Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Mr Flibble's very cross...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

ijyt posted:

It's gone full circle.

That kinda reminds me of these guys:

from https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bi-xo-wars/x/1741995

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

It's kinda sad. If it wasn't for the titmarines and the absence of shading the Fighting Tigers would look OK ish (disregarding some of the dumber conversions anyway).

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

You can polish a turd, but you just end up with shiny poo poo.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Herr Tog posted:

This makes me want to model.

This makes me want to kill.

Why not do both? Kill something and then stick it to a base.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I think the Chromecrons were from a staff party or something where they were giving the things away as prizes.

Ultra chrome crons would look great but I can imagine it being a bitch to paint and touch up.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

The do have some dicks... http://www.hfminis.co.uk/shop?product=bugharoth~hfm004&category=fantasy-%26%0D%0Asteampunk~fantasy-monsters-%26-animals

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Given the overall condition it's remarkable the side railing hasn't been snapped off.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I don't see the problem.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

:chanpop:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Saint Drogo posted:

unrelated to plastic space vag: are you the same Zark the Damned who was a meme on Portent for a while for turning up to a meetup in a shirt with flames on it? :whatup:

I cannot tell a lie, t'was I.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Nope. First two are Mordheim Vampires, latter two are from the Vampire Counts army.

The first one has been put on a bigger base featuring GW's infamous Dark Eldar slave girls, and may have a weapon swap (I seem to remember the original vamp having a halberd).

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

3- step guide to tabletop quality stuff that looks decent:

1. Base coat. Build up in a couple of thin layers so you get even coverage without filling in detail.
2. Wash. GW and Army Painter pashes are both pretty good, I haven't had experience with others.
3. Highlight with the original base colour again. Depending on what you're painting this could be a drybrush or just touching up the edges.

When painting horde armies like Skaven you can use the slightly more advanced strategy to speed things up:

1. Base coat all areas of the model. Pick a palette that will work well with the same shade colour on different areas (e.g. different shades of brown, mustardy robes, bone and metal blades).
2. Apply wash to whole thing (a generic dark wash will usually suffice).
3. Highlights.and picking out any other colours you need.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

News just in, Forgeworld are now producing their own power armoured Scrunts

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I quite like this guy, but he's got the same problem as the Centurions do - the groin plates make his legs look stumpy and it throws off the proportions.

That's appropriate, he's a Legion Centurion after all :downs:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

It gets better when you listen to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUW8sBaacQI in the background

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Raging Heroes had a Llamasu head for their Manticore but I'm not sure if they still sell it.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

When that dude survives the Dryad ambush he's totally getting recruited by the Space Wolves.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

SRM posted:

Oh jesus, those were like Parappa the Rappa's anime nightmare. I wish I could find them, they're horrifying.

This is the guy who made those Vocaloid Tau:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/387478.page
I'll say though, his Gundam Tau are actually pretty neat:

Looks neat but they picked the expensive option. Shoulda just bought a bunch of these - http://www.amazon.co.uk/RX-75-Guntank-GUNPLA-Gundam-Senshi/dp/B000TNJ1AS

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Len posted:

Is there a website that shows 40k models through the years? Like it would be cool to see the squads side by side from Rogue Trader on up to now.

Stuff of Legends kinda does that. It can be a bit of a pain to navigate and find specific minis sometimes but they have plenty of pics to browse through.

There's also the Collecting Citadel Miniatures Wiki though that seems more focussed on rare and weird limited edition and unreleased figures.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

'Rock Warriors' from an Indiegogo campaign. €20 gets you 10...

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

SRM posted:

Holy poo poo they still have Kyromek models! I grew up painting those and playing homebrew rules. My paintjobs from then would serve as pretty appropriate thread content, but the models are dope in that 90s way.

We should buy all the dino riders and send em to BuffChix :D

JcDent posted:

http://www.scotiagrendel.com/Products/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=217_218_59_63&products_id=2570

I don't think that I've ever seen an another model that wanted to be used as Leman Russ proxy that hard.

It'd work pretty well for a Sqiuggoth too.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

To be fair the angle on that Reaver doesn't help, they have a pronounced hunchback. It's also pretty much an exact upscale of the original GW one, so blame them not Armorcast ;)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Those are some neat uglies!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

While you could use regular D8s and assign each number to a hit/crit/focus/blank, the symbols being on the dice make it a lot simpler to quickly parse what effect your shooting has. Essentially the special dice aren't required but they are very handy.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Frobbe posted:

speaking of abominations, have this carefully curated image:

i count 11 land raiders,6 predator tanks and at least 12 razorbacks, plus whatever else has snuck its way into that thing.

GW used to sell some of the sprues separately as 'upgrade kits' so maybe that's what they used for some of it?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Ugh, unit fillers. Pretty much always terrible regardless of the content.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

The little one at the front is an old Citadel Familiar.

No idea why it's in the middle of the front rank though. I guess they ran out of real Daemonettes?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I hear you. If a recaster started selling copies of the original Imperial Robots or the Landship I'd be hella tempted.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

JcDent posted:

Once saw a vid with an Imperialised ogre being used as a filler, looked much cooler than say a casualty wagon. Though at that point of effort wouldn't it be easier to just model additional dudes.

Stuff like that's not so bad, the problem is when you end up with 10 guys and a big rock being used as a 20 strong unit.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

JcDent posted:

Only Bloodstone Skullrock ($99, 10 parts, have to buy Codex Aggregatus) is fit to use as a filler in GW games!

FTFY

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

In general I feel we have too much moola.

Moola posted:

this is also fine

some people don't have as much moola and want to make their model collection stretch further

That's OK, it just looks terrible. At that point you may as well play with bits of cardboard with 'Elf Spearmen' written on them.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Pierzak posted:

Here you go, it certainly belongs in this thread:

Is that an official new model or are they featuring someone's conversion?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

goatface posted:

The UK trademark is in their name. There's an EU trademark that seems to be these guys: http://www.gamezoneminiatures.com/ so they might just be handling the UK distribution.

FWIW Gamezone are the guys who claimed to have gotten hold of the Heroquest license and are apparently publishing an anniversary edition - http://www.heroquestclassic.com/en/.

I guess they're going after all the old MB/GW collaborations and banking on the nostalgic names.

The nekkid SOBs are still terrible though.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Atlas Hugged posted:

This hobby naturally attracts people who are terrible with money. I found a fully assembled Land Raider in the trashcan at the FLGS. It is still in my collection.

One of my friends is like this. He spends loads on fancy new armies and then just throws the stuff out later when he's bored and decides he can't be bothered with them. Never makes any effort to let anyone know he's getting rid of stuff so we can buy it off him or donate it to a gaming club, just goes straight in the trash.

Fortunately last time this happened another friend (who happens to live on the same street as him) found the stuff next day so we were able to salvage most of it. Was a bunch of Anima models (sadly some of them have missing parts due to being unceremoniously dropped), a load of Terminators, couple of Land Raiders and Dreadnoughts, and a good chunk of Silver Helms and Phoenix Guard. Easily a few hundred pounds of stuff.

Said friend is also known for complaining about having no spending money. I wonder why...

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Well hello there sailor

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Hauki posted:

im the metal gear-shaped pasties on the chariot's nipples

Metal Gear?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Ugleb posted:

Anyone else seen the Bob's Burgers Equestranauts episode?

Equestricles
:goonsay:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Thank you for the early preview of the next STORMCAST(TM) ETERNAL(TM) figure, though it needs more lightning bolts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

It's most definitely the robot from Metropolis. The name gives it away.