Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Seriously bro?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

Putty Arrow Bro!!!

Boomerang arrow. It comes back to you at the end. Boomerang. Respect it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Why because, boomerangs.

USB arrow. Holds 256mb, that's like 4 whole albums.

Kate on AoS, do it Marvel.

Kate Clint Barney and Pizza Dog the entire Hawkeye family.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

"We are! The ninety-nine percent! We are!"

No you aren't. Shut up. Gahhd

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

I have no idea what any of you are talking about right now.

Go read Hawkeye by Matt Fraction. The very first page is a reference to the Avengers movie!
Okay this looks bad.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Javid posted:

At that point why don't they just make a movie instead of being crammed into an episodic format unnecessarily?

The made a deal with Netflixs and these are characters that maybe unable to carry a movie.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Masonity posted:

Have we actually had confirmation that the netflix shows will drop as a full series?
Here in the UK breaking bad was netflix exclusive towards the end yet it still released one episode a week. We're not privy to the actual contract so it may still include a staggered release.

Breaking bad was still being shown on AMC. Daredevil is only being shown on Netflix

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Its not his fault that she in the house when he set it on fire. Its hers!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

OmniBeer posted:

"I don't have any time for your RIDDLES, Nigma!"

Yes. Yes it did.

That guy is such a joker.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Xtanstic posted:

Based on the dramatic camera lingering on Xena's arm at the end, I believe that they will regrow her from her arm.

Was Simmons being AIM a popular fan theory or is that just a thing I read in this thread?

Yeah, but it seems that she has only been confirmed for this episode. I assume she will be back, but maybe as the cliffhanger at the end of the first half of the season.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Timett posted:

So is there a big marvel film that will release during this shows run and potentially affect things on SHIELD this season?

Do not think so, as Avengers will be coming out the a week or two before the finale, so it might influence the final episode. It might also just influence set up for season 3.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Timett posted:

I saw that Ultron was in May and I guess that just seems really far away. Is this season really not going to have ended like 8 months from now?

This is the frustrating thing about network television. I would think I'd be used to it by now.

At least Carter will help fill a break.

It will be a block of 10 then Agent Carter, and ending with the final 13.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

CeeJee posted:

They'll probably just magi-clone a new Lucy Lawless from the hand clutching the artifact. Some poor sap (or Ward) is forced to hold it as well and turns to dust as she grows back.

Hail Madame Hydra

poo poo this makes so much sense especially with certain characters that we know are going to be showing up. I hope it is Ward, but him thinking that its a way to get on the teams good side, but since you know crazy and Nazi science it backfires.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Jamesman posted:

"Bring me some pie, and some black coffee."

HOWS SKY? HOWS SKY?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

ashpanash posted:

WHERE'S SIMMONS, STRING? WHERE THE gently caress IS SIMMONS?

SHIELD? gently caress that poo poo! HYDRA!
Inhuman wants to gently caress! Inhuman wants to gently caress Medusa!

Maximus! I'm holding in my hand a box of small chocolate bunnies.
drat good food. Maximus , if you ever get up this way, that cherry pie is worth a stop.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Oct 1, 2014

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

http://screenrant.com/marvel-netflix-deal-tv-shows-daredevil-luke-cage-iron-fist-jessica-jones/

They greenlit Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones and a team up show called The Defenders for Netflix. That is about 60 episodes worth of shows greenlit outright for Netflix at a time when AoS hadn't been officially confirmed for a second season yet. Them announcing 60 episodes of content across 4 shows and a mini-series for Netflix when things seemed up in the air for AoS is indicative of AoS not really being a priority, at least at the time. Keep in mind that it is not at all unusual to announce that a show is picked up for more than one season, so them throwing cash at four other Marvel shows for Netflix and then waiting pretty long just to give AoS the 1 season pick up is kind of damning.

