women is a pretty far loving cry from some horny dude drawing his girl in a bikini

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I still remember when a Goonette detailed how she had purchased Yahtzee his ugly fedora hat when they were dating and about how he eventually had to throw it away because he wore it so often and long that it slowly began to mold and fall apart. :barf:

same goonette also went into a big thing about how she wasn't going to talk about him then went on about how they hosed

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

The Brown Menace posted:

it isn't though. pretty much every thread on /v/ is filled with people telling others to lay off zoe since it's pushing the wrong angle. she's more of a sideshow now, but people are trying to make it look like it's the main attraction precisely to deflect from the journalism angle which /v/ is trying to push

p much. if the talk about zoe hadn't been squashed so violently the other journalists wouldn't have ended up having their own indie relationships scrutinized so closely.

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but misogyny is a p flimsy attempt at burying the whole thing under one fedora

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
'we reject men's rights' sounds pretty lol

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

CrazyLittle posted:

I'm sorry but when doxxing and death threats get out, you don't really get to pick and choose what's center stage.

doxxing and death threats happened to folk outside the indie stuff but there was no uproar then

thats why this poo poo is funny. one dyed hair girl paints herself as a saint but out comes the laundry and whoops loving world explodes

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Denim Dude posted:

eron gonji was the victim of an abusive partner and you're defending his abuser and basically calling him a pussy. heh.

his stuff has been scrutinized as well, but held up under it, and nobody's called him a paragon of virtue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Did Zoe Quinn Rape And Murder A Young Boy In 1990?

wtf is this a reference to

• Locked thread