Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Watch this show for the most petty portrayal of the The Headless Horseman ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

hcreight posted:

Fixed that for you.

Good OP, Annakie.

I thought the most petty portrayal implied it was the best portrayal.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Plus his whole thing is tricking people all the time, not fighting, and he used to have a pet golem, so it actually fits the show pretty well.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
If John Noble does not recreate the duck soup mirror scene with his new friend I am going to be incredibly disappointed with the writers of Sleepy Hollow.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Tupping Liberty posted:

One of my favorite parts of the premiere was how much Ichabod disliked Ben Franklin, not because he was a person who should be disliked, but because he bossed Ichabod around.

Also because Ichabod likes to think of himself as the smartest guy in the room and so did Franklin.

nine-gear crow posted:

Honestly, I think anyone would come to despise a person who routinely subjected you to his pasty white schlong and beer gut unprompted on what had to be at least a weekly basis.

While calling you a prude.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
You know with any other show I would say the Franklinstein would show only in a few more episodes before dying in the season finale, or even just get killed off in the episode its introduced.

But with Sleepy Hollow I know the writers are going to milk the gently caress out of this and its going to be an official member of the team and it will be awesome :allears:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
If Alexander Hamilton somehow became a regular on this show I would die from happiness.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I hope Henry starts rotating jobs constantly so we can have Dr. War, Professor War, Officer War, and Construction Worker War.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Oct 7, 2014

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
John Cho: Infernal Intern will go the way of Enos and get a spinoff once Selfie gets canceled.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I like Hawley the previous two episodes, but yeah I was kinda surprised they brought him back so soon again after the last one, but this show is so fast paced it shouldn't be surprising. I think he is a good foil to Crane though when they are butting heads about who is the smartest guy in the room by having them throw fun facts at each other, but I am already getting tired of the "looking out for my own" shtick, I just want the show to hurry up and get past that characterization because we know he will.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
So is Morales ever going to come back? It seemed like they were going to go somewhere with him after John Cho Demon Temp told him "EVERYONE HAS TO CHOOSE A SIDE"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

johntfs posted:

I'm waiting for the inevitable moment when Moloch's army marches into Sleepy Hollow and the only defense against is the Colonial Historical Society's Re-enactors.

Only if Crane gets a speech where he states that their battle will be one reenacted for the ages.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Moloch and his army of petty assholes are really commentary on bureaucracy and how dumb asses fall upwards into positions.

The idea is hilarious to me and you can't tell me otherwise.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Yeah I think the show is heading in that direction as well, we already seen a few hints that not everyone on the side of good is really all that good, the masons were really shady and if they weren't killed off so quickly I am sure we would have found out some more seedy poo poo about them.

edit: I mean its kinda clear since the theme of this season is new allies who are bit iffy. We have Franklinstien's monster, rogue adventurer Hawley, and foreboding Sheriff.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Oct 25, 2014

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
That commercial better be canon because then it means Henry is just so sure of his plans he had the balls to put that out there before everything came into play.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I like Hawley but they are using him so much that I am getting tired of him too. They seem to be pushing him because he is somehow going to play a big role in things somewhere along this season so they are shoving him into every episode they can instead of going the route they did with Henry.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I want Moloch to have a boss, so it turns out that the boss also thinks Moloch is highly incompetent and bad at their job, and has just been using Moloch as a distraction for the witnesses while the other demon guy gets his army ready.

I just really want Hell's chain of command to all hate each other for being bad at their job and grow even larger.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Zombie Cho might end up coming back now Selfie was canceled.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I am already shipping Hawley and Crane so you Hawley hates can get gently caress.

Ichaley is the new pairing in town.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Sleepy Hollow has always pretty much been anime. Like just imagine most of what happen already if it was animated.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Waffleman_ posted:

I missed Headless being Headless and not Abe.

It seems like the show realizes that this is a problem but still want Abe to be his own character hence the separation thing.

I am curious how this is going to go horribly wrong, it will probably involve Franklinstien's monster.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Kwyndig posted:

Yeah he's definitely the Old Testament kind of angel, you know, the kind that made people drop to their knees in awe and terror of the glory of the Lord.

I really hope it turns out Orion is really the only angel like this, and all the other ones are just really chill dudes who just kinda shrug at everything going on in the show.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Seychelles82 posted:

Worse, it's turning into a supernatural Wuthering Heights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1pMMIe4hb4
???

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The preview for the next episode made me realize Hawley is actually Gambit and not Nathan Drake

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
They wouldn't be able to go back in and kill all the Reavers with better weapons cause getting those guys out of their would get the police involved.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
If they kept the library I would hope the show had the guts to kill the guys stuck down there.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Binary Badger posted:

I still get the feeling they were ordered to off Moloch by midseason by the horrible douchebags running Fox. Like some higher up network exec who watched none of the episodes but saw Moloch in one of the trailers and said Oooo thats too scary, make someone else the overarching villain.

And the rest of the season is the writers trying to recover from having to toss several seasons of plots and rebuild from the ground up while trying to recapture the mojo of the first season but failing miserably..

Uh, hmm.

Nope?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

johntfs posted:

Absent Hessians on dinosaurs next week, I'm done with this show. Actually, I'm pretty much done with the show now. It's ruined for me. It wasn't Katrina or Henry or lack of Irving or Jenny or Crane Family Drama that did it. It was this episode. This episode proves that The Powers That Be are officially The Fanbase. This episode was about "Giving the Fans What They Want" without regard to plot or character or story logic. So, at this point, fan service trumps everything. Do the fans want Ichabod and Abbie to get married? Fine. Do they want Irving, Jenny Ichabod and Abbie to have a sexual foursome? Fine.

See, fan input seems like a good thing at first. However, generally the worst movies, TV episodes, etc. are those written by committee. Those that try to please everyone. Now, Sleepy Hollow will be a show "written" by a committee of thousands. There is a reason that "fan fiction" is a synonym for "lovely, self-indulgent writing." We got an object lesson in that this episode. I suspect the next part of that lesson will come next week.

:stare:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Oh my god, using this to create an alt universe in the show where the Sleepy Hollow story exists would be amazing. And since Crane and Katrina are on the outs...

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Dead Katrina means no separation for Death. Also it probably means no head for Death.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
That doesn't sound good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I can't wait for the Sleepy Following crossover.

• Locked thread