Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11530285/fan-critical-fall-texas-longhorns-ucla-bruins-game

Guy falls 12ft. at Texas/UCLA and is in critical condition.

quote:

The man was wearing a Texas shirt and was conscious when he was transported. The cause of the fall is unclear.

Uh... ok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
I object to that price. gently caress.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pillsburysoldier posted:

Aaron Brenner ‏@Aaron_Brenner
(Clemson OFfensive Coordinator) Chad Morris says his QB rotation with Stoudt, Watson will be more similar to the Georgia game than SC State. "What an opportunity for Cole."

Don't play Stoudt, Clemson.

We had the same issue pop up back when Kyle Parker was starting QB, and Tajh was the young rookie backup. Everyone and their mother screamed for them to put Tajh in, but for seemingly no other reason than for seniority's sake, Parker stayed in.

Let me just start by saying I think Stoudt is better than Parker was. I really hope they took some time in the week off to work with Stoudt on a few things, and Morris and Dabo have already said that their play-calling for the UGA game was waaaaay too conservative. And they're absolutely right.

For the last 15 years or more (pretty much going back to Woody Dantzler), Clemson's offensive approach has been big plays and big play-makers. First possession of the game on the 25yd line? gently caress it, go deep and punch them in the nose. Stoudt doesn't quite fit with that mold, at least not yet. Or rather, he would if we had the big name guys at WR or RB to make amazing catches on not-so-great throws. Last year was just the perfect storm for that kind of offensive scheme because Sammy simply could NOT be out-thrown, and Tajh had a big enough arm to test that.

In short, I want to see Watson get a lot of play time on Saturday, but I also don't want to see him get hurt. And I honestly don't think Cole has done anything to warrant having his starting position pulled yet.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
hire Gene Chizik away from Sirius/XM

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

LeeMajors posted:

I'm inclined to disagree with you.

everyone keeps forgetting UF is in the SEC these days.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

"Nonstop 'Dores Action." A good thread title.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Scarf posted:

"Nonstop 'Dores Action." A good thread title.

wait wait wait...

"Ladies and Gentlemen... The 'Dores."

There we go.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Does anyone have the contact information for Vandy's announcer because I feel like they're really missing out on not introducing the team like that.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Da U loses another QB. Olsen suspended after being arrested for DUI.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

every posted:

mugshot:

Charged with not giving a gently caress and being in possession of swag over legal limits

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

every posted:

i wish there were an ape or monkey mascot in the ncaa.

I just learned about them this past weekend:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
If anyone wants to hear Dabo talk live about how badly we're gonna get beat by FSU on Saturday: http://www.clemsontigers.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&id=1165292&catid=0&KEY=&DB_OEM_ID=28500

:smith:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Anals of History posted:

Audibly gasped while reading that one.

They were very dangerous last year, and will be so again this year. Honestly they'll be a contender for the ACC again in the very near future.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

What a precocious little scamp :allears:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

I need some help.

We have not beaten LSU in 15 years and we are playing them in Death Valley on a Saturday night.

Pretty generous of Clemson to let you guys use their stadium for your game :smug:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pillsburysoldier posted:

Dabo and Jimbo obviously have a gentlemen's agreement to play Stoudt for the first have too.

Eh, putting Deshaun in will be a judgement call based on how well Stoudt does in the first few series. I think Deshaun will definitely come in before the half.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
For someone so talented, Jameis sure is dumb.

This is in the ballpark of OJ writing that "If I Had Done It" book.

Scarf fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Sep 17, 2014

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

RumbleFish posted:

In a vacuum, it would be excessive, but this is probably more of a cumulative response.

Pretty much. If he was just a regular player, and had pulled all of this poo poo, he'd be off the team by now.

Hell, Swag Kelly was dismissed just for being a whiny little bitch and denting someone's car.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pillsburysoldier posted:

He was cited and did community service or something and the school had him do....something else too? I dunno but he was met with stuff like that.

Worked a Saturday evening shift at Red Lobster.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pillsburysoldier posted:

Memes are never funny in real life

I remember when kids painted All Your Base in front of our library my Sophomore year.

I wanted to burn everything around me.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

LeeMajors posted:

Haha.

Maybe Bobby will write a letter on his behalf to the parole board in a few years.

The ciiiiircle of liiiiiiiiife.....

Bobby will dress up as a Southern Colonel and act as his lawyer.

"Now I may just be a simple football coach..."

