Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Thread Title Owns, gently caress the haters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

RottenK posted:

Kuvira doesn't looks like that much of an amazing fighter compared to some of the previous big bads of the franchise. I hope that this means that fightring her on foot would be just the prelude to her hopping into Metal Gear a giant suit of power armor with dubstep lasers for hands.

STANDING HERE I REALISE

YOU WERE JUST LIKE ME TRYING TO MAKE HISTORY

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

ufarn posted:

Just realized

:aaaaa:

Duh

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Mraagvpeine posted:

You think there will be a Deus ex Machina in the finale?

I hope so, Avatar State Korra controlling a gently caress off giant robot would be pretty rad.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

In the end, you realize you were just like me tryin' to make history.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

mods rename me to "i used to be an optimist"

I actually kinda liked the comics for what they are.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

The Sharmat posted:

Given what happened I kind of wish Asami was more of a character in earlier seasons. Maybe when they do Rebuild of Korra.

Eh Asami was always a pretty good character. She was the only character who acted like a real person when she had the most bullshit thrown her way in the first season.

"My boyfriend is cheating on me with my friend the Avatar, my dad is working with the Equalists to take out the avatar. But I'm still going to do the right thing in both breaking up with Mako and not betraying a friend of mine."

Season 2 Asami was kinda meh though, but there was a terrible gas leak that season.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Dec 21, 2014

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

The Sharmat posted:

She wasn't a bad character, and I liked her most of the time she was on screen, but she feels less developed than Bolin and Mako which is weird given the role she ended up having by the end of the series.

I guess this is just preference though. I could have done with less Bolin development, but I recognize that's just totally subjective and because I don't like him very much.

Because she had less flaws that needed fixing. She was by far the most rational character in the series, Her only mistakes were working with Varrick, and getting back with Mako while Korea was dealing with Water Tribe stuff.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

That makes sense, though I kind of have trouble seeing it as a bad thing. It seemed like the show was trying to make the point that what Zaheer did was wrong because it caused the revolts/etc that occurred afterwards, rather than him just hastening the inevitable.

Assassinating an acting head of state is kinda almost always a bad thing unless she is like killing her own citizen's(which she wasn't) or provoking war with another country(she wasn't), or using a super powered comet to wipe out all of an entire kingdom.

Income inequalities suck, but not worth killing them over(otherwise this country(:911:) would be fuuuucked).

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

DrSunshine posted:

For what it's worth, I enjoyed Legend of Korra, but even Korra at its best would not even compare in quality of writing or entertainment value, to even a mediocre episode of Avatar The Last Airbender. It's much like the Star Wars prequels: you can't even compare the two. The Last Airbender is a monumental masterpiece of the genre, a modern classic like the original Star Wars movies. LOK attempts at the same, reaches, and is dressed up in a pretty package, but falls hollow, a pale imitation riding on the coattails of the success of ATLA.

Eh, I would put the Wan episodes and seasons 3-4 up against the best of AtLA.

Like off the top of my head the only things I would outright say is better was the Last Agni Kai, the storming of Ba Sing Se by the Gaang, and Day of the Black Sun.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Goodbye, thread! See you in hell the Spirit World!

The perfect representation of platonic friendship. The best way to end this thread of great posts and posters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

This will always be my personal favorite Korra fan art

Someone draw Kuvira as Jetstream Sam.

• Locked thread