Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

icantfindaname posted:

The new thread title was supposed to be "Watch LF posters turn into neocons before your eyes"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pymXCkaklm8&t=1828s

Neocons made this world, we all have to live in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Cliff Racer posted:

Maybe you should cool off for a bit and return to the thread when you are in a better emotional state?

Unless you are always like this in which case, Christ.

He is just very passionate about the region and how awful it is that the pro-Russian terrorists are using civilians as human shields to make the Ukrainian army look bad.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
If we crank up nuclear weapon manufacturing again wouldn't that be a Federal jobs program? If we're working with atoms again maybe we should focus on nuclear power instead.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Cocoa Ninja posted:

My two cents for the comments on your site — dump them.

I disagree, I think the idea of logging IPs and looking for patterns is worth keeping in mind.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think Space X is dependent on Russia.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Why would Georgia even be a NATO member other than to troll Russia? In what tortured geographic logic can it be considered a North Atlantic state?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Nintendo Kid posted:

Italy was in NATO from day 1. Italy has absolutely no territory touching the Atlantic, northern or otherwise.

You can arguably say the Mediterranean is part of the Northern Hemisphere Atlantic waters. Not so with Georgia.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The Lybian Gouvernment of Muammar Kaddifi

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The Hess Truck toy for Christmas 2014 should be a Russian Aid Convoy that is a Nesting Doll of trucks carrying trucks.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
TWO watches!?!

Is one set to Moscow time? :ussr:

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Considering Pussy Riot ended up in a Siberian gulag, that may not be such a bad moveahahahaaha, who are we kidding.

Putin benevolently pardoned them for the Sochi Olympics.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

double nine posted:

Well duh. Having to work with Congress would literally kill him.

He would just send in the army like Yeltsin did.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Why is Lavrov at the Big Dog UNSC meeting instead of Putin?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Vice made a documentary on the Donetsk People's Republic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woD44CsR4jg

I get the impression from this that a lot of the groundswell support for secession in East Ukraine came from Older women and Afghan vets.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The question must be asked: is the global rise of terrorism a haphazard response to a decimated economy or is there a pattern? Does UNATCO face coordinated ideological opposition?

Some groups -- Silhouette in France, for instance—have declared a "Meme War," or "war of meanings" in their terminology. They spread email and pamphlets that lampoon the U.N.'s proposal for a one-world democracy, a tedious exercise in rudimentary propaganda. With sophistries and doublespeak, they portray "freedom" as "obedience," "democracy" as "tyranny," and UNATCO as the perpetrator of terrorism—an idea as shocking as it is reprehensible.

Other organizations, such as the self-proclaimed revolutionary National Secessionist Forces (NSF) in the U.S., claim allegiance to the Meme War, but are in fact no better than common criminals. They desire territory and wealth at the expense of society at large. Their "civil war" is merely a smokescreen for criminal activity.

Any population can be quickly turned against such "revolutionaries" simply by educating them about the U.N.'s policies and goals.

-- Joseph Manderley, Director, UNATCO

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm thinking between things like smartphones and satellite imagery it wouldn't be that hard for someone to figure out where a cache is for the UA.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Count Roland posted:

How would Russia go about creating a "land link" with Odessa? It is over 200km by road, and land forces must first cross the Dniepro River, overlooked by the city of Kherson of a few hundred thousand people. Then they must cross the Pivdennyi Buh, the bridge being in the middle of the city of Mykolaiv, another city of a few hundred thousand. It wouldn't be a straight forward excersise. Even if the bridges weren't just blown up and the towns fell easily, Russian/pro-Russian forces would be thinly stretched along the coast and very vulnerable to attack or harassment from the north.

It is a worst case scenario for older Cold Warriors who see Putin going all the way for a land link to TransNistria (with Kaliningrad in the cards).

