Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!
Calling it now: Scratchgate!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!

smackfu posted:

Not a fan of the color matched metal buttons on the leather cases. Saddle brown is like a gross copper color. Silver metal would be a bit more classic.

Also the silicone colors are dead boring except the red. Stone, brown, black, navy, and some pastels.

Agreed, not liking the copper at all.

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!

Schpyder posted:

Use the... lock/unlock button?

Edit: oh you mean because they got rid of slide to unlock. Yeah, no idea!

I use latex gloves on my phone all the time, works fine. Cotton blocks it though. Haven't tried gloves with capacitative pads, maybe those work? Once you're wearing gloves bulkier than that, you probably don't need to be using your phone anyway.

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!

Jose Oquendo posted:

30 bucks more for an official OEM screen? That's an easy call.

30 bucks is a no brainer, seeing as Apple will deny you any warranty claims and blacklist your phone as soon as they see you have aftermarket parts.

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!
Anyone order AirPod pros from apple lately? Is the shipping forecast pretty accurate? Shows feb 11 right now, and if they’re holding to that I feel like I can probably find some in stock before that, right?

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!
Cellular data is stupid expensive though and every phone I’ve ever seen with satellite comms has a gigantic antenna on it. It’s a weird rumour for sure.

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!

The Electronaut posted:

Regional sat phones are surprisingly small compared to a global Iridium handset. I had a phone on Thuraya’s network for a while when I was in the ME and it was shocking how much less bulk it had to the Iridium phone I had. Example of one https://thuraya.com/en/products-list/land-voice/thuraya-xt-pro

Sat requires a fair amount of power.

I’ve only ever dealt with the iridium ones, they were huge but I guess they aren’t in LEO? They’re a geosynchronous one, now that I look into it. You can get 2.5 gigs of data for a mere 230$ a month on one network I looked at.

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!

I like lightning, the ports are more durable and easier to clean out. What does USB—C get me that lightning doesn’t do?

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!
Wtf, whenever I check for a software update it tells me I’m up to date. I wanna play with AI dog pics, damnit.

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!

buglord posted:

Restart your phone. Worked for both my buddies.

Restarted three times today, no dice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!
Finally updated to 16, turns out I couldn’t go past 15.7 because I had forgotten to remove the beta profile for iOS 15 last year.