Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

eriktown posted:

It does kind of look like one, now that you mention it.

There's a pretty similar pattern in Skye's shadow though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Daredevil's on Netflix around that time too isn't it?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Moriatti posted:

Does Thanos even need a helicopter?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

One of the best Star Trek movies.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

I thought they might be sharing sets or something.

I'd really like to see more links between the two shows, given the SSR base provides a perfect link.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Lots of neat stuff in the episode, but it felt like the middle chapters of a book rather than a complete thing in its own right. Looking forward to next week.

Bruceski posted:

Well, I think my brother put it best last episode. "Totally a spy. She's normal proportioned and looks as tall as our cousin (6'4" or so). There's no WAY she's a ballerina!"

Yeah, you don't introduce a character like that unless she's going to be someone, and given the kind of show it is there really weren't a lot of options.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

It's frequently around a week to shoot an episode but it varies a lot, and that doesn't include pre-/post-production time etc.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

I don't know how TV-friendly his powers are either.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

I assumed that her relationship with Hunter was the MCU version of her relationship with Hawkguy.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

MikeJF posted:

Catching my way through the series. Does Fitz ever stop being so bitchy and passive-aggressive?

Yeah, there gets to be a point where it doesn't seem like Fitz and Simmons share a brain and personality.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Doronin posted:

And since this show has been heavily tied in to the movies, I'm really intrigued to see what sort of tie-ins we get now that an actual Avengers movie is back on the table. Unless they stay with Inhumans and the whole 'survivors' aspect that was teased in the stingers to one of the other movies. Can't remember if it was Thor 2 or Cap 2 where that was mentioned.
At the end of Cap 2 we saw Strucker (the head of HYDRA, who was namedropped in this episode and a few others) experimenting on Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch who are presumed to be Inhumans and who will be in AoU.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Doronin posted:

Although I still can't figure out where GotG fits in.
GotG grinds to a dead stop at several points to set up things for Avengers 3. It's probably the worst MCU movie for cramming in unnecessary set up.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Fanzay posted:

One thing struck me the other night, as I was rewatching The Winter Soldier. Steve Rogers was SHIELD level 8, and as such should have been privy to Coulson's revival.

I assume that just meant he had clearance to know, not that he had been informed about it.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Electromax posted:

To be fair, their whole thing is that Fury was going about it the wrong way and they needed a new leadership paradigm. I don't know why Fury being alive would make them decide to trust his leadership again, I think they're pretty much done with him as a leader regardless, and they wouldn't give a crap if Fury officially anointed Coulson because he represents 'the old (failed) way'.

Yup. They had issues with Fury keeping secrets, which is exactly what he's still doing.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

gfanikf posted:

Am I the only one who is bothered by the whole Phil is Nicks choice reasoning? I mean I understand a preference for a successor in an organization, but does it really carry that much weight? I mean keep in mind Fury was subordinate to Pierce and the World Security Council. I mean if Shield under EJO is reconstituted under that authority, isn't that a more valid chain of command? I dunno I just feel like this might wind up being Talbot Part 2 and they'll merge eventually or some sort of Talbot like relationship.

I mean yes EJO Shield has done some slightly dickish things, but it doesn't strike me as evil or potentially invalid. I mean they go a long way with all the flashbacks to show they are good people and it's not just Crossbones type guys or mercs.
That's what I was thinking too; with a few obvious exceptions they've set up a bunch of real-SHIELD people to be good people doing things for good (but arguably flawed) reasons, meaning it wouldn't be too hard to reintegrate them into the main group.

I don't see how what they're doing was much different from Coulson and co shooting up the Guest House either.

Xealot posted:

But if he's the legitimate successor chosen by their CO, that makes them literal mutineers for denying him and they'd have to come to terms with that.
They came to terms with it on day zero. They only reason they exist as a group is because they disobeyed a direct order from Fury.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Lose one tooth and two more shall take its place.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

It'd be perfect for Rob Liefeld to draw though.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Slashrat posted:

I just realized what nuShield's logo reminds me of...

Whereas the old SHIELD logo looks nothing like that! The shield was round and everything!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Has there even been any foreshadowing of this theta protocol poo poo? I feel like it just got dropped now and they're like "yeah this whole time Coulson's been doing poo poo! Yeah!"
Nope. E: Maybe one mention before the last few episodes?

Fury's Toolbox only really started being an actual MacGuffin in this half of the season as well (it had a few blink-and-you'll-miss-it appearances earlier though).

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Apr 16, 2015

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Given AoS comes out in a few days have there been any official comments on when the remaining AoS episodes fit in?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

they had to figure out something else to do with the show in the meantime.
It's too bad they never did though.

E: Irish Joe said it better, which is a weird thing to say.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Heathen posted:

"You know what iritates me about this show I don't really enjoy? It's not on often enough."

What's it like not understanding the concept of pacing?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

HBO's schedule is reliable, Netflix's is used-controlled, and both are far superior to the random, clunky breaks that AoS had in its first season. There's a 3 month period with 4 episodes, and nothing in there was a strong enough cliffhanger to use as an endpoint (unlike Skye's transformation before the mid-season gap this time).

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Heathen posted:

I don't understand someone finding a show so offensively boring that they give up on it twice in one season then complain about the wait for the next episode. That's not a pacing problem.
Someone marathoning through a show can just shrug after a dull episode and then queue up the next one. Someone watching it as its aired might just not come back at all, especially if it's a month-long gap.

The schedule should absolutely affect how the show is paced for a broadcast viewer (hence things like Sky's transformation right before the midseason break), and it's one of the many things they hosed up in S1.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Barry Convex posted:

I think those reviewers assumed Theta Protocol was just summoning the Avengers. I also think those reviewers were probably wrong, since as you say, it doesn't fit the previous hints, and doesn't even make narrative sense since it means Theta Protocol would have to be more or less irrelevant to the final three episodes.
It also doesn't really fit with the movie, given the Avengers seemed to be working together for some time to recover the Sceptre, and that Hill doesn't seem to be an authority figure to them in the way that Fury is.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Boris Galerkin posted:

Do we know whats this thing on the ship that they keep talking about? Either through the comics or whatever.

Nothing beyond guesses.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Watching the movie before the show made it seem like the Avengers had been playing Hunt the Sceptre for far longer than a few days.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

mastajake posted:

Just marathoned through the series and really enjoyed it. I looked at a timeline that recommended watching Agent Carter's first (only? IMDB has the main actress in like 18 episodes for some reason, but there were only 8) season in between episodes 10 and 11, but there didn't seem to be any reason to do so, since there were no references or anything.
18 episodes includes season 2.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Mr Beens posted:

I really hate this trend of taking a video and turning it into multiple subtitled gifs.

It's great if you're viewing it somewhere you don't have sound.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

mrking posted:

idgi are you worried about getting spoiled? I feel like gif subtitles are easier to read if the text doesn't change every 2 seconds.

Yeah, there's no issues with starting at the wrong spot or anything.

Ends up being like a 4 panel comic really.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Over the past decade TV's gotten a lot more respectable (and/or high-paying) for actors so there's less of a divide than there once was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

MikeJF posted:

Was Winter Soldier delayed?

Nope.

• Locked thread