Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The first book got a soundtrack release. Books 2 and 3, not so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So given that three years later it's almost a guarantee that the korra/mako romance subplot comes back. The characters have matured and so hopefully it won't be as terrible?

HOPEFULLY?

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom posted:

I'm not sure why you'd think that. Three years apart is basically enough time for both of them to have moved on entirely.

Kind of always has been part of both series, even book 3 had a couple moments with other characters. And having them back together would mirror the end of ATLA

EDIT: Hell even book 3 had implied moments between korra and mako

iSheep fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Sep 27, 2014

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I could see Varrick's motives going either way.

But I'm gonna try and stop guessing what happens in this show because I have always been wrong.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
"Can you imagine me in my prime? I WOULD HAVE DESTROYED YOU."

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Two people got burned mister. :colbert:

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Heads up on tomorrows episode:

http://bryankonietzko.tumblr.com/post/103173899927/a-few-preemptive-words-about-episode-408

It is a clip episode. Apparently the shows budget was slashed and so this was the result. They tried as best as they could to make it entertaining to watch

Also this:

I swear at this point Mike, Bryan, or both have accepted it as canon. With how much teasing they do.

iSheep fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Nov 21, 2014

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

VanSandman posted:

Dammit Nick. Though I am curious to see how they frame the past seasons. This could be important for how they want Season 4 to be interpreted.

That was my thought too.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Watching tidbits from Book 1 you can definitely tell it had the most solid direction and animation compared to the later books. But I hate being critical of 2-4 because I've still had fun watching them.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Almost certain Netflix gave Arrested Development a shoestring budget. I wouldn't say they are the best choice.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Everyone shut the gently caress up.

Anyone notice that some of the VA work this episode sounded like is was phoned in? As in literally phoned in?

Its super obvious with Lin. And some bits of Bolin's dialogue too. Incredibly muffled compared to the other lines. I guess this could be another indicator of budget cuts.

Good episode though. Everything moves a bit too quick, I wish they could have more time to flesh out storylines but :(

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Episode 12's title can only mean one thing:

METAL GEAR

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
not to mention your holier than thou posting you do in here.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

God bless Rich Evans.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Jackard posted:

Having a giant mech out of nowhere, zero foreshadowing,

also makes me think of budget cuts

at least it blew up all of the stupid helicopters

Maybe the mech is an allegory for Nickelodeon and blowing up all those dragonfly things or whatever is symbolic of their budget cuts.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Regalingualius posted:

Did anyone else have problems with full-screen mode on the Nick site?

Yeah past couple of weeks, unfucks itself sometimes though.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
They better pack some parachutes.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yes, he is going to be replacing David Letterman on Late Night or whatever.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The Sharmat posted:

That was pretty good. Book 3 is still the best book, but they managed to pull an ending that involved neither the Avatar losing or Deus ex Machina.

I may have been hyperbolic but there's some serious loving baiting at the end for it.

Definitely a thing, my only beef is that it is 100% fan service as it was really never expanded on in the show, but on the other hand, I don't know how they would do it anyway.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Can we also rejoice that a set up for another stupid Meelo fart joke was completely avoided?

iSheep fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Dec 19, 2014

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
They went on a date(s) but that was the extent of it.

EDIT: The argument that it is fan service is valid, since when these characters were first being developed they probably didn't have the endgame in mind of Korra + Asami. The show has had a lot of outside influence from its fans when it comes to the writing/character development. But at the same time this wasn't exactly sprung on us. Book 3 and 4 dropped subtle hints from time to time.

iSheep fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Dec 19, 2014

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Hauldren Collider posted:

Final thought: I thought Korra and Asami had a great dynamic as *friends*. The gay lovers thing reaaaalllly cheapens that. I honestly think that them just being friends is a whole lot more interesting and satisfying.

Luckily you can interpret the ending as that if you want. But its kind of a stretch to assume that friends stare into each others eyes when they teleport away to a private vacation.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Gays are icky.

yeah confirm I saw one once and I was just like "yuck" you know?

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

OldTennisCourt posted:

I have to agree that the lack of an overarching villain is my major complaint with the show. I'll agree that Vaatu wouldn't have been best, but there should have been someway to work in a threat that existed over the whole of the show.

The Red Lotus crew would have been perfect for this.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I'm getting kind of sad the show is over with. I watched ATLA well after it was over and remember feeling the same way.

Goddamn you Bryke.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Akumos posted:

(bi flag)

Blue and pink is a common as hell common color scheme, I'm not totally dismissing it but I'm not really seeing it either.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Classtoise posted:

Real talk I did like the "Meelo's farts save the day" fakeout.

Yeah for sure. A good example of maturing character development that the rest of the book had going on.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

nutranurse posted:

I'm sad we won't be getting avatar ever again.

:(:hf::(

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

People are free to interpret it as friendship.

But they are probably wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

achillesforever6 posted:

Also the final scene music is on soundcloud too
https://soundcloud.com/jeremy-zuckerman/the-legend-of-korra
Man I'm going to miss the music, say what you will about the show, but the music was always good

E:^^^Oh goddamn it :argh:

This song is so fuckin good.

It reminds me a lot of the overall feel of Nick Cave and Warren Ellis's score from The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6KFvYCrB4E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxtDMj8NeEo

• Locked thread