I doubt he will go all in right away, the salami tactics will continue, but I don't see how he can create a plausible cover for blitzkreiging through Mariupol to have land access to Crimea.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
America and Russia shouldn't nuke each other. They should nuke ISIL and reap the economic benefits of rebuilding the Middle East.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The Russians are really going to regret pushing this idea when the Eurasian ethnoempires of the 22nd century get owned by queer, spanglish-speaking, mocha-skinned Americans.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jarmak posted:

The fact that they have any success at all defending against the Russians is an illustration of how weak Russia is. The nuclear trump is literally all Russia has.

The Russians haven't gone all in. Remember Putin's threat to Barroso.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32akHuL9i0A

(Pretend Michael Bluth is Dima)

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
http://youtubedoubler.com/dPPZ

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
New page edit:

In the interest of editorial balance

youtube commenter posted:

Actually, there has never been any evidence that it was BUK which shot down the plane. And Strelkov mentioning having BUK in his possession does not mean that installation was even operational. You need more than just a a rocket carrier to effectively use that thing. You need a radar, and a skilled crew. I personally think Ukraine shot down that plane at the behest of Washington who needed to force EU into enacting sectoral sanctions against Russia.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Ukraine should have kept their nukes.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm waiting for the Outer Space treaties to start getting scrapped, I give it 5 or 10 years.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
If you take Siberia, I'll take your girl.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Brown Moses posted:

Mainly just people being arseholes on Twitter, nothing serious.

Does anyone still use the incredibly clever 'Brown Poo-Poo' nickname?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

TeodorMorozov posted:

Actually your anonymity is not so big weakness that can be found in your so called investigation.
But of course it will be first thing that give a reason to not take it seriously.

How much crowbar antifreeze did you drink before you wrote this post?

Everyone here knows BM's real life identity, and he has made multiple media appearances.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

awesome-express posted:

So is Teodor going to start posting that pic as proof now? Russians will obv eat this up, right?

Let me post for him:

'Look how Russian Military can back claims with a satellite photograph. Where are the photos to back NATO's claim of troops on the border? All you have is anonymous claims and Russophobic lies, we have photo evidence :smug:'

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Andropov Schlavich's Russopedia

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Still waiting for updates on the US-Russia Tank Biathlon

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZI_aEalijE

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZQ50ZXwPyw

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3THVbr4hlY

I'll get that pipeline...

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Forgall posted:

This looks like Dees photoshop.

Has Dees been living on FSB's wingnut welfare? :tinfoil:

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Flaky posted:

http://ytchannelembed.com/videos/watch/n4unEJSWaUI#.VH8M2zGG-Sr

more dope commentary on ukraine and what is next

Why are they using a bluescreen? It looks really skeevy.

Edit: nevermind, when he sits down for the Q&A things look real, maybe it was just the blue lighting and the close up lens.

Mc Do Well fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Dec 3, 2014

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30318898

Oh that John.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

A Pale Horse posted:

He's not wrong, lol. Orban is certainly the farthest right of any leader in the EU currently although neo-fascist might be a bit hyperbolic and a TV producer who's sole asset appears to be bundling money for the president is probably a terrible choice for ambassador to such a country. Like if he made her ambassador to Tuvalu or Bahamas or something, fine, but Hungary?

Sending someone unimportant shows Hungary that if they are going to elect people like Orban we aren't going to be that friendly with them. If Hungary wants to be on Putin's side, let it - that is the EU's problem imo.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Rahm Emmanuel walks up to Obamma sweaty and pale "Barry you're not gonna fuckin believe this, it's the Russians. It's that poo poo Putin. In Africa! French markings!"

'Settle down, Rahm.'

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Watch Putin start a loving war.

'You can't take away our Mastercard! You'll live to regret this!'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Young Freud posted:

So, Russia, you've got hosed by the big strong man again, like you have always done. Have you tried homonazism? I hear you don't starve in the winter with homonazism.

NatBols should rebrand as Gay Nazis.

• Locked thread