Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
1v1 challenges when there's 2 full tribes is pretty lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
So wait, people believe that there's already 2 or 3 idols in play at one camp on day 6?

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013

Context posted:

I'm all for hating on John Rocker, but I don't think he actually believed she had two idols. It's just hard to protect someone who is blatantly (and badly) lying to you like that.

I dunno - when he showed his vote he said something like "I TOLD you to play your idols"

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
Homosexual comments!

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
Keith is the best

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
Welp I guess we're gonna see more of the other tribe this week considering most of the "Previously on" was about them

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
Kelly is the best player here!

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
Hahahaha she's standing right behind him

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
Haha what? It was Jon that voted for Keith

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
I think we've been spoiled with the last couple seasons being more interesting than usual pre-merge. There have been plenty of good seasons that didn't really get going until the merge.

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
Kelley? Who's Kelley?

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
Ugh we're still doing 1v1 challenges even when it's not against loved one?

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
I mean, maybe it's just me but I didn't think his issue was at all about it being two gay guys showing a lot of affection. I took it as it bothered him because they were the only pair on the tribe and they were showing lots of affection while everyone else on the tribe either was split from their loved one or already had them voted out of the game.

It was more of a "I'm annoyed that I constantly have to watch how happy they are to be playing together when I don't have that option because some of these people already got rid of my wife" and that he would have felt that way regardless of if it was a gay or straight couple.

At least I could see myself feeling that way in his position, but maybe he was just being homophobic and I didn't read into it that way.

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
There was a "secret scene" on CBS's website this week that they didn't include in the episode that might be a clue to what/who the hinted med-evac will be.

Wes got stung on his foot by something in water (possibly a sting ray) and was looking like it could be a potentially nasty foot injury

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013

Met posted:

Can't wait for Keith's "I've done the worst thing in Survivor history!" from the Season preview to pay out.

Considering that the concept of a sub-alliance was a new idea to him - I don't think he's too up to speed with Survivor history.

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
We can still date cause we made the merge

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
Sounds like a Sticky Situation for Baylor

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
Julie quit time?

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013

Ghostpilot posted:

Julie is certainly one of the more selfish people to have played the game. Jeff was remarkably easy on her considering his stance on quitters.

Could be because one of his main issues with quitters is how hard so many people try to get on the show and you give up that opportunity. Whereas with Julie, she probably didn't care at all about being on Survivor. It was probably a case of Probst/casting being like "we want John Rocker on the show - hey John Rocker, make your girlfriend do this with you."

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013

Lone Goat posted:

Jeremy, Twinnie, Wes, Keith, Reid
vs
Jon, Alex, Josh, Baylor, Jaclyn

I missed it, were these teams drafted or assigned randomly?

Drafted. I always wished we could see how these drafts go.

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
#TACOOVERLOAD

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
VOTE HIM OUT FOR FARTING

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013

Lone Goat posted:

Incredible that people still believe in the winner's edit.

I love that Josh's hinky vote at the first Tribal Council is what did him in.

I do think the winner's edit definitely has existed a few seasons but the editors have done a good job with avoiding it recently.

And that was great that that came back to bite him. Shows him for trying to ride the "you owe me" thing when he voted for her a couple times early on.

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013

mancalamania posted:

I don't think he'll win, and I hope he doesn't win, but he's definitely an interesting throwback to the kind of old-school Survivor player we haven't seen in years.

This is very true and I think has made Keith one of the more fun players to watch for me. He's a lot more like old-school Survivor where they may not be the best with Survivor strategy, etc. but they are savvy enough and make the right choices when it comes down to it to keep them in a decent position.

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
Good news - it sounds like Probst finally got the memo that Redemption Island sucks after years of ignoring everyone's complaints.

Jeff Probst posted:

So just generally speaking, yes, I am glad that we decided to change it up — and in a weird way I owe thanks to Mike White. Mike is a big Survivor fan, a former contestant on Amazing Race and a tremendous writer/director/actor/storyteller. He was over at our house for dinner just a couple of weeks before we started shooting. I confided in him about the basic creative for the Blood vs. Water season and when I mentioned Redemption Island coming back he had a very lackluster response — “Oh, you’re doing Redemption again?” The words hit me like a stray, leftover Medallion of Power right between the eyes.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/11/13/survivor-jeff-probst-mike-white/

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
Lol soft drinks for Baylor

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
Don't want to get #BLINDSIDED

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013

Anonymous Zebra posted:

I would have to go back to episode 1 to confirm this, but I'm pretty sure the editors are intentionally putting a "Jeremy bitches endlessly" section after every single immunity challenge.

The trend continues

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013

Milovan Drecun posted:

The real surprise, though, was Alec/Wes/Keith voting Reed. Presumably they found out he went through Keith's stuff. It was still an idiotic waste of votes and showed they aren't playing the game at all. What was there plan once they took out Reed?

This may not be true at all and could be giving them more credit than they deserve, but it's possible they knew the word was out about the idol so they considered the other people may still be voting out Reed, but would split the votes with Keith to flush the idol. By them all voting Reed, it avoided a possible tie making it unnecessary to play.

At least this would make sense if they thought the other alliance was still wanting Reed out that vote.

Or they just have no clue what they're doing

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013

The Endbringer posted:

Oh Tony :allears:. Remember how awesome last season was? And now we have Missy and Alec.

I just binge watched Tocantins. I loved Coach during HvV, so it was great seeing his first season.

Tocantins was pretty great. It was the last time there was a newbie season that was really well casted overall (until last season of course)

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

It's 2 episodes. They started this season a week later than previous fall seasons so there had to be a double week.

Much prefer this than those times they cram two full episodes into 1 hour. Hopefully this means interesting stuff is going on so its not just challenge, tribal, challenge, tribal

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
I don't think the medevac in the preview will actually happen.

If she was actually gonna leave the game for it, it's more likely the preview would tease a medevac but wouldn't explicitly say it's Missy

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013

Ghostpilot posted:

Though it does suck you can get hosed by a gust of wind.

Yeah it looked like Jon's was stable and not even wobbling a little and then all of a sudden the wind just knocked it over.

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
Hahahahaha Alec

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
Lol including Wes talking about Two and a Half Men in the recap

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
Ugh I hate when they give "advantage" in immunity challenges this late in game.

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013

xbilkis posted:

They'd replace the idol since Jon got voted out with it, right? It seems weird that they didn't even show Jaclyn searching if there was a chance it could be found

Pretty sure idols are only replaced when they are played at tribal. If someone is voted out with an idol, it completely leaves the game and isn't replaced.

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
Holy poo poo did not expect Jax to win final immunity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
ALECFACE

• Locked thread