If you look at the date its when they only aired 7 episodes. They also were having tie ins with the movie. They saw it as a great deal and did not show they did not care about Shield at all.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

They also announced it as a full season after 3 episodes, and included tie ins with the movies.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The Sharmat posted:

Is this subject matter really suitable for ABC Family? I mean the show immolated a person on screen at one point last season.

The only reason that they have The 700 Club is due to the contract saying that they have to.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Barry Convex posted:

No, what I was referring to is the far stranger fact that Marvel is producing literally nothing in the way of tie-in comics, which smacks of corporate political drama through and through.

You mean like this?
http://marvel.com/news/comics/22976/sdcc_2014_shield.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The Sharmat posted:

They do kind of need to work on making Hawkeye not boring, though.

Dog + Coffee + Brother + seriously, Bro

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The Lord Bude posted:

Hawkeye was the best thing in the avengers movie. I wish he'd get his own film.

He was the best thing as the movie caused for Fractions Hawkeye to be greenlit and that comic is amazing.

Okay this looks bad.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Mokinokaro posted:

So bets on Fitz eventually having to confront brainwashed Simmons? Seems an obvious way for their arcs to go.

Same with Ward possibly having been unknowingly subjected to the procedure.

But that goes completely against the flashback we saw last season. I can see him saying that he was and that is why he was loyal to them, but he is just full of poo poo.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

johntfs posted:

I love the Luchidor episode, too, though the few episodes prior to that were cool just because of the dude wearing the mask delivering the mail and nobody really noticing.

"Is there a Geppetto in the house?!"

Smile Time was also a bittersweet episode because it was the last real appearance of Fred before Illyria. I love how Amy Acker can morph from cute nerd to Chaos God to housewife to second-chair cellist (and Coulson's old girlfriend) to semi-psychopathic high priestess of a Machine God. Forget "Gone Girl." Amy Acker is the true "Amazing Amy."

I know it would never happen, but I would love it if it turned out that Audrey was Root playing a role to help the Machine save/shape Coulson.

Yep that was the episode Fred and Wes finally got together.

"Would you like me to lie to you now?"
Yes.
Thank you. Yes.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The Lord Bude posted:

Sounds like the sort of thing a dog would come in handy for...

Cosmo: Agent of Shield!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Scapegoat posted:

Inhumans are also linked to the Kree (can't remember the whole backstory), so I'm almost certain that was a Kree. Question about rights though, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are both mutants, how did they manage to get them into Avengers (even though they are Avengers, hell Spider-man is an Avenger).

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver joined the avengers in 65 and Scarlet Witch was involved with that franchise ever sense. Quicksilver was also involved with it except he was part of X-factor and some other x-titles. However this was in the 90s, so he was an Avengers character for 30 years at that point. Spider-man joined the avengers in the early 2000, so that really is not a factor.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Barry Convex posted:

The Inhumans are not going to be introduced to the MCU on this show so long as Marvel is even considering a film. Deal with it.

Unless the inhumans are introduced in Age of Ultron, and the finale might reveal that Skye is one.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

Or instead of making pointless concrete declarations for no reason, we could be a bit more rational and guess that the group known as "The Inhumans" will not debut on the show, but the general "race" might in some capacity do so, even if they aren't named inhumans until after a movie does so. We've already had Kree named dropped and likely shown on the show months before Kree popped up in a movie.

Hell there is the rumor that a character from the show is going to be in the movie, so he might bring the group intel about them.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gynovore posted:

The Avengers don't have a "No Mutants Allowed" sign on the clubhouse door. Hank, Wolvie and Storm were all members for a while.

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were some of the original recruits. They joined the same time as Hawkeye. Cap's Quirky Quartet

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Javid posted:

I'd rather they got to it this season than dick along with it forever and risk getting canceled before they wrap it up.

