Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Ages posted:

So is Depression Quest any good?

it's okay for a freeware thing

pity about the dev being a colossal imbecile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Strategic Tea posted:

If any of this is true then it's loving pathetic. Sleeping around for good press, parties trying to stifle news on each other... This poo poo is meant to happen with real journalism about stuff that actually matters.

That someone could care enough about dumb video game shills enough to do all this babby's first espionage poo poo is ridiculous. They're like kids playing at having a real scandal. Narcissism is a hell of a drug.

real journalism has been dead for decades

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Adventure Pigeon posted:

she started off being pretty pathetic by sleeping with gaming journalists to promote her weird little game then 4chan and reddit upped the ante bigtime

maybe the next act will involve tumblr getting in on the action in a big way

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I don't think qualifies as a fair maiden.

the standards are way lower than you think

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
the video from that hax:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHn1LK_6Bxs

based on description, some poo poo-stirrer just typed in a few password attempts and got in that way

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Stoat posted:

Skipped from page 2 to page 93 someone fill me in

it went from a mere infidelity shitshower to a proper shitstorm involving large proportions of the new media, 4chan, tumblr and reddit

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
oh yeah, the account that had the whole you are an idiot video that appeared in the haxed page links to this youtube account

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

quite the fucker posted:

i'm the black knight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQPGtzmStq4

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
identity politics is the worst

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
are people still mad over retarded identity politics and being asked for some standards in their clickbaits?

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
holy fukken lol the vidya press is killing itself in a spectacular manner

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Shinjobi posted:

I'm personally of the mind that the industry hasn't caught up to its audience yet. Within the next few years I'm expecting less misogynist aspects to gaming. I think all the talking heads should be focused on education instead of attacking other people; social change can't really be forced. Educate people, and with time certain issues will be less pronounced.

the people who give the most amount of damns about various -isms can be pretty safely ignored, since they usually only care about superficial details and not about context or any other thing that actually matters in a vidya game

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Waltzing Along posted:

Isn't the reason that women are such a big part of "gaming" now because of stupid mobile games? If you removed mobile games from the market, aren't they still a huge minority?

more or less yes, for every actual woman who plays PC games there would be a dozen or so white knights who feel it is their duty to be offended about every little thing that might be considered "problematic"

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

The Brown Menace posted:

also reminder that one of the counter-arguments on the up-and-up about how poo poo games journalism is is "lol who cares it's just video games" which was literally the first counter-argument to SJW types when they first arrived, several years and billions of dollars in growth in the gaming industry (and the attached games journalism industry) before this whole thing

good thing that they are collectively self-destructing harder than soviet union in '91

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
the second best approach is adblock + donotlink.com + script-blocker of your choice

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

The Brown Menace posted:

basically people who literally write words about video games for a living, and nothing else, consider video games to be too lame for their time and attention

this should give you some perspective about their sense of self-importance and sense of respect for you

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Parallax Scroll posted:

some girl made a depression game and hosed some dudes? what else happened

vidya journalism got exposed for nepotist crooks, -isms and -ists got throw around and now vidya journalism is going full chernobyl

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Germstore posted:

At this point why is anyone entering this discussion publicly? It's basically sticking your toe in The Bog of Eternal Stench.

for fun and profit

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
man there's a lot of tumblr hens and beta nerds being mad over their kulturkampf machine falling apart

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EN82zVVQvM

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Automatic Slim posted:

So let me get this straight, "gamers are dead" is a meme now because a bunch of agenda driven gaming writers have agreed to say so? That's a pretty myopic, self deluded world, right there. What's the end game here? Just because more women are buying the Kardashian game or Candy Crush or whatever doesn't mean the rest of a multi-million dollar industry is going to vanish just because a bunch of sjw writers wish it.

At the end of the day this is all about money, just like everything else in this world. Gaming journalists aren't the sharks of this enterprise, they're those sucker fish attached to them. They don't generate the money or create the content, they leach onto scraps that the content providers feed them. They've deluded themselves into thinking that they have some kind of moral captaincy in an industry that involves moving pixels of light. Thought leaders don't consistently give 9.5s and 9.6s to lovely games made by the same people that give them money for advertising. The delusion of this insulated bunch is both difficult to behold and hilarious to watch.

do you seriously think these "journalists" have any self-awareness or real intelligence? most of these "journalists" think they are smart because they got a fancy-rear end college degree in whatever form of cultural marxism is popular these days

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Milky Moor posted:

that video where she's like 'i don't even play video games, i don't like video games' is just pure :eyepop:

not gonna lie. i'm jealous that i didn't think of 'tell nerds basic feminism poo poo in quick youtube videos' as a cash cow.

it's hilarious how blatantly she's in it for the beta nerd money

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
It calculates that thing based on internet averages, so something awful probably just has 25 percent women instead of the average which probably is way less than that

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
why do people think art can't be interactive?

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Torka posted:

do you honestly think it's a coincidence that there's a huge correlation between games that are considered to be art and games that give the player gently caress all control over the outcome

well, i don't really follow what the ivory tower considers to be art but i consider art as "if it's a thing, it most likely has some form of artistic value"

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
this poo poo is beyond farcical

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010