Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

gannyGrabber posted:

I am also very mad that Fitz is on the fritz. They take the very best of the SHIELD team they did the most horrible thing possible to him. gently caress Gemma for abandoning him.

I am mad at TV show.

I am the goon that is about to have a melt down. God drat!!!

You don't think she'll show back up later with some type of brain-repairer eventually? Even if he is getting better slowly, it seems like she would do everything she could to help, even if she went to some other team (like whatever the UK shield analogue is, where Coulson visited her).

EDIT: Chill man, it's just a tv show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Apparently, "Eier". It's the only translation I could find in Google Translate that worked for "balls" and "nuts".
:goonsay:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

imperialparadox posted:

I know a lot of people don't like Skye, but as long as she maintains her hatred for Ward I like her. Is it bad that I like a character on a show solely because they are having a realistic response to a murderer (aka wanting to have nothing to do with them)?

I hope not, but her revulsion towards Ward was the best thing she's done.

PriorMarcus posted:

Coulson and Fury having a casual chat while being shot at, with Fury straight up appearing from nowhere was such lovely loving directing it soured me on the finale.

This is pretty much samjacksonfury.txt, though. He is wherever he wants to be, and does whatever he wants to do.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

bobkatt013 posted:

Dog + Coffee + Brother + seriously, Bro

Bro, seriously. Pizza, bro.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

halwain posted:

The city has a couple of really weird high spires, does someone remember those from somewhere in the comics?

Elevator shafts leading to an underground city.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

jng2058 posted:

You know what I really like about the Ward/Whitehall/Doctor Daddy meeting at the end? You can tell that all three of them are totally planning to kill the other two as soon as it becomes practical to do so. Who's going to take the shot first? I'm really looking forward to finding out!

The Old, the Dad, and the Crazy

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I though Buddy was Nick Furry?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Ask them if May shot the dog.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Azhais posted:

It's about time that Agent Carter had it's Ward/May controversy!

Wait, so the chief shot the dog?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Was the dog a Nazi?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Maybe it was all a setup by Stark to test Peggy to see if she's cut out to be the head of the eventual SHIELD, but it all went wrong when an actual evil shadowy organization showed up and started doing things.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, I'm willing to give Simmons a little room here. She's clearly not in her right mind. Although, it did seem like did noticed that something was weird with the blood samples before Fitz got her out of the lab. I'm sure nothing will come of that.

That had to be a terrifying moment for Skye. Simmons is normally the nicest person on the team, and her going all PURGE THE UNCLEAN while poor Daisy Poots is still dealing with being an inhuman... grim.

OB_Juan fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Mar 4, 2015

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I'm betting that after a couple of episodes (or next episode, if the AoS keeps moving as fast as a CW/DC show) of Skye and Fitz running around trying to keep her powers hidden, Coulson or May will find out, and the whole thing turns into an anticlimax of "Okay, what are you going to do with them? Oh, help keep the world safe from Hydra or whatever? Cool. Gonna have to get them under control first, yeah?". This ends up leading to ~*drama*~ inside the team.

I can't see Coulson turning on any member of the team in Daisy's position. Especially not Skye. Yeah, he helped with the powered-people index, but he wanted to help keep the people on it out of trouble. His hero is Captain America, and he considers the Avengers his friends.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

mikeraskol posted:

It's next episode, the preview already showed this.

Ah, didn't see it. Glad to hear they are keeping it moving.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Ensign_Ricky posted:

With the possible exception of Tony.

I hope Coulson's in whatever movie's doing Civil War. I doubt it, but hope for it.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I like that Coulson's gun has a name now.

I like that Coulson and May went from hearing two super-aliens talking about Inhumans being the worst things ever, to immediately, no question, going into "gently caress that gently caress you" mode. At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't try to contact a/o work with whatever Inhumans they can find that aren't assholes.

Having Pete play the Kree was cool. He managed to be kinda an on-point badass, but also kind of an idiot. He would have fit in with GotG.

Fitz. The best bro. Best. Bro. And it's neat that it's not a Fitz likes Skye "Daisy" Poots thing. At this point, Fitz has a pretty well established history of being a cool guy. Also well established is his mean streak when betrayed by people he cares about. Mack and Bobbi aren't going to see that coming.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
He told Fitz to go get Bambino during the "gently caress that gently caress You" scene.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

thrawn527 posted:

(Thor 2 spoilers, but just in case)

So when Sif said she was sent by Odin...Loki sent her, right?

Forgot about that! Yeah.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Dan Didio posted:

I don't really understand the complaint. She wasn't all that special and she actually had an arc, unlike Coulson, who was and still is garbage.

Rocksicles posted:

Your opinion on Coulson is noted, and rejected outright.

