Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Oh hell yeah, pizza and SHIELD Wednesday nights are back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

That was really good. Poor Fitz and crazy Ward is amazing

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

The actor playing Fitz really sold the hell out of the brain damaged and frustrated angle so well. Give him some makeup and scars and I could see him playing The Joker.

That is something AoS does do consistently well - when a character goes batshit insane, it's when the show absolutly works the best. Batshit insane Ward is by far the best Ward.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Spergatory posted:

So I accidentally bailed on this show about three episodes in. Just sort of forgot it was on for a few weeks and didn't feel like catching up when I remembered. I'm chuffed the show's good now, but I still don't exactly feel like playing catch-up, so what would you all say is the bare minimum in terms of episodes I need to watch to get current?

17 to 22.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

I found that episode to be better than last week - gave the season some real depth to work with. Great to see AoS maintain the standard

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

Woah now, let's not say things we can't take back.

It is fantastic. And getting better too.

What the hell are people going on about a cow?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Kheldarn posted:

Before Simmons and Unwitting Dupe are called upstairs, they're reading a report, and mention something about milk.

Yeeees I got that. There's a weird cow but is that somewhere else in Marvel's media as well?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Bruceski posted:

Howard the Duck has a vampire cow.

AHAHAHA What the gently caress? AoS now has a vampire cow?????

That's awesome :D

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Now I want well brother to show up and be completely normal and well adjusted.

I'd be more interested if the third brother's name was Terrance

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Blazing Ownager posted:

Part of the reason I believe Ward is that he was very loyal to Garret. And he's also been very loyal to Skye. And now, in his own twisted way, he regrets that conflict of loyalty.

It doesn't mesh up with the older Ward's description of him at all. Again, I think Ward is definitely a villain or sorts yet and is a bad guy, but in this particular case, I think he's probably 100% accurate.

ED: Also Garret and Ward's discussion about his family before he got broke out of jail. I will be shocked if it turns out younger Ward is the one lying here.

Whatever anyone thinks of Ward, once he decides to be loyal to someone it's till the death. I can buy he's being completely honest to Skye

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

From S1 where the plot rann too slowly, they are almost got the opposite problem now. Holy poo poo the pace of the plot is going gangbusters.

Great episode once again. gently caress is it another break next week?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

It's entirely possible it will turn out Ward broke Chrisitan and big brudder did do the murder/suicide thing, Ward used it to get back into Hydra. It's likely that's what Ward will eventually say he did.

Doesnt matter either way, Crazy Ward is best Ward

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Rocksicles posted:

I'm 38 and Twin Peaks is poo poo. Wanna fight about it?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck no, I absolutly agree with you.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Barry Convex posted:

I'm sorry, who is this person? Is he some inside source at Marvel or is he just compiling scraps of news, rumor, and speculation that originate elsewhere?

EDIT: Looking at his post history, clearly the latter. Yeah, okay.

They couldn't be more obvious Inhumans are about to be introduced and quite likely next week.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Barry Convex posted:

Even assuming we're talking about Inhumans, that depends what you mean by "introduced." I have a feeling we won't get much more exposition about the Kree next episode.

They are flat out basically saying it's Inhumans.

Why on earth are you so disbelieving Inhumans are about to be introduced to the MCU?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Boru posted:

Aw man, Mack we hardly knew ye! Though I do live in hope, we never saw a body.

It looked like the alien (Inhuman) script popped up on Mack's hand when he touched the symbol on the ground, could that be his powers activating?

Maybe have something to do with whatever Mack and Bobbi don't want Hunter to know or be part of?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Barry Convex posted:

Marvel Studios proper has next to nothing to do with this show. It will never, ever be anything but an inessential companion to the actual MCU narrative.

Whether that rules out Inhumans being introduced in some vague, mostly-conceptual form on this show largely independent of their backstory (as Deadpool says above, there isn't much that can be done with Inhumans narratively without touching the Royal Family or the structure of their society)... well, maybe I was being too absolute there, maybe I wasn't. We'll see.

For what it's worth, in 616, the Terrigen Mists are not in fact the only Kree invention capable of giving humans superpowers.

If you really think you cant have some larger narrative without touching the royal family, then you somehow have put Inhumans into a little tiny imagination box that has to conform to your storytelling rules - when in fact the actual narratives can be huge and next to limitless even if you exclude the established canon, which the MCU seems to be quite gleeful in throwing out half the time. You just do not have to tell a kickass Inhumans story within your imagined limitations.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Hi Barry, how you feel about your posts about Inhumans now?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Dan Didio posted:

Feel free to explain why any of that is wrong.

The fact they introduced Inhumans about four years before the movie? You are being a dumb as Barry is.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

... Do I dare ask what the hell shipping is?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Soylentbits posted:

It's this ridiculous thing that started on tumblr a while back. People draw characters holding other characters like Jack and Rose on Titanic. It got to a point where anybody presenting any character pairing on a boat or on some type of aquatic vehicle or dressed like Titanic characters were shipped. It is immensely stupid and you're better off not diving too deeply into it.

Okkkkkkaaaaay so it's just a term I havent really heard of used in that way for obsessed idiots wishful thinking or slash-fics.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

The Sharmat posted:

I'd love to see A Very Hydra Christmas where Whitehall dresses up as Santa.

