Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

NowonSA posted:

Even better, what if he Tahiti's her as well?

All the TAHITI equipment would have been lost when the facility blew. The brain-rewriting robot arm got squished. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Aphrodite posted:

I meant using it for his next job or something. Certainly works better than turning into bronze.

Diamond can actually shatter if you hit it in just the right spot with enough force. Bronze might get a bit bent out of shape but it can take a heck of a pounding.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

deadicons posted:

doesn't "Age of Ultron" come out in May?

May 1, and the next after that is Ant Man on July 17. Season 1 only ran from September 24 to May 13 but they had a few huge gaps in there. This season they're planning on running 10 in a block then have Agent Carter for 8 weeks and then run the final 12 episodes of AoS continuously so they should end in early April if they stick to that.

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Sep 24, 2014

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I just found an interview with EP Jeffrey Bell where he says there'll be "a gap or two" in the first half and then the break for Agent Carter but the second half will be shown "twelve in a row with no interruptions".

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Dammit, I just know that over the next few episodes I'll be paranoid about that and try to keep an eye on which characters do or don't get acknowledged by everyone else in each scene.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

twistedmentat posted:

Branding! Supervillian groups are masters of it. I can only imagine is there a company like the one I work for that provides corprate branded gear to like MS and Samsung, filling orders of polos with hydra logos on them.

That company would get a lot of work.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Moriatti posted:

Does Thanos even need a helicopter?

Need doesn't come into it. If Thanos wants a Thanscopter then Thanos gets a Thanoscopter.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

David D. Davidson posted:

Don't worry, we got Agent Carter for when it does.

Next week is the winter finale then there's a one month break and Agent Carter starts on January 6.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

jng2058 posted:

The thing is, Mack was unconscious when he fell. When you're unconscious your body goes limp and it's much more likely for you to survive a fall when limp. There have been a couple of people who fell out of airplanes and survived under just those circumstances. By comparison, 100 feet isn't that bad.

Those people usually had their fall slowed by tree branches and cushioned by deep snow or similar and they quite often got fairly hosed up in the process anyway. If you're falling 100 feet onto solid bedrock then your state of consciousness isn't going to make any difference.
(Obviously the DWARFS came back online and caught him. :ssh:)

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Clark Gregg must be the happiest little fanboy on the planet right now :3:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Rocksicles posted:

Hahaha bless your cotton socks.

Here's the non-photoshopped original:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

ufarn posted:

I'm okay with agents being bad at their job. Seems realistic that way.

According to my source it's an entirely accurate portrayal of old-fashioned spywork

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

thrawn527 posted:

I don't think Natasha is going to be revealed to be over 70 years old.

She's roughly that age in the comics. :shrug:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
He also beat Godzilla in a fist fight

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Xtanstic posted:

AoU spoilers regarding Theta Protocol:

People a week ago were saying that they saw the movie early and had no idea what the Theta Protocol/show tie-in was gonna be. Seriously? It's a loving Helicarrier where Fury explicitly states "he got out of mothballs with the help of Maria Hill and some old friends". Sure you can make an argument for the thing at the end too.

Do Helicarriers even have bunks beds?? If so, wouldn't they be built into the bulkheads rather than shipped in from IKEA or wherever? He's clearly building a giant Koenig cloning facility.

I'm pretty sure that May is gonna grill Coulson on Theta Protocol next episode so we could just wait a few days and find out for sure rather than arguing about it? :shrug:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
It's going to be hilarious if it's something completely different that none of us thought of and those things from AoU are never even mentioned in the show, let alone explained. :v:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Aphrodite posted:

The beds would be build into it though.

The bunk beds were for the barracks housing the people repairing the helicarrier. :ssh:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I guess Jiaying really is super raged out at SHIELD if she would waste a precious crystal just to kill Gonzales.
That did feel a tad plot device-y ....

greatn posted:

Maybe Gonzales is an inhuman and he got the power of Sandman. He can just crumble into dust and back. He practically had that power already anyway.

... and it'd also be pretty funny if the guy who really hated enhanced persons got turned into an enhanced person himself.

I'm holding out a verrrrrrrrrrry slim chance that Gonzales isn't as dead as everyone assumes he is.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Naww. :(

Maybe he'll get one last hurrah as a giant raging Inhuman glob beast who can only be taken down by a roidedmuscle-milked-out Mr Hyde who sacrifices himself to save his family in a CGI extravanganza to round out the series? I really want to see Cal team up with Coulson (or even Jemma and Leopold) and trade snarky quips while facing a common enemy and I can't see any other way for that to happen.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Kaizer88 posted:

Kinda hard to take May seriously as the unarmed master when you see her and Bobbi standing next to each other and Bobbi is a full head taller than her.

I just googled it and Ming-Na Wen is an inch taller than Scarlett Johansson. In the MCU the shorter you are the more badass you are as a spy. :ssh:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

imperialparadox posted:

I'll miss MacLachlan though, that was one hell of a character.

EP Jeffery Bell hinted that Cal might make a comeback someday ...
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/12/agents-shield-season2-finale-secret-warriors

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Chokes McGee posted:

I don't want to ruin anything about Fitz but I hope you like symbiotes!

Nerdish Scottish Venom would be awesome.

Edit:
poo poo, where else have we seen amorphous black goop you need to seal in a glass cell to keep contained? Simmons is Venom!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Irish Joe posted:

It might help if you explained who Miles Morales is

He's Spider-Man.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The MSJ posted:

This fall, Marvel's Inphibians.

Aquanoids. :colbert:

(I'm not even kidding http://marvel.wikia.com/Aquanoids_%28Men-Fish%29_%28Earth-616%29)

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Mr Beens posted:

Yes that would be quite amusing. Once or twice. Hey how about we also show the Flash having super speed shits every episode also.

Hmmm, a speedforce turd railgun would be pretty effective in certain situations ....

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Clark Gregg posted a video tonight of him and Chloe lip synching to "It takes two".

Here it is. HIT IT

https://www.facebook.com/clarkgreggofficial/videos/865777216791773/

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jul 11, 2015

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

One post above yours. :v:

Oh poo poo, the "More videos by Clark Gregg" button on that Facebook page is a loving pro-click

https://www.facebook.com/clarkgreggofficial/videos/vb.146910928678409/810566772312818/?type=2&theater

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jul 11, 2015

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Oh Clark Gregg, you wonderful man. :allears:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Hayley Atwell has struck back with a low blow. Chloe Bennet has promised payback.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I'm dressed up as Thor but if Thor was a kitty cat.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

SiKboy posted:

Imagine a universe where dubsmash isnt a thing and this thread is "did ward shoot the dog" repeated at least once a week for months

Of course he didn't shoot the dog.

:kheldragar:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

See now, this is better than succumbing to acute fandomitis, isn't it? :unsmith:

If Brett Dalton could tweet a Dubsmash about not shooting a dog that'd work out for all of us

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Was that BatWard in the car?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Pan Dulce posted:

Are there more? Besides Round 1? Interesting ones, I mean.

Oh my yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
We should maybe put some of this stuff behind spoiler tags in case some people wanted to go into the new season fresh ...

• Locked thread