I think they will say she is Kree since that has already been fully introduced and anything else will be something shocking at the end of the season.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Pwnstar posted:

Ok so I have a comic nerd question. Spider-Man was bitten by a radioactive spider/Bruce Banner was bombarded with gamma rays and their DNA was altered. I assume this makes them mutants but I guess X-Men are capital letter Mutants because they were born that way, just like Lady Gaga? Is there an actual difference or is it just about who can stay in which clubhouse?

Mutants are born that way the others had things happen to them that caused powers.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Barry Convex posted:

Given the need to avoid stepping on the toes of a future Inhumans movie, which would presumably go into their origins in much greater detail, how "not very deep" could the show go into those things while still offering more than cryptic teases that do little more in practice than remind audiences that the Big Serialized Mystery in question exists? It doesn't sound workable to me at all, sorry.

And for what it's worth, this is only speculation, but I'm like 75% sure that Skye's father is the MCU High Evolutionary, adapted here as a more traditional mad scientist archetype, and that he's familiar with the Kree through his past experiments rather than being of extraterrestrial origin himself. Now that's a direction that wouldn't overlap with the films too much.

That she is kree and has superpowers. The idea that she is inhuman does not need to be mentioned as they do not have a name for it yet.
In the comics the inhumans are introduced by having Madusa as a villain for a couple of issues then you meet more of them, and thats when you meet rest of the Inhuman royal family.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Oct 11, 2014

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Barry Convex posted:

If the writers feel comfortable introducing a character like Absorbing Man without any explanation whatsoever of his origins, and can't touch Attilan or the classic characters, why exactly would they need or want Terrigenesis as a catch-all explanation for superpowers in the first place?

Absorbing Man is related to Loki and Asgard. Marvel is also considering an Inhuman movie so I thought they could use the characters.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Hakkesshu posted:

The whole Inhuman thing is mainly due to Marvel pushing an event book called Inhumanity last year but that was tanked by production issues, and they haven't really done anything with them since. I don't think there's any real evidence of them being incorporated into the MCU, but even so they literally cannot use the word mutants, so who cares what other term they use?

Ms. Marvel is a hit for them and she is an inhuman. The series also had a shitton of delays, but is now back on a regular schedule.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Deadpool posted:

Reed Diamond: Supervillain is something I'm pretty sure I've always wanted but just never consciously. He's great.

Only The Thing can stop him now.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

VBane posted:

The guy playing Whitehall is a Whedon actor right? Wasn't the first head of security on Dollhouse or am I getting actors mixed up?

Forgot that mask was in Winter Soldier.

May vs May, all I could have hoped for but that dropkick and the table finisher were things of beauty.

Its so sad to think that Fitz honestly thinks that Simmons left because she couldn't be around him after he'd confessed his feelings.

He was in dollhouse, but he is most famous for starring in Homicide and The Shield.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

It would be kind of funny if after all this time Skye turned out to actually be Daisy Johnson.

Daisy Johnson is loving awesome and would be awesome to see her on tv

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Man just wants the spice to flow.

I thought he wanted to coffee and pie to flow :(

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Pumpkin spice into his coffee. Hes seasonal like that.

He likes Pumpkin Spice? He truly is evil.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Yeah, this is interesting.

Personally, I think that Simmons is not brainwashed, since the end of the first Simmons episode this season showed the Hyrda agents, talking only to themselves, deciding that Simmons was someone they trust for now, and they never were shown to get suspicious of her again until she was literally having to flee down the hallways.

BUT, I think Mockingbird being brainwashed is a possibility. She sent Simmons up to the roof while she went to confront the Hydra agent, and that was a prime opportunity for him to make her Comply.

I thought they showed that brainwashing takes a long time. They made it seem they were brainwashing Agent 33 for a long time before they broke her, unless you are saying that she is just activated at that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Tunklord Supreme posted:

Nick Fury has an old flame in the comics named the Contessa Valentina Allegra di Fontaine, but I may be reaching a bit for that connection.

She also ended up being a traitor and member of a group called Leviathan.

• Locked thread