Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Regalingualius posted:

Maybe for the premiere, but after that, I'd imagine an episode per week until the finale episodes.

Nope, all at once Netflix style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

BrianWilly posted:

He's being sarcastic. It's airing one episode a week.

I wasn't being sarcastic. Turns out I'd misremembered and they ARE doing a Netflix dump of the series, but only in other regions after its weekly releases in the US.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Rosalind posted:

Maybe you're thinking a parody is supposed to be more insulting or scathing to the original work? But that's not the case at all.

Yeah, the BEST parodies love the thing they are mocking. Like Shaun of the Dead or Spaceballs.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Also, trees are alive.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Rexides posted:

This can't be a coincidence.

For a cartoon poster, basically. A fancy one.

It isn't a coincidence, it's from the film. Their version of Zhao has it hanging in his office.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Kazy posted:

I posted this to tumblr (linking back to the post) and a good response I got from someone was that it could be a leftover prop from the movie. No idea how it'd get in the store, though.

Yep. It definitely is.

PriorMarcus posted:

It isn't a coincidence, it's from the film. Their version of Zhao has it hanging in his office.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Oh Snapple! posted:

Dude just looks really spiritual there to me :confused:

We had this debate at the time too. If you hide a characters face in harsh shadows while they sit alone on a throne too big for them then they are clearly a villain, not matter how much fan fiction SHM writes about his motives.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Is the four part finale airing over four weeks then?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Jesto posted:

People say this but every time I watch the movie I see Elsa nearly murdering her sister with her homosexuality twice.

I don't think that's how homosexuality works, or I'm not smart enough to get the subtext in those scenes. :confused:

...Good Lord.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

For it to be the bold, network defying act that people want to see it has I feel like they would have to be honest and just outright say they are in love or whatever.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

DrSunshine posted:

You know, I've always hated Asami's makeup. She wears way too much makeup, and it looks ugly. :(

She's a drawing.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Mraagvpeine posted:

You know that area between the West of the Fire Nation and the East of the Earth Nation that never gets any attention? What do you suppose is there?

Isn't that side of the Fire Nation where Ember Island is?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

MrAristocrates posted:

Okay, let's just stop this now.

And this, is the problem with a dictatorship.

What an interesting political discussion we're having!

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Korrasamako.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

VanSandman posted:

....it's totally pointless to point out when someone is obviously threadshitting in TVIV, isn't it?

Yes. It's very, very rare that something gets done.

• Locked thread