Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Great episode. It kind of works out well for the UFC because you can give Tecia a win on the finale and make her the first title challenger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

1st AD posted:

Getting TUF off FS1 would probably help a lot b

The difficult part is that it would do much better numbers on another channel, but even at its low rating now, it's BY FAR the most watched thing on FS1 that's not live sports, so they probably have no desire to move it.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

Is Felice Herrig a real person or an elaborate troll? It's hard to tell, but either way I hope she dies

I'd bet anything Felice Herrig was given pretty good instruction to do exactly what she's doing by Dana White.

I don't mind her, honestly. She's annoying, but she seems pretty savvy in regards to the business. I can see why people hate her or at the very least don't respect how she goes about things, but I can see the genius (for lack of a better term) in her ways.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hobojim posted:

Am I the only one who's kind of annoyed by Magana? The way she talks and her mannerisms give me serious serial-killer vibes. Which I guess isn't a terrible thing in a fighter.

The whole "fingers in my ears, la-la-la-I-can't-hear-you" thing was pretty odd, too, and even Felice seemed a bit weirded out by her outburst.

Not that Heather doesn't also sound annoying, mind you.

I thought the mannerisms thing were extremely apparent in the first episode but I've come to be okay with her since then. I think she's just odd. The fingers in the ears thing was dumb but Heather loving sucks and she doesn't seem to respond to anything adult so gently caress it.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I assume it was Zak Jenson solely on the basis of spelling his name Zak

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

LobsterMobster posted:

Hockey, I believe

No, baseball.

There's no baseball tonight but there would have been had the two series not ended yesterday.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

CommonShore posted:

Will there be a new ep this week?

Not til the 22nd last I heard

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

colonel_korn posted:

lol http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Heather-Clark-Lisa-Ellis-Point-to-Angela-Magana-as-Bullying-Leader-on-TUF-20-76147

But yeah basically it seems like Team Melendez got really cliquey with Magana/Bec/Rose/Hill/Kagan on one side and Clark, Ellis and Torres being left out.

A whiner who was always too hurt to train and two people who lost early not being focused on by the coaches really shouldn't be a surprise.

Hobojim posted:

I agree that it would be annoying, and telling someone off for it is certainly acceptable and even encouraged, but telling someone off in a very stilted awkward way, then jamming your fingers in your ears and yelling like a three-year-old is really dumb and bad. And then she repeated her performance in front of the team and the coaches on the mat later when the team brought Heather over so they weren't talking behind her back. Maybe I'm being too harsh on Magana, but I can kind of feel for Heather in that situation. There's no way to win an argument against that kind of stupidity, and her laughing it off like any sane person would made the team apparently hate her more. Not that she didn't deserve the hate, I'm sure.

They tried being civil and she had a bullshit excuse for literally everything. Magana is weird as gently caress anyway but her fingers in the ears poo poo was pretty clearly a response to the same repeated bullshit from Clark over and over again. She did nothing and then took the ice bath time and tried to make excuses for that. Her knee and everything else seemed fine when it didn't involve training, then it magically appeared to hurt. She acts like a child so Magana treated her like one. Two wrongs don't make a right and all, but who cares.

Heather Clark loving sucks and she looks she walked out of a Spy vs. Spy comic.

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Oct 24, 2014

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Does it matter if it's cliquey?

Every TUF season ends up that way

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Magana is loony. Thank god Budnik kicked her rear end.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Ironic Twist posted:

Something I just realized today: The guy Conor McGregor knocked out in Dublin, Diego Brandao, was Heather Clark's ex-husband.

Hahahaha this explains so much

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

PaganGoatPants posted:

I laughed hard at the "I'd rather be wrong and happy" line or something like that. What the hell was she talking about?

What? She said you can either be right or you can be happy so instead of being an rear end and standing her ground, she apologized to Heather and got it off her shoulders.

I mean, it was dumb anyway, but it wasn't THAT stupid.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

origami posted:

Pretty sure it was confirmed everyone including Heather was coming back. Any honestly - why not? She got a bunch of face time on TUF and she fought through a torn ACL with her entire team calling her a faker. She comes off annoying as hell but it sounds like she fought hard through a real injury despite being alienated and isolated the entire time.

maybe she's like mobn and her near-death experience and reason for being unable to train turned out to be just an ingrown leg hair

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

It goes on that Fox Sports Go app for a few weeks before they can put it on Fight Pass. Last season had a 3-4 week delay or something like that IIRC.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

mewse posted:

Things can change, Fight Pass didn't exist when UFC signed their contract with fox.

It's almost pitiful watching tv networks clutch desperately to the old cable tv system. "Sure we have a streaming service"

At this point, I'd imagine it has more to do with TUF being pretty much the only non-live sports programs on the network that draws more than a pittance and them wanting to protect it.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lloyd Boner posted:

Magana is the worst

This.

E: I don't like heather at all but how in the loving hell can you expect her to NOT help given how they treat her.

"You can't rationalize with someone mentally disturbed" - a thing said by Angela loving Magana

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Nov 13, 2014

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Felice gon die

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

There's no way Randa Markos is the 14th best fighter on the show, either, so it's not like Tecia didn't get hosed, too.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

I wouldn't say she got hosed. The fighters had no say in their seeding. Prior to the show, Randa had only 5 fights in extreme B leagues and she lost one of those. Seeding her the way they did is reasonable. She wasn't exactly a known quantity because she hadn't been fighting the ostensible best in Invicta.

Fair enough.

At the end of the day, Bec seemed to be worried about literally everything other than fighting Tecia, so it's her own loving fault she lost.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Cancel the show and just air one hour blocks of JoJo talking.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

So a RoufosSport kickboxer died from head trauma over the weekend in a fight where I guess the towel should've been thrown in and Rose is going all in on Instagram with stories from people who trained there in the past and it's not pretty at all.

Not near a computer so I can't post the pics right now but it's really loving disgusting stuff.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Yuriy posted:

This is being talked about mainly in the Combat Sports thread stickied up top

My bad. I didn't realize that was a convo thread

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Randa owns. Felice sucks. Carla looks like the Mexican offspring of John Clayton.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I could be remembering this wrong, but wasn't Randa the one who abstained from the vote. So how exactly is she going back on her word.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Angela is a loving psycho so I'm not surprised at all by that

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I don't see how the Carla-Tecia winner could lose to Penne

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Yuriy posted:

also she has the world's worst haircut

Don't hate on the Budnick, my man

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

I think it was mentioned earlier that episodes of TUF are usually available the next day on Itunes and similar services. Is the same thing done for FS1 fight cards? I'm trying to decide if I want to go through the hassle of avoiding spoilers for the championship fight on Friday since I don't have cable, and it being available Saturday would make it a lot easier.

From a quick iTunes search, it looks like they put an abbreviated version with the finals from the show only on iTunes.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

eshock posted:

Uhhhhh so Angela basically killed her husband?

I can't think of anything less surprising than that revelation would be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I hope Rose wins because it's the only way I'll ever see Pat Barry touch a UFC belt

• Locked thread