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

This really is the best thing.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Thoguh posted:

Another MACtion-less Wednesday. This is bullshit.

That won't start until like week 11 :(

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pillsburysoldier posted:

Vegas dropped the line for FSU v Clemson from -20 ---> -17.

One half of Jameis subtracts a field goal, I guess

I thought someone said they dropped the odds on the game altogether...

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pillsburysoldier posted:

Smug dabo is pretty funny

:confused: This is the only thing I've seen him say today regarding FSU:

"The plan doesn't change for us; we have to play a great game. We're going to try to play a great four-quarter game; that's the bottom line. They're a bigger program than one player. We may be the most battle-tested team in the country after three games; and that's a good thing."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPPE7Tivzyo

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

D.N. Nation posted:

I hope Thujone having a kid isn't going to really cut into his MS Painting. His Muschamp is sublime.

I would religiously follow a poorly drawn webcomic that was about Muschamp.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Oh hey, imagine that... Urban Meyer letting a suspended player participate with the team.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11545195/noah-spence-ohio-state-buckeyes-practicing-ban

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pillsburysoldier posted:

In light of the maurice clarett documentary, I don't mind this.

Synopsis?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
38-17, Auburn.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pillsburysoldier posted:

Clemson FSU line has shifted again last night, 17 --> 14.5

Considering the line was 4.5 last year... don't mean shiiiiiiiit. :smith:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pillsburysoldier posted:

fwiw twitter has rumors that he's done for good. We'll see after the game tomorrow, I'd imagine

@PeteL_FSU: So the main rumor is Winston lied to Stokes when questioned about the Tuesday incident and Admin wants him suspended for the year.

Stokes is our interim President btw

What the fuuuuuuuuuck jameis

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

swizz posted:

how the hell do you lie about something literally everyone in the general vicinity saw

"Naaaah coach you know how shits hosed up in the twitterverse..."

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Pillsbury are you in Tallahassee?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pillsburysoldier posted:

Not this weekend

Bruce Feldman tweeted that his source says that "there was a discrepancy in where he was standing when he yelled."

On mobile right now so can't copy paste well

Ahh bout to say, I'd love to know the climate surrounding gameday tomorrow on campus.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

limeincoke posted:

I mean I realize it's probably cumulative, but suspending for an entire game, let alone a whole year, for this incident is dumb as gently caress.

Maybe if FSU had actually punished him even slightly for the theft/assault charges he wouldn't feel like he can do whatever the hell he wants.

Exactly. They didn't so it's completely cumulative.

You know... And the rape.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pillsburysoldier posted:

I wanna know why where he was standing is so important.

Yeah buddy who's there says the suspension doesn't have anything to do with the title ix investigation and just with the yelling and jumping.

Because if Bill Clinton's impeachment hearing taught us anything... It's that it doesn't matter what you do as long as you don't lie about it.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pillsburysoldier posted:

Patrik Nohe ‏@PatrikNohe
So sounding like maybe Jameis had just seen that video, and maybe he kept repeating the meme all day as he went to his classes about campus.

AHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

Oh scarf for your information, this is the atmosphere around football fans there right now

:laffo:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Snodgrass Supreme posted:

FSU could probably run the ball every play and still blow Clemson out, last year's game was a complete rout and that Clemson team was much better than this one.

It's not that cut-and-dry. Defensively Clemson is actually better this year, especially in the front seven. People talk about the 2nd half of the UGA game, but it really wasn't until the 4th quarter that things started to break down. UGA only had a FG in the 3rd and really couldn't punch through the line very well. Due to lovely conservative play-calling on the offensive side, the D was just on the field way too much and got gassed, that's when things broke down and UGA was able to run at will through the line and into the end zone.

The secondary is actually Clemson's biggest defensive weakness... If FSU's O-line can protect the QB, then they'll want to exploit that heavily.

Again, Clemson's run defense is going to depend heavily on the offensive play calling. If Clemson can actually put together the big plays that we're used to (and loving play Deshaun Watson instead of Cole Stout) then they'll stand a better chance of keeping the D fresh.

But FSU doesn't have nearly the run game that Georgia has, so to say that they could probably just run it the whole game and be fine is pretty wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

sportsgenius86 posted:

If FSU loses to Clemson and runs the table with Jameis after, the committee will pretend today never happened.

They most likely wouldn't be able to win the conference though, and I really don't see the committee making exceptions for non-conference champs other than Notre Dame and anyone in the SEC.

• Locked thread