Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Lol it should be a game to see how much you can cheat against Alex when you play him. #explorethepossibilities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Kraus posted:

They'd better not start calling RUG Delver "Temur Delver". I want to cackle like a middle schooler every time I hear someone say "RUG Delver".

True, but at the same time we'll get Temur->Teemo and have Teemo delver :). I can't wait for the alters! (Teemo is the best FYI)

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Dr. Stab posted:

Hold for years.

Imagine the Bugatti you'll be able to trade it for in 20 years when everyone in the civilized world plays magic!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I would be surprised if it wasn't him. I can imagine him saying the brains make you smarter and healthier as he tears into LSV's head.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Which magic player dropped out of school and lost employment due to wanting a magic pro? I vote that guy.

LordSaturn posted:

Take another look at Sheldon Menery and tell me you're sure he doesn't have a sex-murder dungeon in his basement. I bet he slyly refers to it as "the command zone".
I don't know the emote name and I'm using the app so pretend i used the drat son emote.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I should start carrying glass beads to denote usage of lands and creatures. Good thing I play with lands up front so opponents can clearly see what has been used.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Madmarker posted:

If your gonna troll, do it right.

This is not a troll. It actually makes for less confusion because you don't have to deal with people accusing you of not rotating your cardboard enough. Lands up front has always been better because you can see what resources are available. Your only non-land permanents are probably Jace TMS, a top, a counterbalance, a shaman, or a true nemesis anyway. Maybe a delver if you're lucky.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Elyv posted:

People play formats other than Legacy.

Oh yeah. Last month all for no land permanents was Aetherling, Elspeth, and maybe a couple banishing enchantments. Same deal, you have more lands.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Madmarker posted:

Ah, well if your doing it to stop confusion, then I definitely would suggest using My Little Pony Figurines, they are a bit bigger than the glass beads, and will more easily stand out against the cardboard.

Yeah but I already have adventure time figurines so I'll use those. Thanks for the suggestion!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

RME posted:

only if you use different colored beads of the same type for counters too

That's the plan! The problem is that I hate carrying assortments of dice and crap. I only bring 4-5 large dice for goyf and Planeswalker tracking and that's it. This will force me to bring my old pokemon glass bead bag which was awful.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Jitte
Keranos
Any other foreign words that sound awful when pronounced as American English but it's mostly those two that will endure due to eternal usage.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Jorath posted:

I'm posting this here as my posting was deleted from MTGS. See if you can guess why.

I'm interested in the answer, and particularly, what rule causes it.

Hidden information includes the deck which the other poster said. I'm gonna guess an argument erupted because you used girl names and this is part of the feminazi conspiracy to not use he and boy names as a default.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I'm gonna be really disappointed if WUR-Tang clan doesn't become a name.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

A big flaming stink posted:

if anyone actually cares about that price tracking on foils i did earlier it seems that pretty much all foils of eternal playables spike like crazy when the new fall block is released. If this pattern holds for the delta, then it could easily end up at 120$ or more. In fact, this pattern seems to make it trivially correct to hold on to any foil fetches one can acquire, as they are very likely increase in value by at least 60% in only a year.

While this might be true, the real reason the foils own is because all of them besides polluted delta actually look good. Much better than the lame originals. The flooded strand even has a kawaii dry-bones in it!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

redux posted:

I've been playing quite a bit of legacy BUG delver online and it's insane how much that card has warped things. I started out playing 3 and that quickly became 4 when I realized I basically always wanted it turn 3-4 without fail and that chaining it is trivial even with a deck that uses its graveyard to some extent.

It may well get banned in legacy, and I don't think that bodes well for it in modern. I just wonder if it does get banned in both formats is Dig Through Time going to follow it? It's obviously much less good in legacy and probably overall, but may be better in the blue combo decks like sneak and show, and does a lot of work in UWR control in modern.

Could you post your bug delver list that uses them? I've wanted to play that deck for a while but thought dig thru time was better for it compared to the other delver decks. I've been running 1-2 dig in UWR modern and miracles but might change to 2-3 cruiser miracles in the version that doesn't use snapcaster.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

This came up in the facebook feed of my local play group. Apparently one of the non-locals played and won in a PTQ at da-planet and had some comments to make about the free food they were giving out to the players

And I guess he thinks we're casuals cuz when I play on the island we only get maybe 60 people for a PTQ instead of the hundreds here on the mainland. Though I did go to a WV PTQ once that only had 60 which was refreshing from the typical 200 person slog. So the judges are looking into it. :3: dunno what they can about the guy but I remember what happened with #crackgate and the one time a player "joked" about rape on Twitter so eh.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

You've just described the thragtusk-angel standard from a couple years ago. This is what happens when wizards only wants good creatures that aren't easily killed. And yet they will do so because of the feel bad of counters and kill spells.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

:eyepop: epic play for all the value!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

We have a gentleman's agreement in one shop to not use the deck for fear of an arms race and a boring 2 months until it gets banned. Several of us already had it and sold it and we still have enough to equip several decks' worth if some jerk breaks the agreement.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I don't mind it in legacy cuz we have force and stifles and dazed but modern is supposed to be the more durdling version of legacy. This is why I only play combos in legacy.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

A friend bought a heist of saint Traft a week ago when apparently people went crazy and listed them for $100 on TCG. And apparently my friend was dumb and bought it.