That's the kind of opinion that goes on your permanent record.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Rock: I meant him. You're fine.

Mike: That is a cool theory.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Dexo posted:

THAT'S NOT HER NAME

Excuse me... Agent Skye Daisy "Mary Sue" Johnson-Poots

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Questions about tonight's episode:

- How much of a bro will Fitz be?
- Will the power use = slow-mo streak continue for Skye Mary Sue "Daisy Johnson" Zabo-Poots?
- How much poo poo will the Mua'dad gently caress up with his Frankenstein Parade?
- Will Mack a/o Bobbi be successful in their caper? Will Bobbi end up last-minute switching sides back to SHIELD?
- How angry is Hunter going to be when he wakes up?
- How will Simmons cope with Mary Sue Skye "Daisy" Johnson-Zabo Poots' newfound alien lineage?
- Is Ward more or less dead than the dog? Will either return to the show anytime soon?
- How much of a bro will Fitz be?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

This is the story of two 'fathers'
Confused? You won't be after this episode of...S.H.I.E.L.D!

Amazing.

Jamesman posted:

Bobbi and Mack aren't working with Ward.

No, that would be terrible.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Fitz was, once again, shield's bro of the week.

Looking forward to Skye/Daisy/The Notorious M.S.P. getting to choose between keeping the casts that deaden the powers, Simmons' injection to remove her powers, or Fitz's Totally Awesome Control and Amplifying Wristbands.

That or at some point she pops the casts off, sings Let it Go, and disintegrates a building. Also fine.

I'm also enjoying Coulson working up to dropping the hammer on Bobbie and Mack. I can't see how that conversation he had with Bobbie happening like that if he didn't at least suspect that something's up. I'm guessing:

A) Coulson offered Hunter the job, Hunter accepted it, then disappeared, he knew something was up.
B) Coulson and/or Hunter suspected something was up with the two of them, hatched this plan.
C) Mack and Hunter's scuffle was caught on camera, Coulson went fishing to see if anyone else was in on it, given recent events.

Either way, should be an interesting reveal.

The Mua'Dad delivered on his promise of randomly loving poo poo up. It was fun. I enjoyed the little crew he got together. They were clearly the B team.

It's interesting to contrast how these people ended up to how things went with the fire guy from the first season. He had been (mostly) left alone by SHIELD until Raina happened to him, where the B team were all pretty well established as not just supers, but assholes.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Here you go!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Ward and mask lady?

Two(three?) new characters?

Maybe Ward, Mask Lady, and Agent Daisy Sue Poots

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Tuxedo Jack posted:

Pasdar is being set up to be incredibly anti-powers, which may play a role in AOS' buildup to Civil War in the future. They're planting seeds.

I didn't really see him as anti-powers, so much as anti-fuckery. He came off as genuinely annoyed about "that mask" being back in play. He just hate's wacky spy hijinks because it's antithetical to his worldview. It's why he at first hated, but now he accepts Coulson.

At first SHIELD Classic was looking like off the rails spy dickery that was going to cause everyone (as defined as the US Armed Forces) trouble. Now, Coulson has shown that he can play ball, and that Talbot can farm out all or most of the shenanigans to him. So it's a win/win. Talbot/the government/whatever can get all the upsides of SHIELD Classic being out there doing work, but with none of the downsides of having to deal with it. I imagine that if SHIELD Classic can get out in front of the Inhuman "problem" before it blows up a(nother) city, Talbot won't give the first gently caress about them, and be more than happy to employ a few.

Original Flavor Extra Tasty SHIELD will do everything conceivable to poo poo that up, because "LOL TRANSPARENCY".

I did like that Coulson isn't comfortable with the decisions he made RE: Daisy Skye Poots, and that he's actually considering if he did the right thing without a "big moment" making him change his mind.

I also enjoyed Fitz dropping a truth bomb on Simmons. She's not being her best self, and it was past time someone brought it up.

I think Hunter is still on the carrier, looking for a way to call back, or planning on stowing away on the next flight out. Further, I'd bet Bobbi ends up being that flight, knowing Hunters on board, and deciding to double reverse cross Original Flavor Extra Tasty SHIELD.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

PunkBoy posted:

Fun fact: According to Chloe Bennett, the synchronous Twizzler eating was completely unintended.

Really? That was the bast moment in that scene..

Pander posted:

As an aside, is this a random Dollhouse reference?

Nope. I've actually forgotten most of Dollhouse.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

imperialparadox posted:

I actually hope that the Real Shield comes out looking like they have a reasonable point about the questionable nature of Fury and his underlings.

Nill posted:

To me, the "Real Shield" seems like all the institutional bloat that was part of the problem with Shield. The fleet of ships, squadrons of jets, the whole private army situation that played more into Hydra's plans of stealth world domination from within than Shield's supposed role as an intelligence agency.