Holy poo poo, someone do this now.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Deakul posted:

This might be the worst episode of television I have ever seen.

Have you literalyl just turned a TV on for the first time in your life?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

BrianWilly posted:

Agent Carter special effects breakdowns.

Y'know, for some reason it never occurred to me that most of those buildings had to have been CGI.

Good job, I suppose!

GG, never expected so much CG to be used at all. That's impressive

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Apoplexy posted:

I think the name of Ward #3 is Thomas, but don't hold me to that.

http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Thomas_Ward

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Funhilde posted:

Thomas Lincoln Ward

I'm - no word of a lie - hoping that this is true so another wave of THAT'S NOT HIS NAME!!! jokes get made. Some of them have been absolutly brilliant

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

All that time Raina was looking for the Clairvoyant and it turns out she was it all along. Well I bet she didnt see that coming!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Spergatory posted:

Wait, no, I've got it!

Daisy Johnson
Lincoln Campbell

Daisy Bell

I am a genius. I await your calls, social media marketing firms eager to connect with the youth of today. :c00lbert:

THAT'S NOT THEIR NAME!!!!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

greatn posted:

Are the medium bits more medium?

Perfectly fine, if a bit rushed. Apparently the first cut of AoU was over 3 hours long - I kinda want to see that now.

Am I the only one thinking that Helicarrier is/was Adama's, Coulson is the friend Fury spoke of when he did turn up with the carrier and the thing Coulson has been spending time and money on is the base at the end of AoU?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

quote:

To me this isn't a show that has gotten progressively better. It drastically improved with the Cap tie in and S2 has been consistently high quality. This is a show that could've been good at the start but they chose not to.

I dunno about the chose not to do it bit - to me AoS was a rushed idea to leverage off Coulson's fan popularity and it got kneecapped by that and the whole they had to wait for Winter Soldier to unleash the crazy. Plus a horribly broken up broadcast schedule. They did learn from those mistakes and we hence got Agent Carter, Daredevil and a vastly improved second season of AoS as a result.

We can argue about how they could have done better to begin with - but the fact remains they actually did learn from season 1's mistakes and we are now getting pretty drat good viewing now.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Boogaleeboo posted:

The absolute worst of BSG is worse than AoS now, but it had like one or two episodes at that level. The average BSG episode is as good or better than AoS at it's best, and BSG at it's best is so much better than AoS it is laughable to pretend it's even a conversation. It's not. BSG is the better show, and baring an act of God will always be the better show. And there's really nothing AoS could do to change that. Doesn't mean it's not fun to watch.

Well I dunno that it cant be a better show but no dispute AoS - hell ANY show - has done anything to match say BSG's "33". The only real problem with BSG was that the showrunners clearly didnt expect to get as far as they did and had no real endpoint they were writing to for a fair while, even in season 3.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

XboxPants posted:

So, I was thinking.

Is it possible that Chloe Bennet's oft-mocked history as a Chinese Pop Star actually gave her good experience for doing fight scenes? Learning choreography, doing rolls and flips in sync with other people... in other words, is having a dance background actually a good start for doing coolguy punchmans stuff?

Ask Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee (if you could) about that and see what they say.

(Answer is yes, it most certainly helps. Quite a number of stuntmen are also quite proficent dancers)

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Javid posted:

They both probably were at least a little inspired by the ridiculously long single-shot sequence in True Detective last year.

Mix in one part Daredevil, add some John Wick and that's what that scene was. Or.... imagine John Wick shot like Daredevil.

If that's where they are going for Daisy Johnson action then sign me up, John Wick was amazing.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

Fury's tool box is full of MLP fanfiction.

Confirmed, the mind can indeed vomit

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

ol qwerty bastard posted:

I managed to suspend my disbelief on all the Iron Man stuff until the third movie. He manages to build an arc reactor and a flight-capable powered exoskeleton in a cave with a box of scraps, but transplant him to Tennessee and the best he can do is some "Anarchist's Cookbook"-level improvised weapons?

It was an awesome scene but makes little sense in context.

A "box of scrap" being a cave full of missiles and other advanced Stark tech, a full range of precision tools and a fairly able assistant?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

counterfeitsaint posted:

It's not a question of cost though. I mean, all this poo poo is implausible, but even if you have all the money, you don't just order an 1100 foot long vessel off of Amazon. There's only a few shipyards in the world big enough.

Classic arsepull that movies do. Just go with it.

quote:

The city is flying, we're fighting an army of robots, and I have a bow and arrow. None of this makes sense.

AoU is absolutly self aware that it is comic book nonsense, Hawkeye is used as an audience stand in.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Azhais posted:

Was that before or after the dance off?

Whats the source of that?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

The internet is reporting both SHIELD and Agent Carter have been renewed.

SHEILD I expected, but Agent Carter? That's really cool. So with the spinoff we get three SHEILD related TV series?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

enraged_camel posted:

Can it be that he's on his way out of the show?

That or Mack turns out to be Inhuman as well. I'm sure Daisy isnt the only Inhuman and we'll get to see at least one more emerge net week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Deadpool posted:

No, it's literally because Kevin Feige is a huge Star Wars nerd and in the second movie there's a hand that's chopped off. So everything in Marvel's Phase 2 has a hand/arm getting chopped.

So that's why SHEILD lost a Hand in season 1?

• Locked thread