Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

PunkBoy posted:

Note the two Wards at the back, and the snarl-like shadow next to the Ward on the right. Wonder what that could be?

Dr. Who crossover

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I doubt either Simmons or Mockingbird are brainwashed. They both seem to be aware of where the Shield base is, it doesn't make a lot of sense for Hydra to try to get spies in to keep an eye on the last 8 Shield dudes vs just using the brainwashing to get the location and storm the place.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Lord Bude posted:

How is that even remotely similar? We're talking about one actor who is obviously too old to be the 2 or 3 year older brother of another actor. May's age has never been specified.

Maybe Grant was an accident

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Moriatti posted:

IDK, I think arguing comic semantics on the internet is something we should not be doing

You are right!

I think instead we should all be discussing how mad/sad we are that Marvel didn't announce a ROM: Spaceknight movie.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Quasipox posted:

I mean, between how you divide screen time between that many personalities and how you explain or retcon anything already established (not that comics/comic movies havent' done that; it's just the MCU I'd imagine is kind of set in stone, beyond any minor stuff that I'm sure I can't remember).

Or how you reconcile Beast being "Beloved Scion of Humanity" or "Filthy mutant that must die!" depending on if he's working with the Avengers or the X-men that day.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Burning_Monk posted:

The actors himself believes Ward didn't kill the dog.

Ward didn't do it. Other-Ward did it.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

greatn posted:

Maybe the third Ward brother is a twin, and good, can replace him.

It'll play out like Army of Darkness!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

hollylolly posted:

Buddy is still alive and will return to exact his revenge on Ward.

Buddy is actually Cosmo

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Deadpool posted:

A major shakeup perhaps? Sorry, don't want to get to too Gotham-y there.

A Gotham level major shakeup? Is Skye gonna be put in charge of lanyards?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Are there really that many people who would watch Agent Carter that aren't already watching shield?

Eh, you might get people that liked her in Captain America but weren't sold on a SHIELD show watching it

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kheldarn posted:

Proof that Buddy is an Inhuman.

Actually that's Skye. Her powers are going to come as a shock to everyone

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

The MSJ posted:

Skye and Raina are probably the type of characters the comic refers to as Nuhumans.

I'm just gonna say what we're all thinking here: Skye is actually Buddy

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kheldarn posted:

Not having seen the non-Dolph Punisher movie, I did a GIS to see Thomas Jane as Punisher. My first thought was, "He looks like Tony Hawk.", followed by, "He doesn't really look like Punisher.".

I liked Ray Stevenson's version

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dexo posted:

Cat Lady :pervert:

I get more of a "quill" vibe from that shot. Like a hedgehog or porcupine

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Himuro posted:

I doubt it'll get better. The characters aren't even characters anymore. The character interaction of season 1? Gone. Skye is basically a non-character now. She hasn't hacked once this entire season and displays none of her past ideological underpinnings that made me like her. All she cares about is finding her dad and doing what Coulson says and being May-lite.

I, too, find it reprehensible that they don't have Skye running around in wet low cut dresses anymore. Bring back the glory days of the first half of season one imo.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

enraged_camel posted:

I wonder if people will call Skye Daisy now that everyone learned that's her real name.

"THAT'S NOT MY NAME"

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

enraged_camel posted:

I think the mask is damaged, can't be reprogrammed and is permanently stuck to her face.

What if they put a second mask on her?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Burning_Monk posted:

I can't think of a better fight moment in recent cable TV than May head slamming agent 33 against the coffee table.

gently caress the haters.

The gold standard all media tries to live up to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9rrgJXfLns

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

TyrantWD posted:

I'm expecting Agent Carter to be decent - no more, no less. The previews make this whole mini series look like an excuse to name drop while people ogle at Haley Atwell.

I felt the same way about Pillars of the Earth

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Running faster than the Flash is high praise indeed.

He only claims to be the fastest man alive

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Marvel's Agents of Etymology

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Deadpool posted:

Again, I don't want a plucky rag tag group of people forming SHIELD from the ground up on this show. I want Peggy and Jarvis pulling jobs behind the back of the actual agents. That's what was fun about the first two episodes. I don't want a mirror version of SHIELD. If it were to turn into that I would be disappointed.

Season two Peggy will take the role of Pai Mei and teach Nick Fury everything he knows

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Polaron posted:

I think it's the fact that you can see a car trailing them closely, and the fact that he had absolutely no backup with him for some reason. Plus the street they're on is clearly deserted, so there's nobody else around to help out.

Yeah, its the usual TV stupidity. "We're taking all these inventions back to the base in a heavily defended convoy. You will take the only witness back to the same base, but be sure to take a completely different route and go all alone"

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

jivjov posted:

Ask them if their characters hosed, or just talked

Also ask if they'd ever consider introducing something as major as the Inhumans on a TV show

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

DancinBrud posted:

When this happened, I said to myself, "I hope somebody in the thread thinks this means he poisoned the guard, too" and you delivered. Thank you!

It's about time that Agent Carter had it's Ward/May controversy!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Vendetta posted:

It was a cyanide bullet?

Maybe it was a sapphire bullet and we've been interpreting this thing wrong the whole time!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kheldarn posted:

Every season should be 52 episodes. No breaks. Ever.

Perhaps "Days of Our Lives" would be more up your alley!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kheldarn posted:

I'm leery about his Dread Pirate Robets costume...

Every night Stick would say, "Good night, Murdock. Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning."

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bruceski posted:

Dangit show, don't call it a one-time-pad cipher if you're going to have someone crack it. The point is that pad ciphers are uncrackable without the code! Call it any other cipher, or make a joke that it wasn't encoded at all but nobody spoke Russian, something!

No, no, no. The Russians misunderstood the concept and thought it was a pad you only needed to create once so they used it for everything. It's so commonplace that Peggy knows it by heart!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Look, Peter Parker wears/wore glasses, right? So does Clark Kent. It's a flawless disguise.

Hmm, you might be on to something here. Spider-man wears red and blue. Superman wears red and blue.

Can Spidy get his speed up to blur status? Someone get the CW on the line!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Maxwell Lord posted:

So she becomes Edge?

She'll need a way more awesome theme song for that

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

DukeofCA posted:

I can't wait for the inevitable Peggy/Dottie shipping.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

muscles like this? posted:

Didn't he say he got injured in the Pacific theater?

If it wasn't for Captain America, he wouldn't have spent that year in the South Pacific.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

So if you cut off one head two take its place. What happens if you just shoot all the heads simeltaneously ?

Hydra has to order a monogrammed table that is twice as large

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

FoF posted:

I have to say them working for ultron (though maybe not knowing it's ultron) seems pretty reasonable and fits a formula very similar to season one with their being secret hydra elements leading up to Cap 2.

It's more likely some sort of loyalty test by Coulson, he seems to like that sort of thing

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mylan posted:

Except for "the temple," which had fully functional stone slab doors and a stone pedestal to activate the diviner. It was clearly designed that way.

A better explanation is the Kree subcontracted the Goa'ould for all their construction needs.

Ptah's services are highly sought after.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kheldarn posted:

I don't know why this scene was deleted. It's clearly the best scene from last night's episode.

Mack needs that hat

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
You know what this show needs? Kymellians

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

PriorMarcus posted:

She's working for someone against SHIELD, it won't be anyone like Stark or Hill. It might be something insane like the Skrulls or Thanos though.

They're clearly working for Banner. The Hulk was the heavy backup they were going to call in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cocks Cable posted:

The best part of this episode for me was the super villain team tightly squeezed into a booth at the local Dennys and no one paid them any attention.

They are by no means the weirdest group I've seen at a Denny's

• Locked thread