I doubt they're "evil", but simply a faction that felt being a shadow military was the 'true' purpose of Shield. The 'transparency' rhetoric and blaming Fury feels like hollow words to rally the troops though.

Everything they said was full of poo poo. They sit on an aircraft carrier, apparently fully manned. With mini-subs, quinjets, all of it. And do gently caress all. At least nothing detectable by Coulson-SHIELD. (and if HYDRA or Talbot have noticed them, they haven't mentioned it)

If Coulson-SHIELD had had access to that stuff, if they hadn't gone out to the ocean to pout, they wouldn't have had to pull off such a risky mission to retrieve the diviner, and steal a jet (a jet that effectively doubles their reach). No need to split the team or their attention up. Hartley could very well have lived.

With a manned SHIELD aircraft carrier, Coulson-SHIELD could have parked it outside of Puerto Rico, and actually defended and studied the alien city. No need to blow it up, no need to have science teams wandering around unguarded.

They're so transparent that they employ (at least) two spies in Coulson-SHIELD. Great.

All that said, Charlie and Adama are back on tv! :toot:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
To be fair, how many times has Sarah died and come back at this point?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Or Banner.

Which, as little as I like to give them any credit at all, as they came across as assclowns lacking perspective, would but a bend on your attitude toward "enhanced" people.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
"Hey, Phil! Glad to see you made it through that whole HYDRA thing. What a mess. Look, with Fury dead, and SHIELD personas-non-gratas pretty much everywhere in the world, the WSC is taking over operations for the time being, and they're having me run day-to-day. We're regrouping at (location). Can you make it, or do we need to pick you and your team up?" - A phone call that didn't happen several months ago.

Compare and contrast with three sleeper agents (including Hartley) hidden in Actual SHIELD, leading to a raid of their primary facility. Given that something like half of ReelShield's founding members were personally involved in infiltrating Actual SHIELD, it seems like monitoring Coulson was their primary function.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Azhais posted:

It'll probably turn out to be the missing 5 obelisks.

That would be some kinda symmetry right there.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I'm betting May ends up on the board, then she Mack, and Bobbi elect Coulson new head of BoatSHIELD.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
My favorite Coulson moment was when he actually reconsidered whether BoatSHIELD had a point while hiding in the cabin, and how important to him it was to not harm SHIELD operatives, even when they were coming after him.

I think the Inhumans are cruising towards a a real problem with Ms. Poots. After the inevitable training-and-hugs montage they'll have the equally inevitable "Well, we think you'll bu MUCH better off staying here, but if you feel you need to leave..." conversation. She'll want to leave, the "Elders" won't allow it after all, and then Big Trouble will occur in Little China.

The "elders" may have more experience in dealing with inhumans than SHIELD does, but very few people have experience dealing with super powered super spies. Ms. Poots' capacity to be a pain in their rear end is pretty well off the charts.

I have to wonder if at least Bobbi caught on to what was going on with Fitz and Simmons. How many times could Simmons possibly pull one over on her in one week, right? She had to have let that happen.

I'm enjoying that Gonzalez has no idea why people are still loyal to Coulson instead of BoatSHIELD. It's not hard. He's the director of SHIELD. They work for SHIELD. He's their boss, and apparently pretty good at it. Just because BoatSHIELD threw a coup, and makes the claim, doesn't make them actually SHIELD. If they aren't tied to any governing body either, they continue to be equally illegitimate. At least Coulson has a history of opposing HYDRA and working with the military.

Also:

Rocksicles posted:

Adama also got himself a Battlestarship, what's not to like.

Khanstant posted:

Also, I get calling him Adama

counterfeitsaint posted:

But every time someone (Adama) complains about how REALSHIELD is all about transparency and openness...

hope and vaseline posted:

Adama is blatantly brushing off one of his key operatives' concerns over the handling of Skye's retrieval.

THAT'S NOT HIS NAME!!!!

OB_Juan fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Apr 8, 2015

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Azhais posted:

While Hunter and Bobbi do a stirring duet rendition of "All along the watchtower"

And May tosses FitzSimmons toss Ward out an airlock?

Pander posted:

Tahmoh Penikett needs to be on Shield now. I realized that now.

Agreed.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Vitamin P posted:

Coulson finding a better way and it paying dividends.

Pretty much the theme of the season, if not the show.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Rarity posted:

Ward and Kara's Crazy Adventures or no dice

If they do this, they need to license Crazy Train to be the intro.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Rarity posted:

Whole movie will be RDJ laughing at a talking raccoon

Instant drinking buddies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Betting the situation will be less AWESOME ASSKICKING MURDERFIGHT, and more grimdark and sad.

• Locked thread