I had to break the bad news to him just now when he texted me about it.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Jabor posted:

Dank Fiddy finding his way onto more cards.

He's already stolen my heart! They keep blue balling us - I want a Dark Fader card already!

I guess my friend thought it was a judge promo or something. He should've asked first! There were thousands of those things!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

People would've just whined about "land destruction" had they been made.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I just remembered that I have a date tomorrow night but I also want to play wizard poker. Any tips/tricks? I could possibly do a mrs. Doubt fire routine cuz there's a restaurant next door. drat I knew playing slow control decks would get the better of me one of these days.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Ok so I get the impression that what you guys are saying is to do mrs. Doubt fire but wear a wizard robe instead.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I am now tempted to live blog this event. Problem is, byob won't really enjoy it unless there's anime involved so I might have to buy some anime sleeves and playmat to make it interesting.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I will see what I can do. Will see if there's a local anime shop that has them. If this was back on the island I'd be able to get them easily. I would get anime titty islands but I might not draft blue so it might be a waste. I need to win to show my partner my utter domination of a children's card game.

Also as a clarification I would like to say that I am not dating an anime or else that would make it much easier to put her on sleeves and playmats. I am not a high enough wizard level to be dating that russian model who is an anime or the Brazilian model who is also an anime. However she is white and v skinny so she at least has the color and proportions of an anime. Facial surgery can fix the rest but i can wait on that.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Whoa I forgot the pro tour is this weekend. I might have to stay home and furiously see what's winning so I can speculate on the right $1 cards instead!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Elyv posted:

A), screw Sheldon Menery and screw EDH

So was it his hard glare or the raspy voice that gave you the hots for him?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

My friend is gonna be live blogging this thing. I'm looking forward to seeing how many people show up in "Hawaiian shirts." And maybe super secret tech.

(TBF loose oxfords are really comfy)

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Reading the grogs.txt reminded me of the old Jace x Sorin image that was made. Does anyone still remember the goon who posted it? See if we can get a bunch made like was planned years ago.

We can actually get a kick starter for it now that kick starter exists.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Went on my date last night, concluded it early (can't have her knowing I pretend to be a wizard until it's too late), did well at draft, and traded for digs and foil digs cuz I needed them for my eternal decks anyway. :smug: people couldn't wait to get rid of theirs fast enough

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I have no problem if these clan names are being used for standard decks because they are quite useful that way. However, I am afraid of change and speaking/typing extra letters so I will continue to call them RUG/BUG/junk/maybe Mardu or newspaper for legacy and modern. :ohdear:

Also it's Dutch/French control, not american :) it has less letters and is superior!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I thought they were gonna only be 10 cuz of the amount opened for fetch lands. That's probably what they'd settle at but I got mine at 5 cuz I was fearing the durdle junk matches where that's the only thing that can break through.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I want to read the cardboard Baron stories of people who kept buying into this roaring 20s scenario and lost it all when it crashes. Of course you'll never see people admit it even in anonymous boards, much less the barony of r/mtgfinance, but one can dream.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

mcmagic posted:

There are no 30 dollar non-mythic rares and no 75 dollar cards in Standard.

Oh come on Jace TMS, snapcasters, Thragtusk, and Lilliana weren't that long ago.

Sotar posted:

I just might shy away from STandard then and play limited/modern if these prices sustain (likely they won't)
Look forward to Dec/Jan when people will be complaining about yet another fetch land instead of a creature staple, a mythic, or how it'll take them 2-3 fetch lands to trade for a rabble master.

Chill la Chill fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Oct 13, 2014

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

You are right about Lilliana (just remembered I did trade Thragtusks for her during standard), but I distinctly remember Jace hitting that high before the ban. I traded stone forges for FOWS during a DC SCG tournament back then too.

(Oh but of course SCG prices don't count :rolleyes: )

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

AgentSythe posted:

Junk Reanimator 2: Electric Boogaloo

fake edit: wizards please give us a functional Resto Angel reprint

They did. It's called Quickling. And it's a fixed version.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

netcat posted:

Goodstuff is just a synonym for midrange

:agreed: the last time a midrange deck wasn't just a pile was when blood braid existed and only then was it a mild consideration. You could make the case that angel-thragtusk was an engine/synergy deck I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

If they were in the same colors I would play siege rhino and Quickling together all day for troll value and sweet synergy.

Then again, so would everyone. Unironically. :mad:

• Locked thread