Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

You know, this would be a great premise for an after-show series of comics. Rather like how the post-ATLA comics dealt with how Aang et al dealt with the long-term ramifications of the Fire Nation's colonies and the rebuilding after the war, it would be pretty interesting to see some stories about how Korra & Co. deal with the long-term ramifications of the breakup of the Earth empire.

Except these comics will be good right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Dexo posted:

In the end, you realize you were just like me tryin' to make history.

Speaking of Metal Gear, I wished they went with another mech design. Something like Rex*, that thing from MGS3 I can't spell, or Excelsus. These designs get rid of the whole silly tripping problem.

*Never open cockpit, just blindfire.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

IIRC, the Book 1 thread already had the One True Pairing edit.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
In addition to a hypothetical series after Korra, they should do past Avatars(Not Aang).

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Metropolis posted:

Why not Aang? He and all the older characters like Toph and Zuko seemed pretty interesting, I think a series about them on their adventures pre-back-pain would be cool. There's probably a lot of material available there.

I was making a joke how we already know his major story/stories. But yeah I guess a few more wouldn't hurt. His bad dad adventures with Tenzin could be funny.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
There was a flash game called Escape from the Spirit World. Aang did some stuff while in limbo.

http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Escape_from_the_Spirit_World

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
But they already had Sokka tripping on cactus juice? And then Aang's sleep deprivation stuff.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

AlternateNu posted:

Really, all of the original Team Avatar were lovely parents with the possible exception of Katara. Aang ignored 2/3 of his kids, Toph was a workaholic, and Sokka didn't even raise his kid *coughsuyincough*. If you include Zuko, I'm not sure what to make of Izumi, but she seems like kind of a hardass.

I really really wanted that scene to have someone tell Izumi that THIS preemptive strike is totally different from THAT preemptive strike. Also have Tenzin awkwardly tell her that he forgives the Fire Nation.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Waterbending is best/worst because you can use it for alcohol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Jafar is a firebender, not earth.

Also holy poo poo I didnot know that Zaheer's GF died like that. Christ.

• Locked thread